Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok, here it goes.....:rant: ...I ve been in contact with the sales mgr, Well here's a bunch of crap. Listen to this. They emailed me I would be the second order in August because there only allocated 2 per month. Well after todays email I found out there is 2 people in front of me. WELL WELL A GHOST JUMP IN FRONT OF THE LINE OR WAS IT A FRIEND OF THE DEALERSHIP!!
At any rate now my email states, that we anticipate 3 orders to place in August but that is not set in stone , and there are 2 people in front of you!!(I WAS TOLD I WAS SECOND IN THE EARLIER EMAIL) HUMMM:brentil: .....And so they continue..... if we only place 2 orders in August you will have to wait until sept!!

Well guess what tomorrow I am marching in that dealership with the email in hand and plan on talking to the general mrg, whom I met briefly. And then I percede to call: Saturn Customer Service, Better Business Bureau, and channel 2.
Some one is screwing with me and guess what I don't like it..

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
How did they explain the previous email? Do you still have it? Does that constitute having it in writing?

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
If this doesn't have an acceptable explaination, once you get one, you might want to consider
calling every dealer within few hours drive to see what your options are.
If deposits are explicitly refundable, you may even want to take out a safety bet just in case.
First dealer with an image in your name, with a deal in writing for what you'll accept in terms of market adjustments and add-ons gets your business.

Maybe this is just a misunderstanding. Maybe it's explainable to your satisfaction.
Don't jump to conclusions until you get the facts.
At the same time, I personally would rather have things in writing and covered elsewhere.
An email isn't going to cut it for a hard commitment. Not that a signed piece of paper is ironclad,
but better to have something signed by a sales manager or general manager than nothing.

Trust but verify....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've noticed a Black Sky at my dealership for about a week. They use to have a yellow demo, so I'm guessing that they sold the yellow demo and now have a black demo or have an extra Sky for sale on the lot. Mind you I'm guessing here, but give them a call. They were nice to me. Saturn of Kalamazoo. Good luck and sorry to hear about the "stories".

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Ah oooo, They dun got Mrs. V. angry. Watch out dealership. Mrs. V., do yas need my dogs ta chew a leg off.....Just ask...Skip....:) :brentil:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Skip said:
Ah oooo, They dun got Mrs. V. angry. Watch out dealership. Mrs. V., do yas need my dogs ta chew a leg off.....Just ask...Skip....:) :brentil:
I think Mrs. Viper can chew the legs off that guy on her own, and faster than your girls! ooooooo-weeee!

·
Registered
432 Posts
....maybe Fartblossom could do something else if the chewing doesn't work?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
twirp said:
MrsViper, Chill out. Is there a simple explanation for this situation, like maybe they fell 1 order behind last month? It sucks to not get what is promised but the sad facts are you can get as PO'd as you want but they will still sell the Sky to the next person that walks through the door. Its not like you dont have an awesome enough car to be cruising around in already, much less a pick of them. If it makes you feel better to rant go for it as most of us have at some point. Heck we were told last October we would be getting ours in March of this year, March turned to May! By the way I do know the person who jumped in line in front of you, he's my new avatar.Good luck whatever you decide.
TWIRP with all due respect....stop so I have a viper or two. please don't judge me......come on honey, :mad: :mad: its all about customer service NOT what a person has...stop!!!:mad:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Twirp be nice...Skip...:cool: :)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Remember Mrs. V. iffen you give them a piece of your mind you still got more mind than them....Skip...:brentil: :D :) :brentil: Ream them darlin and tell us what happens...

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
twirp said:
MrsViper, Chill out. Is there a simple explanation for this situation, like maybe they fell 1 order behind last month? It sucks to not get what is promised but the sad facts are you can get as PO'd as you want but they will still sell the Sky to the next person that walks through the door. Its not like you dont have an awesome enough car to be cruising around in already, much less a pick of them. If it makes you feel better to rant go for it as most of us have at some point. Heck we were told last October we would be getting ours in March of this year, March turned to May! By the way I do know the person who jumped in line in front of you, he's my new avatar.Good luck whatever you decide.
It doesn't matter if she has 3 vetts and 2 vipers and 1 boxster ! She was second in line and now she's third. To me this is BS ! The dealerships should be truthful. And most aren't. They add on options that you don't want and say take it or leave it. I don't even know if this is legal ,of course if you sighn the paper swithout reading it that would be your own falt and would probably be legal.

What this dealership is doing is unacceptable unless there was a constraint like there was on manuals and they got an allocation for only an automatic and someone behind her moved up with an automatic order and got put in front. This is the ONLY way it could happen or they let one of their buddys in the front of the line. I would be PI**** too.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Mrs. Viper.......Go and GET EM!

This is not cool....you are a good person and the dealerships behavior is unacceptable....

ps.... pm me and I can check my dealership again......a road trip to minnesota would be fun....and maybe a new Sky!.......but I know that you also want to fight for what is right.....If there are superheroes around here..... its people like you...fighting the good fight!......lol Chris and Diana......:thumbs:

·
Registered
188 Posts
MRSVIPER said:
ok, here it goes.....:rant: ...I ve been in contact with the sales mgr, J. Ludwick. Well here's a bunch of crap. Listen to this. They emailed me I would be the second order in August because there only allocated 2 per month. Well after todays email I found out there is 2 people in front of me. WELL WELL A GHOST JUMP IN FRONT OF THE LINE OR WAS IT A FRIEND OF THE DEALERSHIP!!
At any rate now my email states, that we anticipate 3 orders to place in August but that is not set in stone , and there are 2 people in front of you!!(I WAS TOLD I WAS SECOND IN THE EARLIER EMAIL) HUMMM:brentil: .....And so they continue..... if we only place 2 orders in August you will have to wait until sept!!

Well guess what tomorrow I am marching in that dealership with the email in hand and plan on talking to the general mrg, whom I met briefly. And then I percede to call: Saturn Customer Service, Better Business Bureau, and channel 2.

A deal is a deal give'm hell (or at least get some "free" options put on your ride due to their error)

·
Registered
59 Posts
MRSVIPER said:
ok, here it goes.....:rant: ...I ve been in contact with the sales mgr, J. Ludwick. Well here's a bunch of crap. Listen to this. They emailed me I would be the second order in August because there only allocated 2 per month. Well after todays email I found out there is 2 people in front of me. WELL WELL A GHOST JUMP IN FRONT OF THE LINE OR WAS IT A FRIEND OF THE DEALERSHIP!!

Sorry to hear about your troubles with Southfield. If you're interested, the exact car you want, minus the red leather, is on ebay right now. The seller is from Lapeer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Satu...ategoryZ6382QQihZ013QQitemZ230016511735QQrdZ1

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
deluke said:
It doesn't matter if she has 3 vetts and 2 vipers and 1 boxster ! She was second in line and now she's third. To me this is BS ! The dealerships should be truthful. And most aren't. They add on options that you don't want and say take it or leave it. I don't even know if this is legal ,of course if you sighn the paper swithout reading it that would be your own falt and would probably be legal.

What this dealership is doing is unacceptable unless there was a constraint like there was on manuals and they got an allocation for only an automatic and someone behind her moved up with an automatic order and got put in front. This is the ONLY way it could happen or they let one of their buddys in the front of the line. I would be PI**** too.
==================================

I so AGREE :agree: :agree: :agree:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts