Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Episode Title: 2536/Saturn Sky
PBS broadcast window begins May 12, 2006

Quick Listing:
Road Test: The delightful 2007 Saturn Sky roadster
Road Test: All-new 2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Goss' Garage: Finding a Cure for Brake Dusk
FYI: Mercedes-Benz Classic Center
Car Keys: First Drives -- Chevrolet Corvette (Paddle Shift) & Jaguar XK Coupe.

The delightful 2007 SKY, at last some reporter with a cars sense..Seal9

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
bdubner said:
Goss' Garage: Finding a Cure for Brake Dusk (Brake Dusk????! What's that?) :D
Maybe you get that from using your brakes too much in teh early evening....:jester:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Depends on the car.

bdubner said:
Goss' Garage: Finding a Cure for Brake Dusk (Brake Dusk????! What's that?) :D
I guess none of you have ever owned a BMW. The BMW brake pads are so soft that the black-gray powder gets all over to wheels in one day of normal driving. I believe that BMW design them that way because of the unlimited speeds allowed on the autobaun in Germany. I can tell you that the dust problem is a real pain in th rear. So far I have put 1100 miles on my Sky and haven't noticed much of a dust problem with it.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
skyfan said:
I guess none of you have ever owned a BMW. The BMW brake pads are so soft that the black-gray powder gets all over to wheels in one day of normal driving. I believe that BMW design them that way because of the unlimited speeds allowed on the autobaun in Germany. I can tell you that the dust problem is a real pain in th rear. So far I have put 1100 miles on my Sky and haven't noticed much of a dust problem with it.
4660 miles and no brake dust... maybe if i used the brakes sometime LOL

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
skyfan said:
Skyfan -- you missed teh fun -- I know what Brake DUST is not Brake DUSK.. we were laughing at the typo...:lol:

·
Registered
802 Posts
seal9 said:
Episode Title: 2536/Saturn Sky
PBS broadcast window begins May 12, 2006
Quick Listing:
Road Test: The delightful 2007 Saturn Sky roadster
Road Test: All-new 2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Goss' Garage: Finding a Cure for Brake Dusk
FYI: Mercedes-Benz Classic Center
Car Keys: First Drives -- Chevrolet Corvette (Paddle Shift) & Jaguar XK Coupe.
The delightful 2007 SKY, at last some reporter with a cars sense..Seal9
Not seal9's fault, looky here:

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
Not to COMPLETELY derail this thread but you can eliminate brake dust by going ceramic...Recomend em with my life!

·
Registered
170 Posts
What does it mean to go ceramic? I dont have a huge problem with brake dust, but the chrome wheels are so awesome I like to keep them as clean as possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
rocky777 said:
What does it mean to go ceramic? I dont have a huge problem with brake dust, but the chrome wheels are so awesome I like to keep them as clean as possible. Thanks!
Ceramic brake pads.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't know about Ceramic on this car unless you are racing it, and in the rain they might fair worse. Ceramic is good for fade free braking in track environments and at otherwise illegal speeds, but I know most cars that use them feather them in the rain to keep them dry.

I doubt 99% of people will need them even if they do some track days, but they might add ventilated backs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts