Saturn Sky Forum banner

My Pro/Con list

4K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  spamelaj 
Stu's Sky said:
I hate to :deadhorse , but these kinds of things should be caught during QC checks at the factory. This is why I voice my concern. I am so happy we all :grouphug: and learn from each other. But, sham on Saturn for rolling these cars out without finding these obvious defects. :nono:

There are some people on this site who will stand behind Saturn 100% no matter what they do. I personally don't care if it is Saturn, Honda, BMW, or Pontiac. The bottom line is if I am going to drop $26K on a car, I want to make sure it was built right. Just like a computer, a T.V., furniture, or any other large purchase. Being the first 1,000 to roll out is no excuse.

If you buy a new laptop and the the laptop fails, but you were one of the 1st 1,000 customers to buy this new model...are you going to be upset because you just lost your information on your hard drive? Or, are you going to relax and say "well, I was one of the 1st 1,000 people to buy this new laptop, so it is acceptable.":willy: I have to believe Dell and other computer companies test and test and test and test and then check and check and check and check before a product rolls out.:thumbs:
Oranges to Apples... If you are one of the first 10,000 to buy a computer they have built 1000's of them already to run, check and ruin. Also fit and finish is not too big as everything can be QC’s long before the guts are even designed. Electronics can be run to death on the test bench. Can't afford to do that with a car.
No matter what you think --- first run cars (I personally don't care if it is Saturn, Honda, BMW, or Pontiac) all have little problems like this.
On one hand the QC people are saying -- "We need to double check and check this and that..." and we (the customer) and the bean counters are saying -- "Get em OUT the door!! We'll deal with the problems when they are sold.”
This (as I have said time and again) is why I never wanted to get a first run car. I have had friends who did and every one of them (name a maker) was in and out of the shop. Mostly odd ball stuff.
Now -- to agree with you... I'd have made a list of things wrong (like the air bag cover) and gone to the dealer and set up a day when I could bring my car in and ALL those problems would go away. SC2 is very forgiving...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.