Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm driving to work this morning at 5:30 am, when out of nowhere I see an enormous TIRE sitting in the middle of my lane. I didn't even have time to swerve, and slammed right into it at 70 mph. :nonod:

I had to pull over to yank the tire from under the nose of the car - it had come off an 18-wheeler. I saw him pulled off the road about half a mile up from me. Anyway, all of guarding under the nose is broken off (some is still dragging on the ground) and the front nose is cracked badly. Looks like I'll be calling Allstate when I get home. I don't think any lights are broken, or anything was damaged on the underside of the engine...I'll have to check it out later (still at work). My poor, beautiful car, trashed by someone's stupid recap tire. :banghead:

Just needed to rant a bit....

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ouch!

Hopefully they can get your baby fixed ASAP. Keep us posted on the progress!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Man that sucks!! The Sky community is here for you. Plenty of shoulders to lean on. Your midnight blue Sky will be in our prays.

Get well soon!!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Glad to hear you kept control of the car and you were not hurt. I am always afraid of the blown tires out there and what they could do to the car, now I know. Hope the repairs go quickly!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Glad you're OK!...she will be good as new in no time.:thumbs:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Man that sucks.:brentil: ...damn shame but your ok, and the car will be repaired.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Sorry to hear it Waywyrd. Hope she is back it tip top shape soon. Did you take any pictures of her war wounds. So the rest of us know what to expect when fate choses us.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Wow, that is tough, buddy. And thank heaven you are all okay! I avoid accidents all day no matter what I drive through this city! But the car can be fixed, and you are good!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Sorry about the accident .... but.... once again forum members who unfortunely have experienced accidents, all walked away. :thumbs:

And their SKY had minor damaged, when compared to other vehicles in similiar type of accidents. That speaks miles to the design of this body frame. :)

You could have totally lost control or had major steering components malfunction. But even the headlights remained functioning. :eek:

To our engineering staff at Saturn SKY ...thanks for building a safe sexy hot car that can take a whack and get up and kick back .... :cheers: :grouphug:

What a country! :patriot:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Sorry about the accident .... but.... once again forum members who unfortunely have experienced accidents, all walked away. :thumbs:

And their SKY had minor damaged, when compared to other vehicles in similiar type of accidents. That speaks miles to the design of this body frame. :)

You could have totally lost control or had major steering components malfunction. But even the headlights remained functioning. :eek:

To our engineering staff at Saturn SKY ...thanks for building a safe sexy hot car that can take a whack and get up and kick back .... :cheers: :grouphug:

What a country! :patriot:
Amen...so many people say to me, "I am glad you bought American!" Me too.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the kind thoughts, everyone. It did a little more damage than I thought - apparently the tire flew out the back and broke THAT shield too. Here's some pics if you want to get ill...I can't believe all that stuff came out from under the car. The last pic is of the big crack, right under the nose where the point is. :cuss:

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
glad you are ok...i can feel your pain...i just my car back after a week in the body shop from someone falling on the back quarter panel...good luck

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks for all the kind thoughts, everyone. It did a little more damage than I thought - apparently the tire flew out the back and broke THAT shield too. Here's some pics if you want to get ill...I can't believe all that stuff came out from under the car. The last pic is of the big crack, right under the nose where the point is. :cuss:
Looks like what happened to my '93 Toyota MR2 when I hit a piece of firewood in the road. Broke alot of the front airdam stuff like you did. Be sure you have the radiator looked at. Mine had a little leak from a piece of bodywork puncturing it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My weekend wasn't quite as bad, but I feel your pain. We were in mine Friday night (my husband was driving), and backed into a little drive to turn around. Unfortunately we couldn't see the great big hole, so we bottomed out. Concrete scratched the crap out of the driver's side of the nose, broke the plastic panel underneath and scratched up a section on the bottom underneath the driver's door. We didn't notice the damage to the nose that night. My husband noticed it the next morning, but made a point to tell me about when we were at a football game so that I wouldn't freak out too bad. He tries to tell me that it is just a car. I know, I know...he is crazy. Like he says, that is what insurance is for. It just kills my soul that I have only had it for two months though. At least I wasn't in a situation where I could have gotten hurt. He is the only one in any kind of danger. :D

Glad you are okay. And sure, it can be fixed. But it doesn't make it any less painful!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Soooooo Sad

first off....glad you are ok
second....sorry about your car
third.....there's always a bigger idiot out there.....and this time its me
(get out tissues at this point)
june 10....picked up black sky from dealership
june 16....accident...sideswipe wrecked driverside front bad...rim and tire GONE
september 17.....still broken hearted and SKYLESS
she sits at the dealership...waiting repair
They cant get the appropriate specs for the frame.....they cant get the parts.....they come in and they are damaged.......
please keep me and my baby in your thoughts and prayers :(

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
waywyrd thanks for posting the pictures of your pain. It isn't until you own a car this low that you can appreciate clean roads. Some of the roads down here are like driving on an obstacle course. It looks as though you suffered damage from front to rear during this incident. I hope the dealership is able to get better than new soon. Take care and know that my prayers are with you. :thumbs:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Glad you're OK!...she will be good as new in no time.:thumbs:
Did you get any information from the truck driver? Since it was something from his truck that caused your accident, I believe your insurance will want that information. It also looks better for you. As much as it hurts, the car can be repaired...but we're glad you are OK and didn't suffer personal injury. You and your baby will be right as rain soon. Also, please let us know how the dealer handles the repairs. I'm always curious about these things when a product is new. I hope they have more of a clue about their product than the sales staff!!! Sorry, the devil made me say that! :nono:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Sorry To Hear That

I also had a "bout" when I went over a Prius "half-shaft" that was flying across the highway. The car was also up ahead. It was devastating to put my Roscoe on a tow truck.... I feel your pain, but it's gonna be better. I was thinking about calling the insurance company and have them try and find the person who got into the accident on the highway and claim it on his/her insurance. My tire replacement was about $380 and my wheel that I got was even more (20" Foose Nitrous). Don't give up, exhaust your efforts in getting someone else to foot that bill. Sometimes life just isn't fair! :banghead:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts