Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well my Neighbour who moved away hasn't sold her house yet. Because of a family crisis she has moved back into her house. She writes for a paper about cars. She's reviewed cars that would make you green with envy. She was even sent to Europe to do some test drives.

She has a Solstice automatic on her garage and showed it to me tonight (she's testing it for an article down the road).:lol:

I asked her what she thought. Her first comment was it has no power. Now remember she's driven Z4's and stuff. She seemed to like the car over all saying it was a great touring car. She found the roof thing a big pain in the ass though.

Tomorrow she is bringing the compitition home...Mazda. I like her:lol:

·
Registered
115 Posts
spell check.............:cool:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oppps. Fixed.:lol:

·
Registered
136 Posts
tvieira24 said:
I can imagine someone with as much experience as her thinking that it doens't have enough power. The RL will fix that though :)
I love the Sky/Solstice, but you gotta be unbiased, remember she is a journalist ;). Didn't the Miata out accelerate it? and even if it didn't, still a legitimate complaint, the car IS rather slow for the pricetag associated with it. Love it to death, but that's also why I'm holding out for the RL :D

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have to keep reminding myself why I want the car. I'm not racing it! I'm looking for a fun car to drive. I had a 140 hp nissan and it was fine most of the time. I can't see how this car can be worse than that.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Miata is a bit faster, but only a slight bit. Probably not enough to be noticeable by the seat of your pants (a couple tenths to 60 and in quarter mile).

However, I would not call these cars slow. They are basically low 7 second to 60, 15's in the quarter. That is not fast compared to a musclecar, but it is around the norm for an average car. It's going to be faster than any low $20K's midsize sedan with a 4 banger (most Camrys, Accords, Altima's, base V6 G6's) and is in line with higher cost compacts like the Mazda3, non turbo Impreza, etc. I am not arguing that it is a fast car, but I see a slow car to be something like a Hummer H3 that needs 10 plus seconds to hit 60. The kappas are average performing for speed.

Of course, that slushbox could be making a difference too. It's only a 4 speed OD, so really, it only has 3 gears to keep the ecotec in it's powerband, and also is likely eating up more power in driveline loss than a manual too.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Miata is a bit faster, but only a slight bit. Probably not enough to be noticeable by the seat of your pants (a couple tenths to 60 and in quarter mile).

However, I would not call these cars slow. They are basically low 7 second to 60, 15's in the quarter. That is not fast compared to a musclecar, but it is around the norm for an average car. It's going to be faster than any low $20K's midsize sedan with a 4 banger (most Camrys, Accords, Altima's, base V6 G6's) and is in line with higher cost compacts like the Mazda3, non turbo Impreza, etc. I am not arguing that it is a fast car, but I see a slow car to be something like a Hummer H3 that needs 10 plus seconds to hit 60. The kappas are average performing for speed.

Of course, that slushbox could be making a difference too. It's only a 4 speed OD, so really, it only has 3 gears to keep the ecotec in it's powerband, and also is likely eating up more power in driveline loss than a manual too.
Definitely, the car's not slow, but imo, if you're writing a review, and you really have a lack of complaints elsewhere, that'll jump out at you. Sky at like 25-26k with some decent options, weaker than most others in the price range, more expensive and weaker than the Miata. Not 'slow', but what else can you complain about with it ;) ;)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yep, the little 4cyl does not have much compared to other "sports" cars ...but this roadster is enough for me. She really gets my heart pumping when I SLING around tight right/left hand turns in 1st-2nd gear range. My hubby was slammed against the passenger door...the tires held the pavement and said "Wow, love the G's & this baby hugs the road" YEP....tight turns in this wide/low stance car are FUN FUN FUN!!!!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.