Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
You Should Change "HER" Name

It has always been customary to personify certain inanimate objects and attribute to them characteristics peculiar to living creatures. Thus, things without life are often spoken of as having a sex. Some objects are regarded as masculine. The sun, winter, and death are often personified in this way. Others are regarded as feminine, especially those things that are dear to us. The earth as mother Earth is regarded as the common maternal parent of all life. In languages that use gender for common nouns, boats, ships, and other vehicles almost invariably use a feminine form. Likewise, early seafarers spoke of their ships in the feminine gender for the close dependence they had on their ships for life and sustenance.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
It has always been customary to personify certain inanimate objects and attribute to them characteristics peculiar to living creatures. Thus, things without life are often spoken of as having a sex. Some objects are regarded as masculine. The sun, winter, and death are often personified in this way. Others are regarded as feminine, especially those things that are dear to us. The earth as mother Earth is regarded as the common maternal parent of all life. In languages that use gender for common nouns, boats, ships, and other vehicles almost invariably use a feminine form. Likewise, early seafarers spoke of their ships in the feminine gender for the close dependence they had on their ships for life and sustenance.
I donno - I've always called my "sporty" cars by male names.
So far I have narrowed it down to two - either Xavier or Rex...
I thought a more regal name would be appropriate with all of the Chrome BLING!
It'll come down to whichever name calls to me first when I take him out for his first ride.
:cheers:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Angelqute1 said:
So happy for the lesson. Thank you. I have always chose to do things a little different than what is "customary" I chose not to name my baby a feminine name because I enjoy polishing and shining him and I would feel better rubbing a Vito than a Valerie. Name yours a girls name if you want to, I'll stick with Vito.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
may you drive it in the best of health and even better weather. :cheers:
I like that phrase, Angelqute1! :thumbs:

·
Registered
410 Posts
HOT SKY--- Maybe your Vito might want to run with my Bianca one day. I can see them now, in the park together, in the city together, in the country together, and dont forget the highway together.:D All of this would take place under the watchful eyes of their smiling parents.:D :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IslandHopper said:
HOT SKY--- Maybe your Vito might want to run with my Bianca one day. I can see them now, in the park together, in the city together, in the country together, and dont forget the highway together.:D All of this would take place under the watchful eyes of their smiling parents.:D :D
While considering names for my sky I saw you had named yours Bianca. I almost named mine ****. Well, Vito took one look at Bianca and said "Hot Hot Hot"

·
Registered
410 Posts
B & I look forward to meeting U & V:yesnod: :yesnod: Who knows, the photos of our newborn just may selected for the photos of the month by our peers:)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IslandHopper said:
B & I look forward to meeting U & V:yesnod: :yesnod: Who knows, the photos of our newborn just may selected for the photos of the month by our peers:)
I just hope the pictures of the newborns look like us and not like their cousins the solstices.

·
Registered
115 Posts
HotSky said:
I finally named my new silver sky, Vito is his name. Ain't he handsome?
drool, drool...............congrats...........:cool:

·
Registered
18,271 Posts
HotSky said:
I finally named my new silver sky, Vito is his name. Ain't he handsome?
Waiting waiting for Vito's twin sister...still waiting for the identical twin to arrive..this has been longer than a normal pregnancy...may have to induce labor...

MarlboroMike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts