Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the Redline I bought a couple weeks ago off eBay finally arrived today. Since the shipper said it wasn't starting Saturday (see another thread), I had them meet me at my local Saturn dealer.

I of course had my fingers crossed that it would start, magically fixed on it's voyage over, but no luck. :banghead:

Oh well, at least it's here. It was funny though: the service manager helped me push the car from the truck to the service area, then I went with him to give him my info. I turn around about a minute later and a stream of service techs were pouring out of the bays and surrounding the car. From all your stories on this board I knew it attracted attention -- none of them had yet seen a Redline -- but still, it made me smile and it was just a funny site. There had to be seven or eight techs surrounding the car, lifting the hood, looking around (hey! that's a privately owned car fellas, easy!).

Sucks it wouldn't start, but it might work out for the best. Getting it used, not from a dealer, it's nice that they'll have a chance to check it out and make sure everything a-ok before I drive it away. And with all the attention it was getting, I'm hoping that their best and brightest are lining up to fix it right away. :D

I'll of course snap some pics once I get her back and cleaned (might be interesting to see for some people, since it's uniquely midnight blue with the tan interior, but with a black top). It was dirty after the long trip atop the truck, so I didn't take any today.

·
Registered
204 Posts
LOL, it's gonna be hard pushing that thing around town and man is it going to cut down on the number of thumbs ups you get! :lol:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How did you get the black top????? I tried and they said tan interior gets tan top.
That's true. The guy I bought it from got this done from his dealer. He ordered it in Black/Tan w Black Top, and the dealer didn't say anthing. Later the mistake was noticed so he said fine, I guess the Tan top then. But when it was delivered, the dealer switched it out for a black top they had.

I don't know if the dealer felt obligated because they didn't tell him that combo wasn't possible initially, or they were just being nice, or what. Pretty bizarre story, because does it mean that there's a car that shouldn't have a tan top that now has one?

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Did the dealership have a sky trained technician? Do you know? And what was the 7 or techs that surrounded when they started checking it out on what the possible problem is? or could be?:confused: Oh, did it have gas in it?:lol: Did you try to start it? Or was the battery already dead?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did the dealership have a sky trained technician? Do you know? And what was the 7 or techs that surrounded when they started checking it out on what the possible problem is? or could be?:confused: Oh, did it have gas in it?:lol: Did you try to start it? Or was the battery already dead?
I don't know if they had Sky-trained techs. This was their first redline, but they certainly have a lot of base Skys at the dealership (about five or six just sitting around...all with $3800 in premium chrome wheels, plus other add-ons, so perhaps why they're not selling). So I'm hoping they're trained enough at least.

It did have gas in it, and the battery wasn't dead. I tried starting it -- it cranks, but that's it. I only briefly walked back to the car to get some things, and they were going on about what the problem might be, but I didn't stick around. I wasn't doing much good there, and I had to scurry home and finish some work to afford the darn thing!

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
I don't know if they had Sky-trained techs. This was their first redline, but they certainly have a lot of base Skys at the dealership (about five or six just sitting around...all with $3800 in premium chrome wheels, plus other add-ons, so perhaps why they're not selling). So I'm hoping they're trained enough at least.

It did have gas in it, and the battery wasn't dead. I tried starting it -- it cranks, but that's it. I only briefly walked back to the car to get some things, and they were going on about what the problem might be, but I didn't stick around. I wasn't doing much good there, and I had to scurry home and finish some work to afford the darn thing!
Whats the last 6 of the vin? You can PM it if you dont want to post.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
How did you get the black top????? I tried and they said tan interior gets tan top.

Blue
I saw this car on e-bay. The seller said that he asked the dealer to switch the top, and THEY DID IT!!! Go figure.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts

I stopped there tonight on the way home from work, I counted 9, 8 on display and 1 sold. They looked like the same ones I saw a week ago. I think my have milked this addon crap for as much as they can at this point. However, I would love to see what they do to charge 50k for the Redline! :D :D How many sets of overcharged wheels can you put on a car?? :eek:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I stopped there tonight on the way home from work, I counted 9, 8 on display and 1 sold. They looked like the same ones I saw a week ago. I think my have milked this addon crap for as much as they can at this point. However, I would love to see what they do to charge 50k for the Redline! :D :D How many sets of overcharged wheels can you put on a car?? :eek:
Yeah it'll be interesting to see their Redline price. Truthfully, this dealer gave me a bad vibe when I was first calling around months ago. The one in South Bay was such a better experience. I put a deposit down there, and later when I cancelled, they sent a hand-written note thanking me for giving them an opportunity, etc. But this one was just so much closer, so that's where I met the mover.

I don't understand those "premium" wheels either. So much extra dough, plus they don't even look as nice as the factory chromes, IMO. I'm just hoping with so many Skys around, those techs can figure out what's going on with my car! :D I'm anxious to take her for a spin! :willy: :driving:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So dealer called a couple hours ago. Still not fixed! :willy:

Said it wouldn't be fixed today, either. "Hopefully tomorrow." Me too, since I leave tomorrow for my trip.

They said they thought they had it working last night, but then this morning still had trouble starting it.

It is supposedly a fuel problem, and that it's flooding. That's all I know at this point. Maybe they'll let me come down there and sit in it at least while they're working on it. :D

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
We of course we (I) are VERY curious on what could possibly cause this car to flood when starting (which is sounding what could be happening)--ask them if they have already tried to swap out the ECM for troubleshooting purposes?? If not, tell them to replace the ECM and try again for S&G's--See what happens, might not be mechanical, sounding more n more like electronic--:thumbs: No spark gas keeps coming=gas smell=no spark=no go=:willy:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
A big dang hammer solved many problems. Just whop on the brain and there ya go...Skip...:) :) I be thinkin thats probably what be wrong with me because my daddy said that he did not drop me at birth....:) :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
So dealer called a couple hours ago. Still not fixed! :willy:

Said it wouldn't be fixed today, either. "Hopefully tomorrow." Me too, since I leave tomorrow for my trip.

They said they thought they had it working last night, but then this morning still had trouble starting it.

It is supposedly a fuel problem, and that it's flooding. That's all I know at this point. Maybe they'll let me come down there and sit in it at least while they're working on it. :D
Looks like I may have called this one days ago..... on the 28th of October.....

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9252

Do you want me to call the dealer close to me and see what they ended up doing to fix the problem??

I know the Service Manager - Grant!

Let me know and I will be glad to help out!:thumbs:

PM me!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Absolutely! That would be great.
I will do it without fail tomorrow morning as it is already 8:34PM and service dept is closed.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Sky family helping each other out! Gotta love it!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts