Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
That looks great with the chrome trim...you do that yourself or buy it that way?

Also...do you remove it when you put the top up?

Some posts say you need to remove it...some say you can put the top up with it.

and last on a scale from 1 to 10...how much does the windshield really help...1 meaning no shield.

Let us know
:cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you buy the windscreen from Jay you can request it with the chrome trim.

I leave my windscreen on when I put the top up. It feels like the windscreen is pressing on the rear window when the top is up, but as another member suggested (ggccg) you can put self adhesive rubber dots on the rear window to protect it and the rear window defroster element.
NOTE - I notice if you leave the windscreen on with the top up and have the chrome trim, there seems to be two slightly noticeable "indention" on the chrome trim from where the window presses against it. This may not have happend if I would have placed the rubber dots on first.

IMO with the windscreen in place AND the windows rolled up you can tell a difference in the amount of wind blowing around you than if you didn't have the windscreen....I would say about a 5.

Hope this helps.....

REDSKY said:
That looks great with the chrome trim...you do that yourself or buy it that way?

Also...do you remove it when you put the top up?

Some posts say you need to remove it...some say you can put the top up with it.

and last on a scale from 1 to 10...how much does the windshield really help...1 meaning no shield.

Let us know
:cool:

·
Registered
246 Posts
futureskyowner said:
If you buy the windscreen from Jay you can request it with the chrome trim.
When I bought mine from Jay, he included it in the package separate just in case I would like to try it. It has adhesive inside, so don't put it on unless you really like it or you will get silicone all over the clear plastic. The chrome strip is made from chrome looking plastic, traditionally used in the automotive business. I opted for the "clean" chromeless look myself.

I'm gonna go for the clear plastic tabs to put on my back window to protect the glass. Great idea as I don't want to remove and store the screen each time.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The windscreen looks great, but I want to know about the ipod holder.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
another thing about not using the chrome edging on the windscreen...

the color of your Sky gets refracted up through the plexiglas and the edge of the windscreen kinda "glows" with the color of your car.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here's Jay's with chrome on Red.:thumbs: and stubby chrome antenna.
:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
It looks good fer sure, but being old school roadster driver, I can't get enthusiastic about windows up with top down. I guess I will always be a "wind in the hair & face type of guy. If I wanted that effect I would drive my L300 with the sunroof back.:lol: :D

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Looks good. I like the way the chrome trim goes with the rest of the chrome accents. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I'm not an old school roadster driver like Ernest. This is my first roadster. But, I have to agree with him. The windows have to be down if the top is down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts