Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, including wallpaper sized shots. Being a fan of smooth curves, I prefer the exterior of the Solstice. However, I think I prefer the Sky's wheel design.

Note that the specs are available in PDF.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tempting

Dangit! I didn't expect it to actually look this good. Until now I've been expecting it to get screwed up somehow. I've been dead-set on Solstice. I'm still leaning toward Solstice, but I'm afraid the more I look at pics of the SKY, the more I'm going to like it.

I must say though, that I HATE the interior. It looks cheap and gaudy at the same time!

·
Registered
15 Posts
So, on the undercarriage they note a "torque sensing" limited slip differential. Is that what's commonly known as a "torsen-type" diff, or could it still be the clutch-type? If it's the torsen-type, I'm hoping this is the same one they are using in the Solstice. tor-sen makes sense to be a shortened way of saying TORque SENsing, but I honestly can't remember if that's the case.

·
Registered
78 Posts
O my God
:thumbs
What do you get!Solstice or Sky
I guess my take the wife and see which syle & colour she likes best.
Also see which one my fat ass fits in better.
I guess I better start working out on the bowflex :cryin

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Excuse me while I go do a happy dance!!!

:party

I'm so damn happy they stuck with the rear diffuser and exhaust we keep seeing in the spy shots. Happy Happy, Joy Joy!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
It a good looking car but here are my complaints. The exterior styling is like every other sports car out now. It's a mix of C6, viper and a bunch of other stuff rolled into one. I'm already tired of these sharp edged designs. The interior quality is amazing but it's way to busy. The guages remind me of miata guages which is to say uninspiring. One of the things I like about the solstice is there isn't anything on the road like it. Styling wise. In the end I'm happy these cars are being built at all.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I really like this car too! In fact, I may end up in a big dilemma as to which Kappa I truly like better. I love the clean lines of the Solstice, but I am equally attracted to that side scoupe and sculpted lines of the Sky! Why did GM have to go and hit two home runs! I cannot possibly take them both home! :cuss :jester

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
It has turned out better than I expected. What's the cost range? Must say haven't paid much attention to Sky, That's about to change. I :confused think

·
Registered
9 Posts
looks like the they didn't keep the 3rd brake light location that the Opel Roadster had in its pic.

·
Registered
138 Posts
nighttripper said:
What's the cost range?
They haven't said yet. I've seen a few quotes "less than $25,000", and "between $20,000 and $25,000". They could pop a few more options as standard and charge a bit more as base price.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Let us see hmmmmm 20,000 +25000 =45000 About the price of a vette, and I could have two of course I would have to add child support and a few other things But we could have his and hers :nono o well I guess a decision is coming have to go to a show and see what fits me the best. :cool

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
HEY TROY

I uploaded the 1024 sized versions of the Sky pics from the Saturn website to the gallery section. Can you convert them to your space? I've used up about 70% of my available space, and if I come across better pics of "on road" cars I'd like to be able to upload them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
mceb said:
They haven't said yet. I've seen a few quotes "less than $25,000", and "between $20,000 and $25,000". They could pop a few more options as standard and charge a bit more as base price.
I was thinking about it if the price was $20,000, but if it goes any higher without a bigger engine, count me out.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
jawzforlife said:
I was thinking about it if the price was $20,000, but if it goes any higher without a bigger engine, count me out.
GM has it listed as under $25,000. But if you look at the PDF you'll see a lot of the options from the Solstice appear base on the Sky. But I don't think there's enough though to make it worth $5000 more.

I started a thread about it over here.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=921

·
Registered
727 Posts
Bob Lutz is also on record as saying the Solstice will cost $20K and the Sky will be more, but not by much. So I am guessing it will be significantly below the $25K point listed in the GM press release. How much would significant be? I dunno for sure, but it will be better than say $24,995! :smile

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts