Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just discovered that the entire cheap piece surrounding the gear shifter (manual) is not only lose, but the bottom left side lifts up about 1/4 an inch. It's obvious that lifting it up with just a little more pressure will remove the entire piece.

Back to the shop again. I guess they can fix this while they replace the inside passenger door panel and the steering column cover that's coming apart.

I'm trying so hard to be positive with this car but, it's getting more and more difficult. Add these three new problems with the MANY past major flaws is taking a toll on me.

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Just discovered that the entire cheap piece surrounding the gear shifter (manual) is not only lose, but the bottom left side lifts up about 1/4 an inch. It's obvious that lifting it up with just a little more pressure will remove the entire piece.

Back to the shop again. I guess they can fix this while they replace the inside passenger door panel and the steering column cover that's coming apart.

I'm trying so hard to be positive with this car but, it's getting more and more difficult. Add these three new problems with the MANY past major flaws is taking a toll on me.

Thanks for allowing me to vent.
I know it does not help YOUR situation but the problems you mention have not been brought up here before (or not enough to crack through my memory). Sounds like one that snuck through. Shame on them!

·
Registered
366 Posts
How long have you had the car and how many miles on it? With the exchange policy maybe you can say, look, this car has so many problems I want to exchange it for a sky that comes in in the future. If they're a good dealer they should be able to come up with something.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
With all the orders for Kappa cars Wilmington is running three shifts of production, they brought a couple hundred new people up from a closed plant in Maryland to help meet demand. Fit & Finish of the interior is not quite up to production speed. I would guess that the center consul and that door piece was not seated properly. You dealer should be able satisfy you.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know it does not help YOUR situation but the problems you mention have not been brought up here before (or not enough to crack through my memory). Sounds like one that snuck through. Shame on them!
Rick:

Someone else wrote their steering column cover is coming apart and I responded by mentioning mine is also and, where to look. If your unable to find it under "SEARCH", let me know and I'll re-write it.

I also explained my passenger door panel problem on a previous post.

As of now, I'm just hoping my Sky will hold up till the 2008's come out. Hopefully, these problems will be solved by then.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How long have you had the car and how many miles on it? With the exchange policy maybe you can say, look, this car has so many problems I want to exchange it for a sky that comes in in the future. If they're a good dealer they should be able to come up with something.
Took delivery on 06-01-06 (vin 1977) and I only have 1177 miles.
I believe the exchange policy covers the first 30 days only. Is that correct?

Not a good dealership. I was charged $2495 over msrp and $189.00 for mandatory window etching. That gives you an idea of who I'm dealing with.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With all the orders for Kappa cars Wilmington is running three shifts of production, they brought a couple hundred new people up from a closed plant in Maryland to help meet demand. Fit & Finish of the interior is not quite up to production speed. I would guess that the center consul and that door piece was not seated properly. You dealer should be able satisfy you.
Lets hope so. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Rick:

Someone else wrote their steering column cover is coming apart and I responded by mentioning mine is also and, where to look. If your unable to find it under "SEARCH", let me know and I'll re-write it.

I also explained my passenger door panel problem on a previous post.

As of now, I'm just hoping my Sky will hold up till the 2008's come out. Hopefully, these problems will be solved by then.

That was me with the steering column cover. But it was a easy fix for the dealer, took about a 1/2 hour.

I also mention something about the zipper on the seat. It's behind the seat towrds the botton. Mine was just jammed, again a easy fix.

·
Super Moderator
11,587 Posts
Four words...

First Production Year Vehicle

You would have thought I'd have learned with my 97 Grand Prix (also a first production year vehicle) but Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... I swear if I had a dollar for every time when somoene is troubleshooting something over there I heard "Well, unless you have a 97..." LOL

Anyway. So much changes after this first year and we will seem to have all the little bugs. Understand this is the price you pay to be first on the block with the new car. I know it's frustrating but that's the trade off. Look, already the next series of production cars are coming with things like the revamped rear fenderwells (to prevent tire rub under hard acceleration), power height adjustable driver's seats and a door lock switch. There will be more too. I wouldn't be surprised if you see updates to the roofs where we've seen some tearing issues, the stops where the rubber pads keep coming off (mine are both gone), and other miscilanious things like that (hope they address that cupholder next to the passenger seat).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts