Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked mine up late yesterday afternoon. It drew quite a crowd as it was the first one for the local dealer. Even some guys from the Mitsu shop across the street came over to see what it was. People pulled in off the street to see it and I let several sit in it.

The store manager and I took it for the first run. Not only does it look great, but it drives great. It got better once I got it away from the crowded streets and hit a curvy country road where I could air it out on some tight turns. It was no problem (but perhaps not smart) taking 30 mph curves at 50 plus. Wow was it fun.

I got the "mid-life crisis red" with black on black. My wife and I had only seen the silver demo car and almost went that way. But 3 out of 4 in my house voted for red and red it is! We did not make a mistake. It is gorgeous. I truly think no matter which color you chose, you are gonna be thrilled. All 4 of us are on board now and absolutely thrilled with this car.

I am glad we took delivery on a warm, sunny day. Today it is rainy here just north of Nashville, so we'll just have to dream about the great day of driving ahead of us on Saturday.

Jon

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Midlife crisis...... iIknow about that, except I'll have to wait a little longer to try and soothe this beast. Congrats OOOhhh NITE SKY where art thou:lol:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Going to pick mine up today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VIN 100816 (last 6) - I can't wait to get behind the wheel! :driving:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Newby here!!

Well, I've been reading obssesively for a few days, and decided to finally post. I am an admitted Sky-aholic... I am biting my nails, can't eat, can't sleep, all I do is dream about my sky. Haven't even imaged yet...UGH. Expecting to get a call today or tomorrow for imaging. This is the best support group I could ask for. You are the only ones who understand...:willy:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats jonm! I was also the first to receive mine at my dealer and boy was it made into a big deal! It was a bit overwhelming at first, but fun.

Welcome to the club luvskyz!

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
luvskyz said:
Well, I've been reading obssesively for a few days, and decided to finally post. I am an admitted Sky-aholic... I am biting my nails, can't eat, can't sleep, all I do is dream about my sky. Haven't even imaged yet...UGH. Expecting to get a call today or tomorrow for imaging. This is the best support group I could ask for. You are the only ones who understand...:willy:
:agree: even my wife doesn't quite understand the desire, and she keeps telling me to stop looking at this site so much because it just makes me want it more! However, she is :deadhorse because this is the best place to get the word on what is happening. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Yipppppeeeee!!!!! What a perfect time of the year....Hey, when did your order get imaged? I too am an addict.

·
Registered
182 Posts
jonm said:
I picked mine up late yesterday afternoon. Jon
Oh you Ba8tard !! ONLY 2-TWO posts and you got your Sky already??!!:brentil:

That's a substantial breach of protocol!! You have to come in here for 6 months (or years, Ernest), whine, pine, moan, ask the same questions 3 times because you are so obsessed, then pee all over yourself when you get an image and your order is confirmed, then pester everyone else about how long does it take from placing an order until production week, how long to get marked for transportation, how many rail heads and transfer points it has to go thru, where it disappeared to, how much sleep you've lost reading the same threads on this forum 5 times, and then finally you can write up the Ultimate "My Sky Is In" post !!

Just Kidding !! Those of us who are waiting are happy when you get yours, that means the rest of us are that much closer to getting ours, except for Canadians who will have their cars impounded and never touch them.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats !! :cheers:

·
Registered
311 Posts
HRD&FAST said:
Going to pick mine up today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VIN 100816 (last 6) - I can't wait to get behind the wheel! :driving:
My Vin # is 814.:thumbs: Enjoy your ride.

Mine not here yet.

Maybe next week earliest.:)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Kudos :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
VUETH1S said:
...ask the same questions 3 times because you are so obsessed, then pee all over yourself when you get an image and your order is confirmed...
Geez, since people are getting there Sky's now, as a Senior member I have to where my depends whenever I log on to this forum.:eek:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
richmcc said:
Geez, since people are getting there Sky's now, as a Senior member I have to where my depends whenever I log on to this forum.:eek:
Depends!!! just move the computer to the bathroom:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
182 Posts
nighttripper said:
Depends!!! just move the computer to the bathroom:lol: :lol:
Seriously, I've been there with a laptop and wireless modem reading this stupid forum. In fact, that's exactly what I was doing 2 Saturdays ago when the dealer called and said an allocation was available !

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
VUETH1S said:
Seriously, I've been there with a laptop and wireless modem reading this stupid forum. In fact, that's exactly what I was doing 2 Saturdays ago when the dealer called and said an allocation was available !
Holy S**t man:lol: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
VUETH1S said:
More info than we need to know. Gives new meaning of it being called a library. Skip....Reading this forum in the COMPUTER room.:thumbs: :thumbs:

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
jonm said:
It is gorgeous. I truly think no matter which color you chose, you are gonna be thrilled. I am glad we took delivery on a warm, sunny day.
Jon
Congrats on your new baby!-I had the same exerience being the dealer's first delivery-and it was a beautiful day! I didn't want to get out of the car that night!:lol:
Now you'll be paying special attention to the weather report, I know! Happy driving-just be prepared for the stares!:D

·
Registered
389 Posts
:lol: I hadn't thought about it, but the weather report on the local news will take on a whole new importance!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
If it rains on day of delivery check auto for leaks. Two birds with one stone...... Skip....:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
luvskyz said:
All i can say is.. WELCOME..... ADMITTING IS THE FIRST STEP.... but.... hate to say this.. I DONT WANT TO OVERCOME THIS ADDICTION.... hehehe.... They are all wonderful people here... and..... CONGRATS ON YOUR IMAGING..... almost...... SkyBaby-07

1 - 20 of 36 Posts