Saturn Sky Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
If you wanted a perfect sports car, you should have bought a Honda. To have something this unique on the road is worth the small issues (they all can be fixed). First year car is all about style, refinement comes in subsequent years...

1994SC2 said:
How does it compare to this? (See attached pic)

This is after a normal "slam" closing of my trunk.

The sky I picked up yesterday (vin 529) has one large area on the right side where the trunk weather strip buldges out. The weather strip clamps over the metal edge and I think one of two things cause it to bulge. 1. the metal trunk edge has a defect in it preventing the stripe clamp from going fully on. or..... 2.the weather stripe has some extra rubber lumped up where it shouldn't be and this is preventing the weather strip from mounting properly. This defect is so obvious, QC should have caught it at the factory.

Definately the rubber... its tort in some spots and over-generous in others. I know its just glued in, it just looks like only of those things that the installer was trying to over/under compensate for the full length of the material. I dont even know if I need a new one as much as I need it reglued.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Way2Fast said:
The sky I picked up yesterday (vin 529) has one large area on the right side where the trunk weather strip buldges out. The weather strip clamps over the metal edge and I think one of two things cause it to bulge. 1. the metal trunk edge has a defect in it preventing the stripe clamp from going fully on. or..... 2.the weather stripe has some extra rubber lumped up where it shouldn't be and this is preventing the weather strip from mounting properly. This defect is so obvious, QC should have caught it at the factory.
Same as mine, but the left side.

Delnari said:
If you wanted a perfect sports car, you should have bought a Honda. To have something this unique on the road is worth the small issues (they all can be fixed). First year car is all about style, refinement comes in subsequent years...
Snap!

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Nice!!! take one off the list.

As to the molding, my saturn dealer just called me and said the parts are in (new wheel wells and molding for the trunk). So, hope the get the car back in tip top shape. :)

1994SC2 said:
How does it compare to this? (See attached pic)

This is after a normal "slam" closing of my trunk.

Wow...that looks like a tight sqeeze. I assume the Windshield/windscreen is suppose to fit between trunk lip and weather stripping....doesn't look like there is enough room. Has any SKY owner that's received their SKY already purchased a Windshield/windscreen and installed it???? Do you have any problems with it fitting correctly????

Attachments

futureskyowner said:
Wow...that looks like a tight sqeeze. I assume the Windshield/windscreen is suppose to fit between trunk lip and weather stripping....doesn't look like there is enough room. Has any SKY owner that's received their SKY already purchased a Windshield/windscreen and installed it???? Do you have any problems with it fitting correctly????

The one I test drove had a windscreen and they screwes holes into the silver area between the trunk and the back seat (they put some silver brackets there to try and make the holes look better) and it just slid in and out of the holes. In my oppinion it really looked cheesy, and the windscreen did not look like it was made very well. I took it off my want list as soon as I saw it.

futureskyowner said:
Don't confuse the GM/Saturn windscreen with the one from KappaSphere. The GM one gets the holes and screws and I think this is the one ChiliPepperGirl is refering to ("It looked really cheap, in my opinion.") The one from KappaSphere is slim and fits between the trunk and the weatherstripping. This one requires no holes and per the folks over at the Solstice site, it is very easy to install and remove as needed.

Delnari said:
Honda... the perfect sports car?

:banghead:

here here!

Delnari said:
:cheers:

I agree....it's worth the stares and fun to have the SKy now!!!:lol:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.