Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my update from my ever-so-helful Saturn Sales Guy...

My Red Line is now at 3400
TPW is set to 9/4
My price is the pre-price-increase-price price protected.

And that's with three pedals, folks...

Yay!

·
Registered
540 Posts
jealous, jealous, jealous, jealous.......... well at least I am honest about it:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
My Redline is not far behind, I made it to 3000 today. Mine will also have a shorter train ride. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
The sun is shining over your house .... Happy trails:thumbs:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Must be red leather manual transmission week at the Sky plant :cheers:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Must be red leather manual transmission week at the Sky plant :cheers:
My White Sky Redline Manual with Red Leather has a TPW of 9/4 and is at event code 3400 too!!!

:)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Whoo hoo for you! Sometimes I wish I would have bought the R/L but my sensible husband said the base model would be fine and we didn't need the speeding tickets. Oh well. Maybe in a year or two I'll trade mine in for one.

·
Registered
55 Posts

TPW is set to 9/4

Yay!
What place in line were you at the dealership?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What place in line were you at the dealership?
I was first or second. Very near the top of a SoCal list at a dealership that is expecting four Red Lines this year. I know my car was the second to go to 3000 - the other might have been an auto.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Congrats there on the move

I hope they start moving from QC, they must be starting to back up there. No one has posted any pictures lately of plant. I hope there not just holding them for mass timed delivery like the first Sky. The girls in the office nicked named my Sky no271 chickmagnet, the guys are calling my coming RL the scankchaser. Its great to have co-workers that think so highly of me LOL

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
The R/L's have apparently been moved to a place out of camera range. Torrential rains have moved in, at least it will be a great test for the roof seals.:banghead: :lol: :thumbs:

There is some minor issues being addressed on them, released when resolved.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
The R/L's have apparently been moved to a place out of camera range. Torrential rains have moved in, at least it will be a great test for the roof seals.:banghead: :lol: :thumbs:

:agree: :agree: :agree:

You'll probably won't see them get shipped for at least another 2/3 weeks the earliest.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Maybe they are waiting for the first day of fall to deliver the first ones. I don't know how you guys stand it - produced & you still don't get to :driving:

·
Registered
444 Posts

Ernest, I heard today from my dealer that there are no real QC issues...

They are "batching" them so that most of the dealers get them at the same time nationally; like they did with the regular ones early this year.

They are saying that there are qc issues as customers like yourself with units built, would appreciate them going over these first cars with a fine toothed comb; however, you would be very upset if they were holding you car, just because they wanted to "launch" it nationally.

If you recall earlier this year, the lot was full of them, yet nobody had any....

All of a sudden, many dealers got them at once.

If this is their game plan, we could all be waiting another 3-4 weeks minimally before these RL's are actually released:banghead:

Does this make sense to you all??

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Ernest, I heard today from my dealer that there are no real QC issues...

They are "batching" them so that most of the dealers get them at the same time nationally; like they did with the regular ones early this year.

They are saying that there are qc issues as customers like yourself with units built, would appreciate them going over these first cars with a fine toothed comb; however, you would be very upset if they were holding you car, just because they wanted to "launch" it nationally.

If you recall earlier this year, the lot was full of them, yet nobody had any....

All of a sudden, many dealers got them at once.

If this is their game plan, we could all be waiting another 3-4 weeks minimally before these RL's are actually released:banghead:

Does this make sense to you all??
I don't think your dealer really knows. My inside sources and Ernest inside source have both confirmed there are quality issues. I'll take the word of our sources over most dealers. Trust me.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I don't think your dealer really knows. My inside sources and Ernest inside source have both confirmed there are quality issues. I'll take the word of our sources over most dealers. Trust me.
I agree:thumbs:

I would like to believe that your sources are much better than any dealer; either way, as you indicated earlier, we are all still looking at 2-3 weeks minimum for release.:banghead:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts

TPW is set to 9/4

Yay!
Very cool! I am too lazy to look, same color?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
....No one has posted any pictures lately of plant....
If Ernesto moves out today/tommorrow as planned, I may be taking a trip down to the plant for some new pics this Sunday or Monday

1 - 20 of 25 Posts