Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told my dealer today that I had not heard of any dealers commonly charging a$10,000 mark-up. In fact, reading these posts there are many dealers charging MSRP. I'm waiting for Saturn of Elk Grove to call me back to confirm their pricing - crossing fingers that they aren't going to follow through on hints that they will indeed charge way over MRSP.

·
Registered
120 Posts
redkeygunsky

They won't sell any for $10,000 over sticker. Look around for a dealer selling at msrp.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Sounds like one of those little white lies some sales people tell to get you motivated! We have heard of dealerships selling over MSRP but not by nearly that much.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Even the Solstices didn't sell for that over sticker. Not EVEN on E-bay, no matter what the dealer is telling you.

"...and I want a toilet made of gold, baby, but it's not in the cards, is it?..."

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
SkyHope said:
I told my dealer today that I had not heard of any dealers commonly charging a$10,000 mark-up. In fact, reading these posts there are many dealers charging MSRP. I'm waiting for Saturn of Elk Grove to call me back to confirm their pricing - crossing fingers that they aren't going to follow through on hints that they will indeed charge way over MRSP.
come on out to vacaville fairfield or Santa rosa.

the same guy owns all 3 and is selling at msrp. if you need more info PM me.

2 hour drive is worth saving 10K!! its even worth saving 1k!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
SkyHope said:
You can drive to a lot of dealerships for that amount of money:willy:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Tell him to put the crack pipe down!:lol:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Sounds like he's just trying to make what ever deal he does offer you sound good. Tell him MSRP or BUST!:thumbs:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
rick112 said:
Sounds like he's just trying to make what ever deal he does offer you sound good. Tell him MSRP or BUST!:thumbs:
Your theory matches mine. And yes, I am sure I heard the $10,000 correctly (dealer's rep repeated it several times in our conversation). I'll know where we stand when I get my promised call back. (I'm not going to shoot the messenger as he is only doing owner's bidding). The irony is we'd be great buyers for this dealer. We will promote our relationship with our eventual Sky dealer. We aren't looking for a bargain... want a Sky with all the bells and whistles and are willing to add extended warranty, so dealer will make tidy sum on us. We'd be returning for all our service from here on out. We've been on Elk Grove's list since November with a $500 deposit, so in my mind we've already established our loyalty. I reminded my contact of that today. Thanks to everyone posting today and in past threads. You all contributed to me not freaking out today. Maybe I'll be demoralized tomorrow, but I think that the perspective you all contribute will see us through! Many, many thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
SkyHope said:
OMG must be a typo??? if not come to MA for sticker price only:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I know the forum software is going to censor this, but that dealer is full of ****.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm getting a bit worn out not knowing for certain where we stand with respect to dealer's Sky pricing policy. Still waiting for Elk Grove to let me know our final status. Each day I'm told that they are working on resolution. I believe dealer just got a couple of images. The #1 on list dropped out, so we're now up to #2. That's great news if we can get the price resolved. Wow, what a ride and we haven't ordered yet!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
ggccg said:
Find another dealer, even if you have to drive for hours.
better yet... HOP A PLANE.:thumbs: ..... and drive your baby back home... SkyBaby-07

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
$10K goes a long way and can take you a long way! No matter where you get the car, they have to service it, and every time you do you rub in the fact they lost another sale for being @$$#0!&$:lol:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
A few minutes ago I put in a call to the owner direct (rats, got his voice mail). Left request to call me NOW so we can resolve where we stand. Limbo sucks.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OMG - a happy ending! Our owner called and explained where he is coming from and apologized for the delay in getting back to us. Communication lines are now cleared so I can deliver on my promise to get my husband the car of his dreams :angel: Saturn of Elk Grove has a great staff and have made even being on the Sky list fun. Next up, party time when we actually get an image and order going! Phew :cool:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
SkyHope said:
OMG - a happy ending! Our owner called and explained where he is coming from and apologized for the delay in getting back to us. Communication lines are now cleared so I can deliver on my promise to get my husband the car of his dreams :angel: Saturn of Elk Grove has a great staff and have made even being on the Sky list fun. Next up, party time when we actually get an image and order going! Phew :cool:
So that means they are selling at MSRP?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts