Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I went to see one of these in person at last today, keep in mind I'm a big guy 6'0" and in the Higher 200's http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/mycah_leonhart/Me/leonhart.jpg (Black/Purple Shirt) so my views might be little off in the Interior Section cause of it.

Dealer #1 - Silver Sky w/ Spolier & Black Leather, In Showroom with a big "SOLD" sticker on it.

Went in there to take a look at it and the salesman wouldn't leave me alone.......kinda messed up my "meeting" the car for the first time, I left after he said "We don't have one for you to Test Drive"

Dealer #2 - Silver Sky w/o Spolier & Red Leather, Again in Showroom.......WITHOUT a sold Sticker.

This one was a *gasp* REPO so I went in there to look at it and the Salesman was pretty rude about me looking at it cause I pulled up in my 240SX and he was making "Big Guy" jokes.......left after 5 min.

Dealer #3 - Midnight Blue w/ a Spoiler & Tan Leather (the same damned color combo I want!)

I get there and i's a kid younger then me standing by it - we get to talking, I level with him that I'm just here to SEE it and I wanted an RL he asks what I was driving now and I show him my 240SX and then he drops a load in his pants and tells me about how he can't find one that RUNS and we get to talking and I tell him about the other 2 dealers so he does something cool.

He grabs me a set of keys

So he tosses me Saturn Keys, I toss him Nissan Keys and we drove up and down I-45.......strangely the tires on this Sky were a little on the worn side before I got to it :lol: and they were even more worn after I got done with it.

And if any of the younger guys that are on here are wondering, YES it can drift.

But on to the actual function of the cars, They are not as fatboy friendly as I thought (hoped) they would be but I can get in and drive them - that's more then I can say for an S2000 :banghead:

Everything IS hidden and out of the way - but it's a small price to pay, last I checked it was a Sports Car, not a Luxury Car.

Sky's have 2 "modes" Adjust and Drive.

Adjust Mode is where you just STOP everything and focus on changing something in the car, Drive is well - you get the point.

The Top isn't as bad as people say - and it is easy to do but you need to close things from a central postion, I'm speaking of the Trunk and the Hood. You can't close them from just one side you have to be in the middle and push down hard.

The Interior is NICE, I like it and it again isn't as bad as people say - everything is in reach.......till you need to get to the Window/Mirror switches but then again I'm a big guy but I was told by the Salesman (who was 6'4" and maybe 160lbs. soaking wet) he had troubles with the interior as well.

Oh and Trunk Space? - lol

Also for my big butt to get in it I need to tilt the seat back all the way up, scoot the seat all the way back then turn the knob again to tilt the seat back down, now I can drive (needless to say I need to lay off my GF's cooking.......damned Creole women) anyway once we discovered this trick to get that precious couple of inches I was in and was able to move my legs comfortably, it was time to drive this thing! :driving:

Now as for the transmision, yes it is a bit clunky - matter of fact it fells like what it is - a truck tranny, I know that feeling all too well because The Nissan 240SX is a Sports Car with a small Truck Motor (2.4L) AND Tranny so YES it is clunky but it's not a deal breaker, just something to get used to and I already was.

It handles like a dream, it can take any corner you toss at it, it's soft and smooth this is up there with RX-7's but it doesn't have a tight enough turn radius........in short it's like they took a 240SX and rewrapped it for 2007, I'm in love. :thumbs:

Speed is a little lacking for my taste, it's got a little more get up and go then my 240 so that means there is enough there to have fun, just don't go thinking you're hot stuff speed wise, it it's a V6 or above it'll get you, can't wait till the Redline!

All in all it's a great car 7/10 in my book.

Pros: Enough speed to have fun, The best looking car out there right now IMO and the "Cool Factor" is at an all time high.

Cons: It's not very practical, but then again it's a Sports Car, mainly a Roadster so it wasn't meant to be but.......it would be nice.

And my Bad News.......there is a line a mile long for a Redline at ANY of Houston's Dealers so If I want a Base Model I can get that AFTER the Redline hits - if I want a Redline I might have to wait till Mid to Late 2007 :eek:

There ya have it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i enjoyed reading your post and totally still love my baby! love driving it, love looking at it! my salesman was the best!

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
I liked your review. I'm a big guy myself and i thought it was really comfortable driving. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Looked at your picture and read your review.

Mycah Leonhart, yes you are tall but certainly not fat but muscular. And other tall guys have stated that just getting in and out is a process. Once in the habit, it becomes second nature.

As far as the car review, right in line with most. Both pluses and negatives.
It is a sports car and not an SUV. Most wish there was more creative use of available space area's that appear to have gone unused. And some things, like a rear center cup holder, that appear to be useless pretty much.

As for the reception you received at the dealers, no surprise there either.
Most motorcycles are not cheap by any means and yet they will quickly tell you how often they have encountered rude folks. Human behavor is a very interesting study. It appeared you handled it by doing what others do ... walk out.

But drifting a demo car is not right. If you were the dealer and some folks come in for a test drive and you found out they were drifting the car across the pavement ... fun for you ... certainly.... but not something to brag about on this forum.
Sorry ... :nono: :nonod:

So I thought your review was pretty accurate even concerning the long long wait. :cheers:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looked at your picture and read your review.

Mycah Leonhart, yes you are tall but certainly not fat but muscular. And other tall guys have stated that just getting in and out is a process. Once in the habit, it becomes second nature.

As far as the car review, right in line with most. Both pluses and negatives.
It is a sports car and not an SUV. Most wish there was more creative use of available space area's that appear to have gone unused. And some things, like a rear center cup holder, that appear to be useless pretty much.

As for the reception you received at the dealers, no surprise there either.
Most motorcycles are not cheap by any means and yet they will quickly tell you how often they have encountered rude folks. Human behavor is a very interesting study. It appeared you handled it by doing what others do ... walk out.

But drifting a demo car is not right. If you were the dealer and some folks come in for a test drive and you found out they were drifting the car across the pavement ... fun for you ... certainly.... but not something to brag about on this forum.
Sorry ... :nono: :nonod:

So I thought your review was pretty accurate even concerning the long long wait. :cheers:
Thanks for the flattery but nah - I'm pretty big lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
Interesting post because we were just discussing size in another thread!

Good honest review. This is a personal car for people and we'll all have personal perspectives on it.

I'm still trying to figure out the "Saturn way" because I'm seeing salespeople all over the board with how they respond.

Thx for posting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cool im in the Houston. Im inline for a redline. It looks like ill get it in March( I suspect more like feb though).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts