Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My car review:

Can't post pictures but I can tell you about the car: I got the call last week and headed out to the dealership: I was so worried about the color and was flip flopping up to the last minute...but like I said before it's not the color it's the car that makes it look so good! As soon as my wife and I got out of the car we could see it sitting there. SILVER PEARL and glistening chrome wheels! It looked great! Better than I expected. I rushed in and the sales person flew through the paper work (I must have had a look like...lets go!) and walked me through the car features. It was neat to see how the ONSTAR worked and the hands free dialing functioned. My sales guy had a new SKY shirt and a baseball cap for me and some flowers for my wife (class act). I waved goodbye to everybody that dealt with me at Saturn of Lakeside and took off.

FIRST SONG: KIDROCK LIVE: BAWITABA!

The car is amazing! The interior does have some hard plastic but it is a perfect blend from the leather to the chrome accents in the car. All the car controls are within a comfortable reach, if you have the stick they put the volume control in a perfect position. While resting your hand on the stick you can easily extend you fingers and adjust the volume or jump to the steering wheel radio controls and perform the same task. The drivers seat feels like my old baseball glove, it was just made for me! The leather is soft and smooth, not hard and stiff. The interior has a classy look to it nice looking displays and trim that matches the rich-looking exterior.

The drive is tight and handles like a dream. There is plenty of speed in this car, yes more HP would be nice, but this is plenty for me! The manual stick is short and a riot to drive and I hear no clunking between any gears. Near my house I went around curves I never would have attempted in my dodge ram. Hugged every corner and was smooth down the road. Even roads that are brutal on my wives grand prix the Sky drove through them like butter. I am very pleased with the comfort of this car.

On the drive home I snapped more necks than the local chiropractor. People would stop and stare and give thumbs up, while others would as "is that really a Saturn"? I rushed home and had the neighbors (22-25yr olds) playing basketball stop in the middle of their game and walk over (remember this is a tough age group to impress). These guys were floored by the car and couldn't get over how good the silver pearl looked with the 18-inch chrome wheels! They fought to sit in the seat and listen to the Monsoon system and referred to the car as a baby VETTE. They took pics of the car with their camera phones and were sending them to friends on the spot. Two guys since then have gone up to the same dealership and requested brochures.

I have read the car's manual and am trying to abide by the break-in requirement of not exceeding 70MPH for the first 500 miles! I did put in the high-octane fuel and try to take it easy on her...but it is tough!

Overall this is way better than I expected for the amount of money I spent! If you were still questioning a color don't sweat it! Your friends and neighbors will only see it in one color...Green with envy

·
Registered
277 Posts
I am loving my car as well. Arrived just in time for some nice weather here in the D.C. area.

I do have one question. In your driving the manual, has your right elbow opened the cup holder while shifting? I have long arms, and my elbow will sometimes open the cup holder. Sounds sort of silly, but it happens. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Stu's Sky said:
I am loving my car as well. Arrived just in time for some nice weather here in the D.C. area.

I do have one question. In your driving the manual, has your right elbow opened the cup holder while shifting? I have long arms, and my elbow will sometimes open the cup holder. Sounds sort of silly, but it happens. :banghead:
Stu-- I agrree. ALL THE TIME, I hop in and im like "what the?" and the drink holder is sticking out. Maybe its just something we will learn to be more conscious of in due time.

I plan to offer a review of mine soon also, pointing out any of the things I am curious if others have noticed and see what else people love about the car.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks, glad I am not the only one. :cheers:

Would be interested in reading your review. I may do the same once I get some miles on the car. It is not my primary ride, and only have 178 miles on it to date.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stu's Sky said:

I don't think so...but I have noticed it open before, but thoght the kids may have done it? Something to look for...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yesterday, when I was test driving the SKY I bumped the cup holder in the center console and it popped out, too!

·
Registered
80 Posts
For those of you with the manual...

Is there a door lock/unlock button on the inside of the car. I test drove the auto and the doors locked when you put it in drive and the doors unlocked when you put it in park. How do you lock and unlock the doors with the manual?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
virginiasky said:

Is there a door lock/unlock button on the inside of the car. I test drove the auto and the doors locked when you put it in drive and the doors unlocked when you put it in park. How do you lock and unlock the doors with the manual?
Same way...put into drive...they lock and I'm not sure how, but they unlock when I get out? I have to watch for that too!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have done that several times in my SKY with the cup holder. It's kind of a pain. I still haven't gotten the SKY manual. The dealership gave me a Solstice manual until it comes in. Saturn in Clarkston, Michigan just received their 2nd SKY....all black..just like mine.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
virginiasky said:

There is not a button in the car -- HOWEVER... you can set the car to unlock when you put in park, take the keys out, ect... the default is to never unlock until you actually press the unlock button.

If you need the door unlocked you can just use the key fob too.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Stu's Sky said:
I have long arms, and my elbow will sometimes open the cup holder. Sounds sort of silly, but it happens. :banghead:
Aha! I knew there had to be an easier way to open it than the ol' lefty reacharound! Not that I don't enjoy a good reacharound...

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
Short arms here, so no problems with the cupholder:D . 715 wonderful miles on my baby now (daily driver until I get a clunker to drive in bad weather). But the weather is BEAUTIFUL-screams for a top-down drive-anybody need something from the store??? :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts