Saturn Sky Forum banner

MPH giving a Sky away

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  swatthefly 
#1 ·
From a post on GMI( what heck is MPH magazine)

The March issue of MPH contains a seven page article on the Saturn Sky. In addition, they are giving one away in a contest.

Article quote:

"It's the kind of car that pulls you into the showroom, and once you're there, you find you can afford it."

The article contains an interesting ploy...They have covered all of the name badges on the photos...you don't find out who makes the car until you read the contest rules (on page 96).

Whatever this is, it is great publicity for GM/Saturn.

The photos in the article have not been published on the web to my knowledge, and are worth spending $1.99 to get a copy."

I know noyhing of this magazine but may some of you do

#5 ·
Rondosa said:
wow that seems SO far away. :banghead:
At least it's the first week of 2006 Q2. Much better then "early 2006" meaning "sometime in 2006 H2" which could mean the end of June. I don't know why they're not aiming for an earlier 2006 timeframe to attempt to get more sales in. Because really, they're not making that many changes to the Sky that are that different from the Solstice. The outer panels and the interior, and that's it. Unless they've got other changes to make. Who knows...

#6 ·
brentil said:
At least it's the first week of 2006 Q2. Much better then "early 2006" meaning "sometime in 2006 H2" which could mean the end of June. I don't know why they're not aiming for an earlier 2006 timeframe to attempt to get more sales in. Because really, they're not making that many changes to the Sky that are that different from the Solstice. The outer panels and the interior, and that's it. Unless they've got other changes to make. Who knows...

i agree, but as someone who has already decided that she's getting the RedLine (let's all gather round the RedLine praying circle :willy: ), for a relatively solid confirmation that the car will debut April 06, who knows when the RL will actually hit ground. i mean it's not a surprise given the info that has been coming out, it's just that a little part of me was hoping for a small miracle.

again, :banghead:

kris

#8 ·
brentil said:

well, since saturn and pontiac are both GM, maybe they really just want to get a solid start on the solstice before they roll out the sky. that way the two arent stealing sales from each other. as far as the preparation of the car for production, i have to believe they are just about there. i bet right now they are just in the stages of responding to the feedback and making minor adjustments. they may even just be in a paperwork stage. who knows. but either way, they dont want to release both at the same time. on the plus side, in order to ensure sales for saturn, they will have to make the saturn stand out from the solstice. and thats where we benefit! :cool:

#9 ·
Sorry this took so long, my scanner was busted.
Since the article can be found on their website now, I'll post the entire thing. Since I'm not overly sure the legality of posting magazine article scans online. However other people have done it before on the forums. If I need to remove them I will. However I'll pimp the magazine first. You can get a year subscription for $10 right now. www.mphmagazineonline.com

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.