Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My three cars have still not sold. It looks like my dream of a SKY are about to be dashed to the ground and discarded into the trash bin with most of my other dreams. I can not afford the car without selling my others.

It looks like I will have to call the dealership and let them know that they can have my yellow redline w/ automatic and monsoon, because I can't afford it.

I was #3 on my dealers list when they first started to take the orders, and I have the order # for the car. I am so depressed.

·
Registered
540 Posts
drbob said:
My three cars have still not sold. It looks like my dream of a SKY are about to be dashed to the ground and discarded into the trash bin with most of my other dreams. I can not afford the car without selling my others.

It looks like I will have to call the dealership and let them know that they can have my yellow redline w/ automatic and monsoon, because I can't afford it.

I was #3 on my dealers list when they first started to take the orders, and I have the order # for the car. I am so depressed.
Dr. Bob, chin up man! your cars are intended for a very specific market. Get off your hiney and market those cars NOW ! Are your prices reasonable ?? checked the blue book values ???? Advertised online ???? tried Ebay ???? Lets get going mister or your Sky will be somebody elses Sky. Go find some people that want convertibles. heck its summer, perfect time to sell a convertible.:thumbs:

·
Registered
453 Posts
don't give up the dream yet

drbob said:

Hey, why you giving up so soon? Isn't still going to be awhile before the R/L is even ready to buy? I think you should still have time to sell your cars? Guys, Ladies what do you think?
Theresa

·
Registered
478 Posts
Do this... Keep the order and if you really can't take delivery, sell the option to someone else! :cheers:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just won the lottery and I'll buy all of them!! Sorry just kidding! Hang in there, amazing things can happen.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Too bad you're not selling a good winter vehicle, I need to buy one of those.

·
Registered
246 Posts
drbob said:

2005 PT Cruiser Convertible
2001 Audi A4 1.8T Q
1999 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible
1994 Mercury Capri Convertible
1993 Mercury Capri Convertible
2 Cats (Spike/Spaz) 1 dog (Sensu)
Sell the two cats and the dog! :D

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
drbob said:

Did you take your cars to carmax ??? Have you gone back to see if you can get the trade in amount increased ? Take the printout from Kbb or edmonds with the trade value on it. Does you state adjust for the sales tax when you trade in a car ? What year car and what's in the car ???

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
belletire said:
Too bad you're not selling a good winter vehicle, I need to buy one of those.
Audi A4 w/quattro 2001 w/42000 miles 14,500

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
deluke said:
Did you take your cars to carmax ??? Have you gone back to see if you can get the trade in amount increased ? Take the printout from Kbb or edmonds with the trade value on it. Does you state adjust for the sales tax when you trade in a car ? What year car and what's in the car ???
we don't have a carmax around here. Yes the state does adjust for trade in's. 05 PT Cruiser convertible w/11500 dealer only going to give me 13000 trade in, I owe 15, and wanted 17500.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
drbob said:
we don't have a carmax around here. Yes the state does adjust for trade in's. 05 PT Cruiser convertible w/11500 dealer only going to give me 13000 trade in, I owe 15, and wanted 17500.
I don't know what you have in the car so I put some items that I think and your dealer is right in line with trade value. The problem is there are so many PT Cruisers.Go to Kelly blue bood and add what ever you have that I didn't put on. I didn't know if it was a touring or turbo ect.

Vehicle Details Change Equipment
Engine: 4-Cyl. 2.4 Liter
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: FWD
Mileage: 11,500
Selected Standard Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
AM/FM Stereo Cassette
Dual Front Air Bags
Selected Optional Equipment
Single Compact Disc Leather Power Seat

Blue Book Trade-In Value
Trade-in Value is what consumers can expect to receive from a dealer for a trade-in vehicle assuming an accurate appraisal of condition. This value will likely be less than the Private Party Value because the reselling dealer incurs the cost of safety inspections, reconditioning and other costs of doing business.

Vehicle Condition Ratings Check Vehicle Title History
Excellent
$12,375
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Good (Selected)
$11,600
"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.

Fair
$10,275
"Fair" condition means that the vehicle has some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional. The tires may need to be replaced. There may be some repairable rust damage.

Poor

·
Registered
380 Posts
Have you tried auto trader.com?

I sold my Miata in one week on auto trader. I think it works better than ebay. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I agree with AutoTrader.com. My Miata sold in 3 days.

I got my SKY earlier than expected, and hadn't even put the Miata up for sale yet. Posted the ad the day I took my SKY home, and sold it 3 days later. I got TONS of calls on it, too.

:driving:

·
Registered
820 Posts
I agree too!

skyfan said:
I sold my Miata in one week on auto trader. I think it works better than ebay. Just my opinion.

I sold my '91 MR2 Turbo the day I posted on Auto Trader. The guy came by the next day and bought it for more then I paid 3 years prior. The Toyota dealer wanted to give me $1500 for the car, but it was in EXCELLENT condition so I laughed at him and said I would sell it the next day for $6000 on autotrader.com. He told me there was no way. The next day I told him I had sold it on AutoTrader for $6,000.00 and he couldn't believe it. You gotta go auto trader. Also be sure to detail the cars, this will help them to sell better.:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Nemesis said:
I sold my '91 MR2 Turbo the day I posted on Auto Trader. The guy came by the next day and bought it for more then I paid 3 years prior. The Toyota dealer wanted to give me $1500 for the car, but it was in EXCELLENT condition so I laughed at him and said I would sell it the next day for $6000 on autotrader.com. He told me there was no way. The next day I told him I had sold it on AutoTrader for $6,000.00 and he couldn't believe it. You gotta go auto trader. Also be sure to detail the cars, this will help them to sell better.:thumbs:
I agree auto trader is the bast place, but you have to know the value of the car. I know someone that put their Jeep on auto trader and got no replies, it was worth 14800.00 when you went to KBB or edmonds but was asking 21,000.00. It didn't sell. He finally sold it out of the news paper and got 15,000.00. But it cost him around 500.00 to place all the ads on ebay,auto trader and newspaper.

Point is know the value and don't ask alot more then the book value because you aren't going to sell it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
deluke said:
I agree auto trader is the bast place, but you have to know the value of the car. I know someone that put their Jeep on auto trader and got no replies, it was worth 14800.00 when you went to KBB or edmonds but was asking 21,000.00. It didn't sell. He finally sold it out of the news paper and got 15,000.00. But it cost him around 500.00 to place all the ads on ebay,auto trader and newspaper.

Point is know the value and don't ask alot more then the book value because you aren't going to sell it.

AutoTrader makes it simple, it's like selling stocks. Look at what everyone else is selling theirs for in a similar condition. Then make your price competitive. Too easy.:thumbs:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts