Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We received a PRELIMINARY report this morning that they have decided to divide allocation according to "market share" and "market area." :cheers: In other words, dealers that sale more cars will get more Skys and it will be different from region to region. :cheers: For us that will be great since we are one of the volume leaders in the region... :cool:

There is going to be a webcast event for Saturn on December 2nd and this is were we are expecting to receive allocation numbers. :eek:

We'll see...

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Well then, if the official allocations are not made public until December 2 then we will be waiting until after December 2 for ordering information.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Kinda makes sense to have more of this car available to the "warm" states than us northern states or Canada. Thats unfortunate for me (NJ)

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Delnari said:
Well then, if the official allocations are not made public until December 2 then we will be waiting until after December 2 for ordering information.
I thought allocation information and official ordering happened on the same day with the Solstice?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Sky Dealer,

do you happen to know how they handle a situation where you have 1 owner with 3 dealerships? In my area the same guy owns all 3 saturn dealerships within an hour drive. I was wondering, do they allocate cars to each of his dealerships based on their individual marketshare/market area? so that one of his dealerships could get lets say 1 car while his other dealership gets 4 and maybe the third dealership 0.

OR,

do they group all of his 3 dealerships together and figure out his marketshare/marketarea ratio that way? so maybe he gets 8 cars for him to disperse to his 3 dealerships as he sees fit??

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
usmc said:
Sky Dealer,

do you happen to know how they handle a situation where you have 1 owner with 3 dealerships? In my area the same guy owns all 3 saturn dealerships within an hour drive. I was wondering, do they allocate cars to each of his dealerships based on their individual marketshare/market area? so that one of his dealerships could get lets say 1 car while his other dealership gets 4 and maybe the third dealership 0.

OR,

do they group all of his 3 dealerships together and figure out his marketshare/marketarea ratio that way? so maybe he gets 8 cars for him to disperse to his 3 dealerships as he sees fit??
It should be based on each individual dealerships performance. :rolleyes: The same thing will happen here since the same company owns the Saturn store I work for and a much smaller Saturn dealer. WE are thinking the smaller store may NOT get any skys since they do not "own" much of a market area.

As always, impatiently waiting... :willy:

Regards,

·
Registered
357 Posts
rwood411 said:
Kinda makes sense to have more of this car available to the "warm" states than us northern states or Canada. Thats unfortunate for me (NJ)
Where at in NJ? What dealer are you using? I'm in Burlington County and hopefully will be using Saturn of Mt. Laurel for my SKY.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Saturn of Denville NJ. I've gotten no information from them since I left a deposit. All the dealer would tell me is that I would be gauranteed to get a Sky. Im not sure if this means I can order what I want or I take whatever they get in stock - if they get any at all. Oh well, just gotta keep waiting.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey Sky Dealer,
Do you think we are going to get to order our car how we want it or are we going to have to take what the dealerships get????????

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hi Sky Dealer, Angelqute1 here, in Los Angeles... currently having a deposit of Saturn of the Valley......

As you know, my GM at the dealership has done nothing but praise you and tell me how good you are at what you do. On that note, I also feel very privileged to have an "insider" like you be privvy to the information that you can share with us. I thank you for that, and I think we all do.

On that note, this thread can create a lot of questions. You have certainly diligently answered them as they are thrown at you. Of course, I am just working my way up to asking....

What's going on here in Southern California? Does my dealership have the information as to how many Saturn will be allocating to them? Does any dealership know?

I must honestly say, I have not found myself so committed to anything like I am to this car, however, in all honesty... with all of the GM stuff going on, the dates being pushed back (like with the Solstice), it's rather disheartening that GM didn't learn the first time around (like with the Solstice).

I have a famous saying that I find myself telling people, time and time again. That is:

"I don't expect anything from anyone, that I don't expect of myself"

I live by those words, and I have a lot on the line with this car, being my first Saturn EVER.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I must honestly say, I have not found myself so committed to anything like I am to this car...
Has Angel's husband just become the first official Sky widower?

I will have to admit that my love affair with the Sky has been better than most of my relationships. Longer too!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
That's so funny, I guess the fact that I'm on my second one (husband, that is) and first (Saturn, that is) I'm working on my faith and committment skills.

·
Registered
295 Posts
When, what, where, how many?

:::locking myself in a closet until December 2nd:::
For those of you old enough to remember Hogans Heros, I will take the stance of Sgt. Schultz;
"I KNOW NOTHING!"
Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
87 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
For those of you old enough to remember Hogans Heros, I will take the stance of Sgt. Schultz;
"I KNOW NOTHING!"
Cheers,
Jill
You VILL tell us everything..Ve have our Vay's you know! :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
110 Posts
SKY to arrive in Fort Lauderdale

If you live in or near the Fort Lauderdale Florida area, there will be a SKY on display on Friday, December 2nd at SATURN OF FORT LAUDERDALE.

Don't know the color yet, but can't wait to see my first in-person SKY.

I'm #1 on the dealer's waiting list and will likely spend most of the day drooling over the SKY.

If you live farther north, the SKY will be at SATURN OF WEST PALM BEACH on November 29th and 30th.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Angelqute1 said:
What's going on here in Southern California? Does my dealership have the information as to how many Saturn will be allocating to them? Does any dealership know?

I must honestly say, I have not found myself so committed to anything like I am to this car, however, in all honesty... with all of the GM stuff going on, the dates being pushed back (like with the Solstice), it's rather disheartening that GM didn't learn the first time around (like with the Solstice).

I have a famous saying that I find myself telling people, time and time again. That is:

"I don't expect anything from anyone, that I don't expect of myself"

I live by those words, and I have a lot on the line with this car, being my first Saturn EVER.
Thanks for the kind words... Just trying to tell you guys and gals any info I'm ALLOWED to tell you!!! :banghead:

All I can say Angelqute1 is that come Dec 2nd we will know a lot more than we know now. If any dealer tells you how many they are getting, it's all a guess; it could be an educated guess but a guess nonetheless... :eek:
This still doesn't mean that they may have delays but we hope that since the Sol came out first, they had time to "work out the bugs" out of the Sky before it even comes out. :cool:

Let keep doing what we have been doing, waiting that is and be patient!!! :rolleyes:

Regards,

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
PammySky said:
Hey Sky Dealer,
Do you think we are going to get to order our car how we want it or are we going to have to take what the dealerships get????????
At this point I belive that the customer will get the opportunity to option their Sky the way they want it. Keep one thing in mind, the dealer may only have a small window of opportunity to spec out the Sky image they will get from Saturn and if the dealer or the salesperson is unable to contact the potential buyer on time you may get a vehicle optioned out by the dealer. I would suggest you make sure your sales guy/gal knows what you want, color, interior options, etc so in case you can't be reached he/she knows what to order for you...

Regards,

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Saturn Sales said:
"I KNOW NOTHING!"
Cheers,
Jill

Funny!!! :lol: :lol: :willy:

Regards,

·
Registered
87 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
"I KNOW NOTHING!"
Cheers,
Jill
See all of you little kinder, Ve do have our vay's of getting everyone to talk..now let us all keep up der pressure on der sales volks und GM.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts