Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All!
I will be moving in November from NY to FL. My new sky I am hoping will be here before I go. Does anyone have web sites for transports? I would prefer to have the dealer sent to a Florida Dealer but I find that highly unlikely. If anyone has any ideas that would be great.
Thanks! :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
1) Just Google "automobile transportaion" and you will enter the wonderful of cunfusion like you have NEVER experienced. I have done it twice. AMAZING. Feel free to call me in the evening to get the lowdown on what I learned . PM for the phone number.
2) Depending on how much "stuff" you have to go in the moving van, the movers can transport the car with your household goods. More expensive, less traumatic.
3) ANY dealership can order a car for what has been called a "courtesy deliver". Almost EVERY fleet car is drop shipped that way. If it is early enough in your order process your Saturn dealership can arrange this. They may not, but they can. Timing and finances then become an issue. The "delivering" dealership WILL charge a fee (usually nominal) for "courtesy delivery".

Hope that helps.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
search on SnowBird Transport in google or yahoo

Article in Philly inquirer a few weeks back about a guy doing it part time... drives each car. Downside is he puts the miles on... plus side is scheduling as the carriers can take multiple weeks.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
QuiltingDiva said:
maybe too simplistic an answer. Has it even been "imaged" or allocated yet?

Cynthia
Not too simplistic. If the original dealership will not convert the transaction to a "courtesy delivery" then marzinair100 has a problem!! Some dealers (including mine) won't accept double orders, and others say they will not sell a car outside an arbitrary distance. The buyer, "marzinair100", has to speak with his dealer and sort out the NEW specifics of the transaction. If the dealership cooperates, then it is simple. If not, it isn't.

I would remind you that are MANY horror stories on this and the Solstice forums where buyers are abused at the time of delivery. Imagine the challenge of sorting things out late in the order process. "Sorry, mister customer, we don't want to do that." This can only be avoided with a pro-active approach. The one with the strongest approach wins when there is a situation where the supply/demand equation is so skewed as it is now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My hope is that it will be here before I leave, if it works out that way I will have it towed behind the moving truck. If not then I will be looking to get it shipped there at my expense. One way or the other I am not losing my spot in the order process.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Let me offer you a suggestion,.... I WILL DO IT... DRIVE IT ALL THE WAY FOR YOU...... AND SHOW HER ALL THE SITES TOO..... then, when we get to where you are moved to, i will call Ferris and ask he and Cameron to help roll the odometer back...no need to thank me,, no, really, it will be my pleasure... anything for a fellow SKY FAMILY MEMBER...... Sound Good? SkyBaby-07

1 - 8 of 8 Posts