Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first looked at the Sky the dealer stated he the largest Saturn dealer in the S.E. & with the higest customer rating. Well! while there today i asked the G.M. if they were the bigest and best why did thay not have or had any R/L. He replied they are not out yet??? I replied, There are several owners on the Skyroadster forum that have them. He wanted to argue and so did I! He said he just came back from a southeast dealer sales meeting and there were 140+ dealers there and NONE of them had received any R/L.
SO!!! How about the R/L owners in the S.E. (N.C., S.C., Ga.,Al., & Fl.) replying WHEN & WHERE (city & state) you got your R/L.

I assume because he did not know about this forum he wasn't too up todate on what was happening or just blowing me off.

NOW
ya justa got to hate that.:brentil: :boxing:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
One of the salespeople at my local Dealership said the same thing when I went to put a deposit down on a Redline..He even went as far as to say that anyone who said they had a R/L had put redline badges on a base Sky to fool everyone.I took the high road and left him to remain clueless:rolleyes: I was in too much of a good mood to argue with him. I knew better:D

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
you do realize we are talking about car salesmen....they are douche bags by nature:D
HEY HEY HEY
I will fight you...then take some of your FINE ass chicas!!! ha ha ha

I guess I am a douche bag...but I make GREAT money!...SUCKERS :lol:

:cheers:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Please post his email adress. Those of us who have them can send him pics. That idiot should be fired/demoted. When I hear reports such as this, it really pisses me off. :mad: ......Better yet send him this photo. I got mine from Saturn Of Port Richey Fl 9-22-06

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
HEY HEY HEY

Are you a Saturn Salesman or do you work at a Dealership that also sells Saturn's?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Are you a Saturn Salesman or do you work at a Dealership that also sells Saturn's?
It is a Saturn Dealership...but I am on the used side and sell pretty much everything. I am actually the special finance guy. I help out people with bad credit. I love my job...sometimes it is a little stressful but most times it is just making friends and money.

·
Registered
290 Posts
HEY HEY HEY

You would admit then that from time to time you mislead people to sell a car, correct?

·
Registered
304 Posts
It is conceivable that certain areas of the country do not have R/Ls yet. Similar discussion surrounds the GXPs. They have to send teh first ones somewhere and to a northyern boy where it has alrady snowed it makes some sense to get some in teh hands of owners whose summer is almost over while they can drive them, rather than deliver to snowed in Cleveland-Erie-Buffalo in Jan-Mar when it is still top-down weather in the SE and SW.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't know about the SE, but I sat in one in California.

When I first looked at the Sky the dealer stated he the largest Saturn dealer in the S.E. & with the higest customer rating. Well! while there today i asked the G.M. if they were the bigest and best why did thay not have or had any R/L. He replied they are not out yet??? I replied, There are several owners on the Skyroadster forum that have them. He wanted to argue and so did I! He said he just came back from a southeast dealer sales meeting and there were 140+ dealers there and NONE of them had received any R/L.
SO!!! How about the R/L owners in the S.E. (N.C., S.C., Ga.,Al., & Fl.) replying WHEN & WHERE (city & state) you got your R/L.

I assume because he did not know about this forum he wasn't too up todate on what was happening or just blowing me off.

NOW
ya justa got to hate that.:brentil: :boxing:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
< taking off the moderator's hat and putting on the salesperson's hat >

Please remember that not all car salespersons are bad. That is the ever-lasting stereotype... :nono:

When you look at Saturn as a brand, salespeople there are very much the opposite of this stereotype (the majority).

Remember that some of this horrible salespeople keep you informed here (me and a few others).

Believe me, I have thick skin when it comes to this topic, but I dislike seeing how people jump to a wide generalization of all car salespeople. In this case it was a manager and not even a salesperson...

< Moderator's hat is back on... >

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
994 Posts
< taking off the moderator's hat and putting on the salesperson's hat >

Please remember that not all car salespersons are bad. That is the ever-lasting stereotype... :nono:

When you look at Saturn as a brand, salespeople there are very much the opposite of this stereotype (the majority).

Remember that some of this horrible salespeople keep you informed here (me and a few others).

Believe me, I have thick skin when it comes to this topic, but I dislike seeing how people jump to a wide generalization of all car salespeople. In this case it was a manager and not even a salesperson...

< Moderator's hat is back on... >

Regards,

BA...

We love our Saturn salesman so much we went back to order the Sky from him. I sent him little post cards every month as a reminder we were still out there waiting. One was from our cruise saying we went on vacation because we couldn't drive our Sky. We felt truely guilty when we found our Sky in New York and snagged it and then went back to cancel our order and get a deposit refund. I have dealt with traditional dealers and have walked away feeling soiled. Never felt that way at a Saturn dealer. Maybe it's there no haggle pricing.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
My favorite "Car Sales Manager"

Fargo

There not really all alike​

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have purchased over 100 new cars and trucks in my lifetime and only one time did I come away with a really bad impression of a salesman and a dealership. Most salesmen are pretty professional and knowledgable. It was a Lincoln dealership about 1985. I test drove a new Lincoln and they test drove my trade in. Then they refused to give me my keys back, until I began shouting obsentaties at the top of my lungs in the showroom. It seems to me that more high pressure was common back in the sixties and seventies. I think the new car sales follow up questionaires from the manufactures have a lot to do with it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mine should be in any day. It's taking a scenic tour down from Delaware to Tampa. OTOH, I talked to a bunch of the salespersons at every Saturn dealership down here about a month ago and they were swearing the same thing. They told me they didn't believe me that it was on it's way. (And actually they were right, it got caught in the shut down just before it left the factory). It does make you wonder a bit when the sales people don't know about what I would believe would be the hottest car by far in the company's history...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts