Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it standard practice for the Saturn dealers to sell at MSRP or have they sold above that price in the past?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,568 Posts
I know of none that have in the past... however, there was also no car in their history that has had the demand. Saturn as a whole does not want their retailers to charge over MSRP, but since most are privately owned locations, there is nothing to stop them from charging a market adjustment.

Mine is an MSRP retailer... as is their Pontiac dealership next door.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It has been the policy around here, that they have no haggling pricing. But it has been a long time if not ever that Saturn has had a car that people were really anticapating. I know my dealer is selling the Sky at mrsp, but I know others in the IL. area that are selling it for 5K above.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Ernest said:
Good old fashion free enterprise at work'!

Ernest
Free enterprise? Greed? Free enterprise? Greed? hard to tell anymore :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
I know at the dealership I'm at everybody who has a pre-order will get their car at msrp. All others after that will get the msrp jacked up at least $2,000! :nono:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Free enterprise my ASS! Saturn is supposed to be a different kind of car company is it not? I would expect a money grab from Ford, GM, or the other car makers.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Who do you think is running Saturn :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts