Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an e-mail from my sales guy, and got the scoop on Red Line Order Status. Either he is shooting straight to me, or he is spending a lot of time faking computer screens to mock up "impossible" Red Line orders and trusting that I don't really know what I am looking at.

I will concede at this point that I don't necessarily understand what all this stuff means. I never tracked order status and all that with my first SKY. I just ordered it, waited for it, and picked it up when it was there.

So here's what I have...

I have viewed an actual order page from the dealership of a Red Line SKY, with the Engine listed as "LNF - Engine 2.0L DOHC 16V 8-4 Ecotec, Turbocharged." It then lists all the other options on the car. This screen is from the official GMDealerworld website. The page shows an event code of 3000 for this model. I have been requested not to share any more than that about this page because it is for "dealer use only" and I don't want to get my dealer in trouble, but I can sayI got the info straight from the horse's mouth.

As for my exact car, I didn't get to see the GMDealerworld page because that site only allows tracking of cars at 3000 or better, and my car is currently sitting at 1100. It is not a base SKY as the model is clearly listed as "ZMG67 - Sky: Red Line" and the engine is listed as "LNF - Engine 2.0L DOHC 16V 8-4 Ecotec, Turbocharged." The commentary from my guy says, "This car will sit at 1100 for a little while (well, it has already) and then will move up the event chain rapidly." Works for me.

So that's what I can share. deluke says that there are no 3000 orders for Red Lines, and I have seen what appears to be one. I don't know what my dealer's motives would be for faking one, and I don't know what delukes motives are for saying that such an order is "impossible." I am just sharing what I believe to be true.

If you ask some people from the Solstice site, since I have posted this here (and of course being the Solstice hater that I obviously am) then I am completely full of it and have no idea of what I am talking about. If so, then I have no idea what my motives are for doing that.

As for me, I really don't care. I said that I would look into getting a clarification on my order status, and my dealer responded (like good Saturn dealers do to requests from their customers) and I have posted what I learned like I said I would do. That's what I know as of now, and when I know more I will share that, too.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
That shows some movement, I remember going to 030(3000) and then siting for a good month or so, and they are supoosed to be puling the orders into the plant, so it is entirely possioble. I hope so. I will check and see if my status has changed as well, this could be the beginning. If so it means I have two Saturns at 3000:willy: BUt I know that here is no way tyhe R/L willbeat the AURA, it better not because Kathy done said she was gonna break both my legs and mess me up a might if it does, and the same goes for Steve, our GM!! Me 'n old Steve done decided to hide that R/L should that happen!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts