Saturn Sky Forum banner

My Pro/Con list

4K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  spamelaj 
Hey Stu,

Can you elaborate on defective weather stripping on the trunk? I wonder if mine is as well? I mean it isnt always uniform when it shuts but it has progressively improved as I have opened and closed the trunk (which isn't much since I always leave the top down). Im just wondering what I should consider defective and in need of replacement...

Thanks!

Stu's Sky said:
It does not fit well when closed, it overlaps on the end of the left side. It seems there is some excess material on the end, causing the truck to close on parts of the weatherstripping when it is not supposed to. The dealer took a look at it and ordered a new strip.
How does it compare to this? (See attached pic)

This is after a normal "slam" closing of my trunk.

Attachments

Hmmm... Maybe a bit too forgiving -- I'll point them out to my dealer.

Given that the weather stripping looks like it can just be reglued better and the probably glue will be used on the airbag panel I don't fear that this is that big of deal to rush back, thats all.

Thanks to you all I know just how glarring these mistakes are though.

Stu's Sky said:
This (as I have said time and again) is why I never wanted to get a first run car. I have had friends who did and every one of them (name a maker) was in and out of the shop. Mostly odd ball stuff.
Yes, thankfully it is just "odd ball" stuff. I hope that is all we come across as these are the things that can be fixed easily and don't hinder the car too much.

skyguy85 said:
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1534&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1144942511 <<<--- WOW! Sorry guys I just can't get enough of that color. Oh yeh SC2, last evening I was leaving my neigborhood for dinner, and 'the man around the corner' was pulling in. I was spastic and honked and pointed. He stopped and I felt like an idiot.

ANYWAY, I just hope my Sky will not have any major problems down the road. This is what is going to save or break saturn and possible GM. The rolling out of new products that look great and are really just, well not that great. But I have faith in it!
Haha, nice -- does he know your getting a brother to match his Sol? He'll get it soon enough and then he'll be the one honking and pointing.

Definately the rubber... its tort in some spots and over-generous in others. I know its just glued in, it just looks like only of those things that the installer was trying to over/under compensate for the full length of the material. I dont even know if I need a new one as much as I need it reglued.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.