Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I drive an older car so I'm a bit out of the loop on all the mp3 stuff in new cars. If I get the MP3 stereo option on the Sky- does that mean I can plug my IPOD into it? Or how does it work? Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
MP3 option allows you to play MP3 encoded discs in the head unit of the vehicle. ALL the stereo options have the AUX input jack to plug in an Ipod

·
Registered
802 Posts
nathanep said:
Cool! Thanks a lot! :cool:
That is an analog input, so it will take audio from any source - heck! even the headphone output from a transistor radio or recorder will work there.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Great news! I was worried about having to get one of those funky FM transmitters to hear my iRiver! If all of the stereos have an analog input, I will only have a little wire to hide instead of a big clunky thing which would spoil the look!

Where did you see the specs on the stereo?

·
Registered
74 Posts
IPod Genius here

OK, here's the scoop. The radio has a jack that you can plug yer IPod straight into so you can listen to it. All you need is a cable (available at Wal-Mart for $4.96) it has two ends that are both headphone jacks, one end into IPod, and one end into radio....done!!! Radio DOES NOT play mp3 encoded CD's, you just use the actual IPod.

·
Registered
623 Posts
CD Player "Standard" Radio has nothing

MP3/CD Player Radio has Aux Jack for external Devices and can play MP3 Encoded CD's (hence the MP3/CD Player)

Six Disc is same as above with a six disc changer in the dash. I don't know which one is standard on the SKY.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hayley's SKY said:
OK, here's the scoop. The radio has a jack that you can plug yer IPod straight into so you can listen to it. All you need is a cable (available at Wal-Mart for $4.96) it has two ends that are both headphone jacks, one end into IPod, and one end into radio....done!!! Radio DOES NOT play mp3 encoded CD's, you just use the actual IPod.

Is it not the exact same head unit as in the VUE and Ions???

The upgraded head units DO play the MP3 Encoded CDs and the base radios also feature the Aux input jack.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/do...0&vehicleID=3728&section=radios&page=&butID=5

All 3 radios have the AUX input.

U1C
Audio system, AM/FM stereo with CD player. Includes (UW5) 6 speakers

US8
Audio system, AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume and TheftLock. Includes (UQ3) Monsoon premium speaker system

US9
Audio system, AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer and MP3 playback, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume and TheftLock. Includes (UQ3) Monsoon premium speaker system

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Spag said:
Great news! I was worried about having to get one of those funky FM transmitters to hear my iRiver! If all of the stereos have an analog input, I will only have a little wire to hide instead of a big clunky thing which would spoil the look!

Where did you see the specs on the stereo?
We plug my wifes iRiver into my Solstice radio all the time.

·
Registered
802 Posts
SATN SKY said:
If your 8-track player has a headphone jack, you sure can.
Found this picture while surfing the net (GM)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts