Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's Baaaaaack!

My wait for the Return of the SKY is over.

I was so excited, I posted this on the wrong thread... SORRY!

(Mods, feel free to delete it here.)

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Okay, first of all, I need to be careful here about using the name of a non-supporting vendor's product. But I can say that in my contacts with them they might soon be a supporting vendor, so I think that's pretty cool. Anyway, I got this new exhaust system from a non-supporting vendor so we'll just call it an NSV exhaust, okay?

And, let me say right of the bat, that I don't have the dyno charts yet. I have asked, and I will ask again, but I don't got 'em so I can't post 'em. But what I CAN do is post a few more pictues of close-ups of the tips and the "new hole" to the left side of the fascia - so those are below.

What I can say is: I step on the gas now, and KAPOW! There is a lot more power there. My acceleration is better, such that going pedal to the metal at a light gets me going too quick too quick. It is amazing. And my neck actually has a twinge in it from being snapped back when I punch it now. So, my "Butt Dyno" says "this car is moving a lot better than it was. A LOT better."

The sound is pretty spectacular. When you cruise there is no drone, and no vibration. Accelerate normally and you hear the sound of the car more. Accelerate hard and it SCREAMS. Very impressive sound that snaps all heads to look at the machine that made that sound (as if the SKY needed any reason to snap any more heads.)

I am going to have several SKYs together on June 24th. When I do, I will attempt to record sound clips of this NSV exhaust, another custom cat-back exhaust, and finally a stock exhaust so you can compare.

Overall, when combined with the CAI, I would say this is easily worth a grand or more. It takes a fun car and makes it a ton more fun. I don't think I could ever go back now...

(Yeah, I know the car is dirty. I'll fix that this weekend!)

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hell Yeah!

I'm excited for you man!

NOW LETS POST SOME SOUND CLIPS ASAP!

I am so conflicted with what to do with the exhaust...I'm trying to get as much input from others as possible!

Thanks for the all the updates and info bro! :cool:

·
Super Moderator
11,490 Posts
Looking good. Which antenna is that? I may have to pick one up like it.

I get mine back today too...but I won't have the dual exhaust on it yet...YET. How's she drive with that exhaust and intake?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Now all you need to do is get the ECM tune done and get full potential out of that cai and catback!!

so jealous :willy:

·
Super Moderator
11,490 Posts
ECM Tune from Chris at Vector is not yet available for the Sky. The OS is different from the Sol. I know this because I went to order one on Wednesday and was told I was the first to request one for the Sky.

However, he is currently working on it and should have it available in a couple weeks. :) Can't wait to feel the difference the CAI and Intake make when coupled with that ECM.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Robotech said:
ECM Tune from Chris at Vector is not yet available for the Sky. The OS is different from the Sol. I know this because I went to order one on Wednesday and was told I was the first to request one for the Sky.

However, he is currently working on it and should have it available in a couple weeks. :) Can't wait to feel the difference the CAI and Intake make when coupled with that ECM.
your the first to ask!? wow! I think the vendors would get a little more action if they would become supporting vendors over here. I don't understand why we only 2 vendors at the moment but there are many at the sol forum.

I understand that the majority of sky owners on this forum don't seem as interested in Mods as the sol people but maybe if they made an appearance over here and explained what their products do, they could make a couple of bucks and give us something to spend our money on.

kind of frustrating that I cannot not buy anything except cai at the moment.

do you happen to know the differences in the stock ECM programming between the sol and sky? were the differences performance related?

·
Super Moderator
11,490 Posts
usmc said:
your the first to ask!? wow! I think the vendors would get a little more action if they would become supporting vendors over here. I don't understand why we only 2 vendors at the moment but there are many at the sol forum.

I understand that the majority of sky owners on this forum don't seem as interested in Mods as the sol people but maybe if they made an appearance over here and explained what their products do, they could make a couple of bucks and give us something to spend our money on.

kind of frustrating that I cannot not buy anything except cai at the moment.

do you happen to know the differences in the stock ECM programming between the sol and sky? were the differences performance related?
That's what Chris said, that I was the first to ask about buying a Sky version.

The difference, based on what Chris was saying, was a difference in the Operating System (OS). This required him to go through the programming and make sure he can map everything like he did on the Sol. I don't know the entire story with OS differences between these two cars but he said the process would take a couple weeks. Leads me to believe GM may have changed or added tables from the '06 Sol to the '07 Sky. Don't know if there are any performance differences or not but I doubt it. Chris is speculating that the '07 Sky's OS will be shared with the '07 Sol as well. Reasonable assumption.

As for the number of vendors...keep in mind that our cars have been out for all of, what, Three months? Heck, major companies such as Borla, Eibach, and MagnaFlow are only just now getting cars in to do their prototyping work. You have to give them time. The Grand Prix community has a TON of aftermarket parts (my new engine will have only the crank and con rods stock...everything else is modified or aftermarket) but in the early days just getting a CAI was a major undertaking.

·
Registered
18,109 Posts
love those duals...I am glad u have the silver pearl...it's good to have some transference neurosis...take a look at my rear badging. I think it would add to your appearance...but nothing outbeats the dual exhausts.

Also noticed that these exhausts extend past the fascia...I like that alot...u just convinced me to go with Borla instead of the EOM on redline...

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
marlboromike said:
take a look at my rear badging. I think it would add to your appearance...but nothing outbeats the dual exhausts.

Also noticed that these exhausts extend past the fascia...I like that alot...u just convinced me to go with Borla instead of the EOM on redline...
I think what you've done with the badging is interesting. I'm more of an understatement kind of guy. I will say, though, that if I could get a little chrome logo of the exhaust manufacturer about 2-3 inches across I'd put that on the back of my car just to answer the question from people who know about SKYs "what the HELL is THAT?"

The folks at my favorite non-supporting-vendor will be pleased to hear about your choice of exhaust.

And, I hate to say this because it will make you and others insane... But if you think it looks good, you should hear the sumanabish! :D

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
2 to 3 months for exhaust to come to market

I spoke with the NSV this afternoon and was told that their product based on jdigiant's install will be out for the Sky in 2 to 3 months. That is one sweet lookin' install and combined with the CAI it's got to rock! You are one lucky driver jdigiant:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
marlboromike said:
is the engine pipe to the muffler 2 and one half inches or 3 inches...because OEM is 2 and one half...what is Borla using
Two-and-a-half, all the way back. T304 Stainless.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I wanna hear it. About the time I take delivery, I can make my car sound more ...shall we say...serious...:cheers: I want a little more power, but me and the Redline would be trouble. My insurance agent paled when I said, "This...(Showed him a Sky) with 260 HP..how much?" He assured me I did not want to know.

·
Registered
337 Posts
skywulf said:
I wanna hear it. About the time I take delivery, I can make my car sound more ...shall we say...serious...:cheers: I want a little more power, but me and the Redline would be trouble. My insurance agent paled when I said, "This...(Showed him a Sky) with 260 HP..how much?" He assured me I did not want to know.

I'm not sure what you are getting at Wulf but if you are saying your insurance Agent is saying your Insur. for a 260hp Sky REDLINE is going to be alot that just can't be right.

It doesn't matter what the HP of the car is...it's the price it's valued at and other factors.

My Sky Insur. is costing me $840.00 a year...thats $70.00 a month, full coverage!

The Sky Redline will be $3,000 more...I would estimate the Insur. cost would be around $960.00 a year...thats $80.00 a month...not a big deal what-so-ever.

CK around for your insurance man. :cool:

If I misunderstood you, I'm sorry

1 - 20 of 31 Posts