Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealership has one car and they are auctioning it. No one at the dealershio can even tell me when they will take my order much less get a car! Starting to get p.o.ed. I want the car. I love it! but i am not going to wait forever! Those of you who have cars, how did you get your hands on one while i have to wait to even put in an order!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I put my deposit down in October of last year. Was able to order the Sky the way that I wanted it on February 23 - picked it up yesterday.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
cozy said:
My dealership has one car and they are auctioning it. No one at the dealershio can even tell me when they will take my order much less get a car! Starting to get p.o.ed. I want the car. I love it! but i am not going to wait forever! Those of you who have cars, how did you get your hands on one while i have to wait to even put in an order!
At this point is pretty late to get on a dealers list. Many of us looked outside of our area for a dealer who could assist us. Let people know what area you are in and maybe they can direct you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At least you got to order!

Hard and Fast,
walk me through the first drive because i'm so jealous! have been driving a 86 cougar since july and i'm about to go buy some other convertable even though the sky is my fav!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I want!

I live in St. Louis, MO and am planning on red or silver (love them both) with black or black/red leather, 5 speed (love to drive a stick), monsoon sound, chrome wheels, NO SPOILER (ruins the rear), limited slip, sports package! I'm not a patient woman! This is killing me!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I put my deposit down on June 3rd of 2005...
some dealers are still selling their first allotment but most have already sold theirs, your best bet would be search around to different dealers by using the Saturn find a dealer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
richmcc,
my dealer doesn't even (or says they don't) have a list!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yea, I'm surprised about all the different experiences with the dealers. I got on my dealer's list in early February and was already offered to take a demo (can't drive stick). Currently waiting on an automatic, but the dealer has been very open about where I am in the list and has welcomed any and all questions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you all already have one?

how many of you all already have one in the gareage or in the driveway?
the more i'm looking around the more pissed i'm getting. according to my dealership no one has their hands on one. but it sounds like people are already driving theirs!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Try this one.....

cozy said:
richmcc,
How about this one....I've been advised that "they are no longer assigning TPW's". (tentative production week) You gotta laugh to keep your sanity!!! Keep the faith.... Tommorow will be 1 year and 3 months since I first spotted the SKY and decided "THATS THE ONE". It will come, :D It will come :thumbs:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just reported: Saturn delivered 134 Sky's last month.
Save for a few demo's actually being bought by the dealership and corporate sponsors and you are probably looking at 50-75 individuals owning one already. Check around to other dealerships, some are still doing a first come first serve type of deal. Most facilities are pre-sold up through the summer already.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Put my name on the list over a year ago.

cozy said:
I put my name on the list well over a year ago when I first read about the SKY while waiting in an airport. When my dealer received their first SKY, the called and then bought it the next day when they received their second SKY. The one I bought had everything including the color except for the spoiler and once I saw it, I really like it. Hope you get yours soon. It is a great car.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
cozy said:
richmcc,
I think you should remove "my" from your sentence. I was suggesting that you find another dealer. If this dealer is auctioning the car he is not within Saturns no haggle pricing policy. Call around find a dealer that will sell you the car for MSRP the way you want it, I personally would and did not settle for less.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wish i could be as positive as you all but i just called every dealership in the area and they all say it could be as long as 6 monthes. if it is going to take that freaking (trying to clean up for the sake of the "forum") long i mightr as well start looking at other cars. :brentil:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
cozy said:
I live in St. Louis, MO and am planning on red or silver (love them both) with black or black/red leather, 5 speed (love to drive a stick), monsoon sound, chrome wheels, NO SPOILER (ruins the rear), limited slip, sports package! I'm not a patient woman! This is killing me!
Cozy,

I have to think that in a big city such as St. Louis, there HAS to be more than 1 Saturn dealer around. Even if you have to go outside the city to the neighboring suburbs, it might be worth the time and effort. Many people here say that most dealers have been sold out of their allotment for some time...but I managed to walk into an area dealer and place a deposit on a Sky. Exactly one week later, my car was imaged and is on it's way to being built. It CAN be done! Get a listing of dealers off the Saturn website...just enter your zipcode and it will produce a list of all the dealers nearby. Pick up the phone and start calling every dealer on that list. Ask them if they are taking any deposits, what number you would be on the waiting list, and if they are selling at MSRP. Some folks here have gone as far as 70 miles away to find a dealer that will work with them. If you want the car bad enough...you gotta do what you gotta do. :thumbs:

·
Registered
727 Posts
cozy said:
wish i could be as positive as you all but i just called every dealership in the area and they all say it could be as long as 6 monthes. if it is going to take that freaking (trying to clean up for the sake of the "forum") long i mightr as well start looking at other cars. :brentil:

With the limited production, and if they have a lot of orders already, it could easily be that long. You could always try to get on a list with each local dealer to have them call you if they have someone back out of an order. Locally, there have been a lot of people back out of Solstice orders making a number of them available over the past few months.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just called all the ones in the area around st. lou. most have a big waiting list! guess while i'm on spring break (yeah no kids!) i'll be calling every dealership in the greater area.:banghead:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks you all for letting me vent! i have to go gas up the 86 cougar (mom's on lone) so i can drive home on this beautiful day with no way of feeling the wind through my hair unless i stick my head out the freaking window!:rant:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts