Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to "my" Saturn dealer yesterday to take a look at the Sky. Upon speaking to people at the dealership, the car is basicly "off limits" its not for sale, and no test drives are being allowed, the car is just there as a show piece. Am I the only one that finds this pretty ridiculous???

·
Registered
277 Posts
the car could very well be sold already. I was the first one at my dealer and they held mine in the showroom for 1 week locked up. Saturn has never had a product like this, and the dealers are using it to bring traffic into the showroom.

By the way, I bought mine without a test drive. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats just it, the dealer just ordered the car to have, no buyer. I spoke to the guys at the part counter, and they said the dealer has no plans of selling the car anytime soon.

Personally I could never buy a car w/o a testdrive, you're all very bold ppl...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Each owner decides what to do with their demo. Some sell them, some actually use them for test drives, some showcase it like yours. Find a dealer that has one for demo use only and drive it there. :thumbs:

·
Registered
256 Posts
My dealership has one that isn't being sold either. However, if you have a deposit down, you can test drive this car.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm not surprise at all. They don't want to put a lot of miles on it and it's not sold and they probably don't anticipate getting the next one soon. That could very well be the reason. Just guessing though. At this point in the game, don't let anything surprise you.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The car brings in traffic, the dealer would rather have it sit then sell it at this point. It will bring in more future deposits and more business in the long run. But, it does not make customers like you happy. :mad:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Some have already put deposits down on the redline

·
Registered
802 Posts
Stu's Sky said:
The car brings in traffic, the dealer would rather have it sit then sell it at this point. It will bring in more future deposits and more business in the long run. But, it does not make customers like you happy. :mad:
How right you are! No one is going to see a SKY in the showroom unless they are there just for that or maybe see it by accident while car shopping!
They must have them on the road as the customers who own them would for the most part be glad to tell from where they came. You sure don't want any pissed off owners driving them around either. If I am treated right I will have business cards and some documentation to pass out to anyone who is interested.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My dealer has the same deal going with their demo... no test drive rule. They said you can "test drive" your own car, when it comes in, and if you decide not to take it, no problem.

I understand that they eventually will sell the demo, so they want to keep it low miles to maximize profits. What point is there to demo it, since they have sold every Sky they will get for the next year or so already. It is just eye candy right now.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Same here.

Stu's Sky said:
the car could very well be sold already. I was the first one at my dealer and they held mine in the showroom for 1 week locked up. Saturn has never had a product like this, and the dealers are using it to bring traffic into the showroom.

By the way, I bought mine without a test drive. :rolleyes:
My car sat in the showroom until the dealer (Saturn of the Valley, Allentown PA) until they received their 2nd SKY. I never test drove it and it only had 12 miles when I first drove it after giving them the check.

Great car.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
My dealer initially said that they were going to hold at least one car "hostage" until they got the next one in. So, if mine came in, they would hold onto it until they got the next so they would have one on the floor. I was hoping if they did that they would keep it roped off so greasy fingerprints and smelly but..behinds would not be in my car. However, they got smart and decided to make their first order dealer demos and they are allowing anyone who has shown an interest in the car a test drive, not just those with deposits. He called me when they got it and I went in that evening and had to wait to drive it even though I was the only one in line with a car on order. The dealer said the car had been on the road since they prepped it and there were folks waiting to test it when I left about 30 minutes before closing.:eek:

So find a dealer that will let you drive it, or test drive the Solstice. Not as good looking, but the same under the skin.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
113 Posts
FReaK said:
Thats just it, the dealer just ordered the car to have, no buyer. I spoke to the guys at the part counter, and they said the dealer has no plans of selling the car anytime soon.

as i understand it anyone with a sky order can test drive thier car when it comes in....if you dont like it walk away....the dealer wont have any trouble finding a home for an unspoken for sky....the sky would have to have an engine like the truck on chitty-chitty-bang-bang for me to walk out on this deal

·
Registered
32 Posts
I feel sorry for you guys. My dealer (Saturn of Brooklyn Park, MN) is allowing test drives to any interested parties. I think this is to gather interest/orders.

I received a call from my dealer about a week ago encouraging me to come in to take it out for a test drive.:jester:

·
Registered
727 Posts
FReaK said:

I'd want a test drive too! One option might be to see if you can find a Pontiac dealer with a Solstice available for a test drive. I know I could get one around here in a Solstice. The two cars should drive identically, since they are both the same underneath. That would give you an idea of whether you like the ride, powertrain, seats, interior space, etc. If you found it acceptable and still wanted a Sky, you could then order one in good conscious.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have not test driven a Sky...ordered it anyway. Most of the dealers around here are not allowing test drives anyway, as most of the cars coming in are pre-sold. When MY car finally comes in to my dealership...I would hope that they won't let anyone test drive it but ME. :willy:

·
Registered
877 Posts
FReaK said:
So I went to "my" Saturn dealer yesterday to take a look at the Sky. Upon speaking to people at the dealership, the car is basicly "off limits" its not for sale, and no test drives are being allowed, the car is just there as a show piece. Am I the only one that finds this pretty ridiculous???
What LI dealer are you going to?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts