Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, I had to tell my dealer what that meant. Anyone else get the feeling that you have more info than the dealer?
I ordered on 3/1 , so the process seems to be moving along. Hopefully there will be no snags, as I ordered just a midnite blue-no other options.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
rwood411 said:
Anyone else get the feeling that you have more info than the dealer?
Yes! :banghead: Or that my dealer isn't (or can't) tell me what he knows

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes, Half the time I think I know (from reading on here) more than the dealer does. Also sometimes I think my dealer sometimes keeps me in the dark so that if my car gets here sooner he will be my hero or something. Kinda like telling me worst case so that if things start happening sooner I will be even mre excited. They still say dealer car to arrive by 20 march and mine to follow 2-3 weeks after. Cross your fingers and hopefully all will happen on schedule. Yeah for us!
Kimmi

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I think it's also the Saturn marketing department wanting to keep the Sky out of the public eye until the right moment.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I had tons of fun at my dealership yesterday. Told them everything I know, which much of they didn't know. They really got a kick out of the pics of the plant and videos of the sky that I have gathered online. They still haven't seen the sky commercial (they didn't even know there was one) but they seemed to have a good time letting me show them the sky knowledge and saturn ordering structure I have picked up here!

Its crazy to think that not to many years ago you would go to a dealership pretty much blind to anything. You would have to take their word for everything. The internet has changed everything. I've never been in a position when buying a car that I knew just about everything there is to know about the buying, build, delivery, etc... process.
gives a little power to the people that we didn't have before.

anyway, my dealership has been awesome and patient with me. Not long now and they will only see me at service time.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Do you think they will miss us then? I know that everytime I have been dealers waiting on service my salesman always walks by and says how happy he is to see me. Could also be that I am walking driving advertisement for him and I have already sent several people to him for a new car. And that was before Saturn came out with the sky. Think what kind of marketing we will be for them then.
:) Kimmi:) :)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Still at 030 today, but expect VIN and completion any day now. Cannot make any changes, order is locked in for production, I assume. GM is checking daily and will advise of changes and I will to ya'll. I am cool and chillin' expect delivery by 21 of March, no fact just a strong gut feeling!:thumbs: Congratulations and :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: to al who are getting event codes, we a getting stronger in numbers everyday. If I am not cruisin' in my SKY by last day of March, I will eat a bug!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ernest said:
Still at 030 today, .......................If I am not cruisin' in my SKY by last day of March, I will eat a bug!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, Ok Ernesto
but just in case
To prepare a batch of crickets or mealworms:
Take the desired quantity of live insects, rinse them off and then pat them dry. This procedure is easy to do with mealworms, but fairly hard to do with crickets. To do so with crickets, pour them all into a colander and cover it quickly with a piece of wire screening or cheesecloth. Rinse them, then dry them by shaking the colander until all the water drains. Then put the crickets or mealworms in a plastic bag and put them in the freezer until they are dead but not frozen. Fifteen minutes or so should be sufficient. Then take them out and rinse them again. You don't really have to clean mealworms, though if you want, you can chop off their heads. Cricket's heads, hind legs, and wing cases can be removed according to personal preference; I like doing so, since cricket legs tend to get stuck in your teeth. You are now ready to use the insects in all kinds of culinary treats!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Damn I am getting hungry. Wings kinda clean the teeth though. Skip...:lol:

·
Registered
96 Posts
If I am not cruisin' in my SKY by last day of March, I will eat a bug!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ernest
I'm hoping this is not referring to a Volkswagen which would leave a ton of bad aftertaste not to speak of the gas (not petroleum that is).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts