Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently, Lou the visor guy went out on the town the night before my car got to him. I just noticed today that my visors don't sit neatly in the indentations where they're supposed to. It looked almost like they were each installed on the wrong side. I vaguely remembered this thread, so I came in and did a quick search. Well guess what! My little baby that I obsess over so much was in fact the victim of Lou's detoxification. Maybe he was out that night with Agnes, who didn't attach the wheel wells and side marker lights correctly, and Steve, the idiot that screwed up my paint. Lord, I hope I don't find out one day that the ABS guy and the airbag guy went with them! Do I need to go down to Delaware for a mass intervention, or what? I'm sure it's not easy, but just how hard is it to put a car together right?

My first instinct was to just set the freaking thing on fire. I took a few pics instead. Sorry they're shaky. I was (am) apoplectic.

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
reedred said:
Apparently, Lou the visor guy went out on the town the night before my car got to him. I just noticed today that my visors don't sit neatly in the indentations where they're supposed to. It looked almost like they were each installed on the wrong side.
From their position in the photos and what I have seen they are on the wrong side. The Vanity mirror should be on the drivers side.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
At this point I think I would rather have a Redline to complain about than to have no Redline at all. Hopefully, after a quidzillion months (only a few more days than it probably will be:brentil: ) it will have been built right.

Guess what? I am a Snap-On tools dealer and I ordered my Redline at the Saturn dealership that I service on Fridays :eek: . They are probably going to all draw straws whenever the car comes in :willy: . And if the short straw screws up my car I will repo all of his tools!!!!!!!!!!!!:jester: :jester: :jester:

·
Registered
138 Posts
reedred said:
Apparently, Lou the visor guy went out on the town the night before my car got to him. I just noticed today that my visors don't sit neatly in the indentations where they're supposed to. It looked almost like they were each installed on the wrong side. I vaguely remembered this thread, so I came in and did a quick search. Well guess what! My little baby that I obsess over so much was in fact the victim of Lou's detoxification. Maybe he was out that night with Agnes, who didn't attach the wheel wells and side marker lights correctly, and Steve, the idiot that screwed up my paint. Lord, I hope I don't find out one day that the ABS guy and the airbag guy went with them! Do I need to go down to Delaware for a mass intervention, or what? I'm sure it's not easy, but just how hard is it to put a car together right?

My first instinct was to just set the freaking thing on fire. I took a few pics instead. Sorry they're shaky. I was (am) apoplectic.
Yup, it's quite obvious your visors are on the wrong sides. This is unbeliveable.

I share your sentiments and I'm quite sure I had the same inept crew put my car together. They must have sobered up when they installed my visors. They seem okay.

Then it looks like they had another all night party when working on my car. They proved this by mis-aligment evidence on my side markers also. After a few more drinks, they thought they could install my hood and trunk. They are both very much out of alignment.

On a serious note, after some of the pictures I've seen posted here, and if you look real close at your vehicle, the majority of you may see some problems with the trunk being out of line.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yup, wrong side...

WOW...Unbelievable! I can't believe the dealer didn't catch this before you took delivery? My car was (is) perfect but for a scratch on the left rear taillight and wet carpeting on the driver side. Dealer to fix. I dried the floor and am still waiting for the light since 6/28 delivery. Maybe Lou installed your visors, passed out in my car, and left the window open when he woke up?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
21iwin said:
On a serious note, after some of the pictures I've seen posted here, and if you look real close at your vehicle, the majority of you may see some problems with the trunk being out of line.

Yep...I have one of those "out of line" trunk lids. And apparently, I wasn't the only one to notice it either (which was rather embarrassing to say the least)...as an inquisitive person in a parking lot saw my car and approached me to ask some questions...he then pointed out that my trunk "didn't look right". :banghead: Ummmm...yeah, tell me something I don't know. :rolleyes:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
My wife would be happy to have the car delivered that way. I don't use the mirror and she wants one.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have written on this web site before about the lack of QC checks on these cars. They rush them out to the dealers with out going through any QC checks. So, even if someone was drunk and placed the visors on the wrong side, why wasn't it found during any kind of QC check after it rolled off the line? Same for the rear wheel well rubbing issue, trunk molding issue, misaligned body panels, etc.

I attended a management seminar for my job last year. The case study topic was comparing the QC that GM follows vs the QC that Toyota follows at their assembly plants. They are run very differently. Lets say this, not good press for GM. Would love to know how many Toyotas are delivered to the dealers with visors on the wrong side?

I still own my Sky and do have fun with it. But, it bothers me deeply the lack of QC on these cars. :banghead:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Joe Perry said:
Driver side door pad has a gap where the door open lever is i had to order a new part twice ....anyone have the same situation?????

Does it look like this? I was told that the gap was normal...however I believe that they may have looked at the door gap. When I take my car in next time I will red-tag each item.

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
What you didn't get is a "Wednesday" Car now the sailors who are out there will corraborate what I am going to tell you:
Monday consruction at the factory is notorious because everyone is still hung over from the week-end and Tuesday is basically a wash as they get chewed out for what the gooned up the day before.
Wednesday they are actually concentrating because they are under the watchful eye of the line supervisors.
Thursday they start to slip a little because the line supes are congratulating themselves for the previous day.
Friday the focus is on how fast they can get out of the city before the traffic gets heavy so they really wouldn't know a 9/16th wrench from a snowmobile!
Looks like that's not a Wednesday Car Bud!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
StarlightSky said:
What you didn't get is a "Wednesday" Car now the sailors who are out there will corraborate what I am going to tell you:
Monday consruction at the factory is notorious because everyone is still hung over from the week-end and Tuesday is basically a wash as they get chewed out for what the gooned up the day before.
Wednesday they are actually concentrating because they are under the watchful eye of the line supervisors.
Thursday they start to slip a little because the line supes are congratulating themselves for the previous day.
Friday the focus is on how fast they can get out of the city before the traffic gets heavy so they really wouldn't know a 9/16th wrench from a snowmobile!
Looks like that's not a Wednesday Car Bud!
Yeppers! I heard that to be true.......wed are Better! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
692 Posts
HEE-Hee Just kiddin' friend. The bugs will work themsleves outs, but take it back to your delership and complain a little, the squaeky wheel gets the grease you know..

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
StarlightSky said:
HEE-Hee Just kiddin' friend. The bugs will work themsleves outs, but take it back to your delership and complain a little, the squaeky wheel gets the grease you know..
I know. I'm feeling better about it now. I was just kinda pissed yesterday. The important stuff all works (as far as I know), but if I ever do meet Lou, I may have a few chioce words for him...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Didn't have the visor issue but Saturn dealership did realign my exterior panels to spec. will have to check the door

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Stu's Sky said:
I have written on this web site before about the lack of QC checks on these cars. They rush them out to the dealers with out going through any QC checks. So, even if someone was drunk and placed the visors on the wrong side, why wasn't it found during any kind of QC check after it rolled off the line? Same for the rear wheel well rubbing issue, trunk molding issue, misaligned body panels, etc.

I attended a management seminar for my job last year. The case study topic was comparing the QC that GM follows vs the QC that Toyota follows at their assembly plants. They are run very differently. Lets say this, not good press for GM. Would love to know how many Toyotas are delivered to the dealers with visors on the wrong side?

I still own my Sky and do have fun with it. But, it bothers me deeply the lack of QC on these cars. :banghead:
And yet Toyota quality is rated far lower than Saturn???

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
PieintheSky said:
Does it look like this? I was told that the gap was normal...however I believe that they may have looked at the door gap. When I take my car in next time I will red-tag each item.
That is definitely not the way it should look. I can make mine look just like that by pulling the panel out a bit, but if you push on it, it should snap right back into the correct position.

·
Registered
138 Posts
ggccg said:
That is definitely not the way it should look. I can make mine look just like that by pulling the panel out a bit, but if you push on it, it should snap right back into the correct position.
Just checked mine and I have the same thing.

It will push into the proper position but, as soon as I release the pressure of my thumb, it falls right back down. Cheap glue again?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
21iwin said:
Just checked mine and I have the same thing.

It will push into the proper position but, as soon as I release the pressure of my thumb, it falls right back down. Cheap glue again?
Probably a broken or deformed gripper. There is a distinct snap when I press mine back into position.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts