Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK -- maybe not -- but the Motor week TV show (which gave a good review of the Saturn SKY) used a Yellow one for their drive test..:driving:..
I sat and drooled:drool:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
OK -- maybe not -- but the Motor week TV show (which gave a good review of the Saturn SKY) used a Yellow one for their drive test..:driving:..
I sat and drooled:drool:
We watched, too. Looks fantastic in motion!!!! What an eye catcher.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Looks great Rick

That is a awesome color, but then again they all are. The one only one I've seen in person that I didn't like was the Green, didn't look at all like pictures.
I can't wait to see yours in person.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Eye on Sky said:
That is a awesome color, but then again they all are. The one only one I've seen in person that I didn't like was the Green, didn't look at all like pictures.
I can't wait to see yours in person.
I made a call....they said they would get your car returned pronto!..hope it helps:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
number 1715 is in

VIN#1715 arrived in Des Moines,Ia today.
its yellow and it is beatiful, had the air intake installed today, will have car ready on MONDAY:)

1.put deposit down 8-10-05
2.image 3-22-06
3.arrived 5-13-06
4. take delivery 5-15-06

took it for test ride today:thumbs: :thumbs:

the dealership in Des Moines has been awesome, said our car 3rd to be delivered.

·
Registered
191 Posts
twopatels said:
why are all the major magazines and tv shows featuring the yellow one?
They did the same with the Sol, primarly the red was used, now I like the red, since I have one, but all the colors for both cars are sharp. Magazines seem to prefer the 'stand out and look at me' colors :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I read 1 or two reviews that said -- You must get this car in Black, Red or Yellow to truely enjoy the lines, trim and chrome...
I think those colors do make the car look its best.
That said -- I was talking to my wife early on in this journey and when I was wondering if I would get a choice, I did tell her that there was no one color that the SKY looked bad in. None would be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Fyi

If any Chicago area forum members didn't catch the Motorweek episode with the SKY...it will be on TODAY -- SUNDAY at 2pm on Comcast channel 20!:thumbs:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Here I have been waiting for a month for the episode to air in Toledo and I made the kids turn from the cartoons at 10am so I could watch MotorWeek...and they didn't show the episode! At the end, the promo for NEXT Saturday said they were going to show the Sky.

Hate it when that happens.:banghead:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I read 1 or two reviews that said -- You must get this car in Black, Red or Yellow to truely enjoy the lines, trim and chrome...
I think those colors do make the car look its best.
That said -- I was talking to my wife early on in this journey and when I was wondering if I would get a choice, I did tell her that there was no one color that the SKY looked bad in. None would be a deal breaker.
:nono: I disagree, green is the best color for the Sky. :thumbs: However, it was a good show.

·
Registered
422 Posts
TexSon said:
:nono: I disagree, green is the best color for the Sky. :thumbs: However, it was a good show.
:agree:
Green was also my choice combined with the tan and IMO black top. But besides the problem they won't deliver the "tan leather/black" combination top, I just noticed in the Opel Spec Sheet they only offer seven colours in Germany :banghead: .
Green and white are not offered over here, maybe this was influenced by the US sales, these colours have the lowest sales in Sols & Skies.

Anyway have to find a new colour but which should I choose :willy:
Just got a little time, earliest delivery spring 2007.

·
Registered
266 Posts
C20LET_50 said:
Green was also my choice combined with the tan and IMO black top. But besides the problem they won't deliver the "tan leather/black" combination top, I just noticed in the Opel Spec Sheet they only offer seven colours in Germany :banghead: .
Green and white are not offered over here, maybe this was influenced by the US sales, these colours have the lowest sales in Sols & Skies.

I am also in love with the tan on green...but I am taking delivery of tan on black to speed things along..I hope the second choice in color will not dampen our love for the cars...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
75 Posts
C20LET_50 said:

Yes Yes Yes...finally someone with great taste! My favorite combo was a Green Saturn with tan interior and black top, but unfortunately they won't make it like that. :confused: I wasn't too thrilled with the tan top/interior together....somehow IMO after seeing it in person they didn't match well. I opted for Midnight Blue and black/black.

·
Registered
422 Posts
futureskyowner said:
Yes Yes Yes...finally someone with great taste! My favorite combo was a Green Saturn with tan interior and black top, but unfortunately they won't make it like that. :confused: I wasn't too thrilled with the tan top/interior together....somehow IMO after seeing it in person they didn't match well. I opted for Midnight Blue and black/black.
The Midnight Blue / black/black is also a great looking colour combination. I think the blue has a little more metallic blinking in the sunlight.
But back to the green, didn't you think the possibility to order green/tan/tan first and then replace the tan top with a black one should have been an opportunity for you? Don't know the price for the top as a spare part but you could sell the nearly new tan top so you have to count only the difference in costs.
Not possible here in Germany, no Green cars delivered but I could do the same with the Midnight Blue :confused:

and for java43

Don't think going to the second choice in colour will influence our feelings for the car, this car looks great in nearly every colour :thumbs:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts