Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not have the original window sticker with the Redline I purchased. Does anyone know if it is posible to get a replacement of this?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I do not have the original window sticker with the Redline I purchased. Does anyone know if it is posible to get a replacement of this?
The stickers are printed at the factory and are not able to be replaced. Dealers get a seperate spec sheet for the car and leave the OEM window sticker in the car when they sell it (or at least, you hope they do).

You might try calling the factory, but I'm not sure how much that would help. The easiest thing to do would be to get a copy of someone elses that has the same options as yours, photoshop your VIN into it, and run off a good copy at Kinko's. I'm sure there is someone here with a similar make/model.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purchased it from a used lot. It only had 500 miles and the peson who owned the car did not keep the window sticker.

·
Registered
650 Posts
The emailing or calling Saturn Customer Service. It might take a bit of work since the first person you'll talk to or email will not have a bit of a clue of what you're talking about.

I would think it would be a challange, though. While they would have the data for your VIN, they may not have the ability to have that generate a Monroney for your car as a past document.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I searched the site, and could not find anything more recent regarding this topic. Is there any present day service where one can get a replacement window sticker?
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,125 Posts
The link that Dave supplied seems to be the only real option.

Some Solstice forum members have looked, but there does not appear to be anyone making accurate reproductions, and those who tried found that GM wasn't interested in supplying replacements.

Do you want the actual sticker, or just the information from it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies. I wanted it for both reasons. Just to have because its a cool piece of documentation/history that I would want to display, but also to compare against what the car is.

I'm pursuing a low mileage car, and it does not have one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
A far as I know, the Corvette is the only car you can purchase an additional window sticker for. It is done through the Corvette Museum. I know because I did that for a Corvette I owned.

I suggest to call the Corvette museum in Bowling Green Kentucky and see if they would print one for your Sky Redline. Being owned by GM, I imagine the entire GM database is available to the museum. If they do that for you, please let us all know.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ordered a Monfoney label last year. The product looked nothing like the original window sticker at all. I was very disappointed , think the result is a joke and regard it as a rip off.

Just get a good photo of a window sticker and edit the text with a standard windows image editor (like paint) and the result will look 10 times better.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
A far as I know, the Corvette is the only car you can purchase an additional window sticker for. It is done through the Corvette Museum. I know because I did that for a Corvette I owned.

I suggest to call the Corvette museum in Bowling Green Kentucky and see if they would print one for your Sky Redline. Being owned by GM, I imagine the entire GM database is available to the museum. If they do that for you, please let us all know.
Pretty sure that GM trashed most of the Kappa "database" when they killed SATURN & PONTIAC.

·
Super Moderator
5,125 Posts
Pretty sure that GM trashed most of the Kappa "database" when they killed SATURN & PONTIAC.
Probably not.

GM is still responsible for the cars, and the data is necessary for them to be able to fulfill obligations like the PPS recall.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If at all possible, can someone who owns a 2007 Sky Base that has a original window sticker please take a picture of it as flat as possible and post it. Make sure to line out the VIN. Also please measure the dimensions of the window sticker. Just want to play around with Photoshop and see if I can reproduce it and possibly make available for others. Something to do when I cannot be out driving mine because it is snowing out again. Thanks

·
Registered
480 Posts
I know this isn't exactly what you're asking for, but when I bought my SKY in early '06 my dealer scanned the sticker and provided me with the 8.5 x 11" copy. I've attached my scan of that copy as a PDF.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's cool, Thanks a lot. I was looking for the other but this gives me something to play with. Still looking for the other one with the color bars, if anyone has it please post, Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,125 Posts
That's cool, Thanks a lot. I was looking for the other but this gives me something to play with. Still looking for the other one with the color bars, if anyone has it please post, Thanks
What "other" one are you referring to? I am only aware of that one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had an SL2 and a Vue and there was a red border on the Window Sticker. I was assuming Sky might be the same. Guess not. Well anyway will make do with what I have.

·
Super Moderator
5,125 Posts
I have had an SL2 and a Vue and there was a red border on the Window Sticker. I was assuming Sky might be the same. Guess not. Well anyway will make do with what I have.
I thought maybe you were looking for a completely different sticker that I knew nothing about.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts