Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to wait a long while for my wife today so I decided to wonder over to my Saturn dealer. Sometimes I just like to sit in a Sky for a while. Sometimes I'll practice opening and closing the trunk or putting the roof up and down.

I talked to two sales people today. The first told me they had one Redline on order and they thought it would be the only one they get this year.

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:
The second guy told me they are getting the same number of RL's as Base Sky's. He also told me that the RL will have an optional hard top available and that the RL that was on order was ordered with the optional hard top.
:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I hear you Rick. My salesman called me yesterday and apologizes for giving me the wrong information. This is from a man that works for Saturn as a salesman for 10 years....:eek: ..I finally talked to the salesmgr, and found out that in fact my sky order is in the computer but the order hasn't been placed yet! Bottom line I still on the FX*k-in waiting list.....Well as my teenagers say Whatever....:willy:

·
Registered
540 Posts
:confused: sigh, and these are the people you are trusting to get you your Sky ????? sad isnt it........... I wonder how many people they have told that to and the person believe them ???? Sadly when I asked my dealer if he had seen the pricing on the Redline yet he told me it still hadnt been released. So I emailed him back the pricing list and told him it was on the Saturn website..........Really made me feel secure about his ability to get me a car.:eek:

·
Registered
141 Posts
My salesman didn't know exactly where I am in line and did not know the Sky just had a price increase, let alone whether I'd be price protected. He asked around and no one at the Dealership knew there was a price increase.

DID say that orders were taken at MSRP with no mark-ups and no required add-ons. Said the Skys on the lot (when they have them) are sold with $2500 in add-ons and MSRP.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
ineedmorebotox said:
:confused: sigh, and these are the people you are trusting to get you your Sky ????? sad isnt it........... I wonder how many people they have told that to and the person believe them ???? Sadly when I asked my dealer if he had seen the pricing on the Redline yet he told me it still hadnt been released. So I emailed him back the pricing list and told him it was on the Saturn website..........Really made me feel secure about his ability to get me a car.:eek:
:agree: .......yeppers....I don't feel real secure about it, thats for sure! But, I keep telling myself......go with the flow....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
MRSVIPER said:
I hear you Rick. My salesman called me yesterday and apologizes for giving me the wrong information. This is from a man that works for Saturn as a salesman for 10 years....:eek: ..I finally talked to the salesmgr, and found out that in fact my sky order is in the computer but the order hasn't been placed yet! Bottom line I still on the FX*k-in waiting list.....Well as my teenagers say Whatever....:willy:
Sounds like cj to me. You should head down to Plymouth, they only have 6 or 7 people on there list for the standard SKY as of today. They told me they are getting 2 or 3 allocations a month, but delivered 6 in June. I got on their list May 1st and might have my car this week. Lakeside in another good one to check out.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I emailed my sales person and wanted to know about my status code and her reply email said

"Your order status is ordered."

:banghead:

I knew that already!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
540 Posts
RMFNSKY said:
I emailed my sales person and wanted to know about my status code and her reply email said

I know this isnt actually funny but I did just laugh out loud when I read it. :lol:

·
Registered
203 Posts
MRSVIPER said:
Did you actually see the OrderWORKBENCH paperwork? Mine clearly says that it is a PRELIMINARY order. My salesman gave me a copy of it. He clearly outlined the procedure and when I come up in line, I will get a call to see if there are any changes I want to make. Only THEN is the order actually placed.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Hay Caramba!!!

I can only apologize and feel bad for some of my fellow Salespeople's IGNORANCE and ability to have the foot-into-mouth syndrome... :banghead:

Those are the ones that give us the bad name!!! :brentil: :rolleyes:

I hope they will learn the CORRECT information and stop talking out of their butts!!! :confused:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was just coming back onto the site to make an addition to this post. Because i was thinking of people like you and Jill!

There are a lot of really good hard working Sales people working at the Saturn stores. Sometimes I get the feeling they can't tell you everything they know. There are a few that do damage and they are the frustrating ones.

To all the GOOD sales people in all the Saturn stores...THANKS!:thumbs:

·
Registered
482 Posts
RMFNSKY said:

When I asked my sales person for an update she said "well it isn't here yet"....thanks for the info. Could have figured that out for myself. If you want info. talk with your GM.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Sounds like a road trip to Minnesota is in order......

MRSVIPER said:
Mrs. Viper....My dealership has been great.... and even with a bad mistake did right by me.
I bet they would help you out......:cheers:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
MRSVIPER said:
I thought your order was in ...what the heck?????????

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
My favorite was when a salesman told me the base sky is so fast because they weigh under 1 ton. For a guy this bad at math, i sure don't trust him and his calculator to ring up my sales price!:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
SKY Spy said:
Hay Caramba!!!

I can only apologize and feel bad for some of my fellow Salespeople's IGNORANCE and ability to have the foot-into-mouth syndrome... :banghead:

Those are the ones that give us the bad name!!! :brentil: :rolleyes:

I hope they will learn the CORRECT information and stop talking out of their butts!!! :confused:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

Yep and the ones in Canada are not much better. I am about ready to just come down there and put my order in, granted I will now have to wait until next year to get my car but it looks that way for me getting mine up in Canada anyway. They never return calls and when I do talk to them they tell me they are sending me stuff to sign and never do. I just hate the thought of buying a car from them now.

Kimberly
ChiliSky

·
Registered
388 Posts
RMFNSKY said:

:lol: That made me laugh.

·
Registered
388 Posts
MRSVIPER said:
Same thing happened to me. They kept telling me my car was ordered when I put my deposit down. Which I knew could not be true. 3 months later my car was officially ordered and accepted.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts