Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
First 2000 Senior Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Informed today that my baby is at 4104 and should be shipped within a couple of weeks. Guess she needs a name and I've given this a little thought. When I was a kid and my grandparents would tell me stories of Ireland, the one that creeped me out the worst was the story of the Bean Si. A fairy who's wails and moans foretold someone's demise, much like the wail of a Redline's turbo foretells the doom of Miatas, Eclipses and the occassional unsuspecting Z4 or Boxster. What better than Midnight blue for a creature that rides the midnight wind? Hence shall she be known--- Bean Si (phonetic English Ban Shee). Not being a vanity tag kinda person, found a print called the Bean Si and maybe Robert can etch me a wind restrictor.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Great name!!!!

Ban Shee is a great name for a Redline :thumbs:

·
Registered
82 Posts
banshee

Great name!
I was having similar thoughts for my Solstice (Banshee not Bean Si). The Banshee, as I was told, would cry in warning of impending death only in the "five families" of Ireland. The families are O'Neill, O'Brien, O'Connor, O'Grady, and Kavanagh. Later, through marriage it allegedly got expanded somewhat. I'm an O'Neil and my mother's "people" were originally from County Kerry so she named me Kerry O'Neil, it got me in a lot of fights as a kid!:lol:

·
First 2000 Senior Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great name!
I was having similar thoughts for my Solstice. The Banshee as I was told would cry in warning of impending death only in the "five families" of Ireland. The families are O'Neill, O'Brien, O'Connor, O'Grady, and Kavanagh. Later, through marriage it allegedly got expanded somewhat. I'm an O'Neil and my mother's "people' were originally from County Kerry so she named me Kerry O'Neil, it got me in a lot of fights as a kid!:lol:
My mother was an O'Brien and we were always told we were descended from kings and thought that was pretty cool until I got older and found out that the entire southwestern quadrant of Ireland has an O'Brien in the woodpile somewhere. Lost some of it's luster.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Pontiac Concept Car Name.....

I just wanted to let you know that Pontiac has used the Banshee name on a couple of concept cars in the past. But hey, the name means a lot to you so go for it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I love it....but I'm Irish, so maybe I'm biased :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
I think I'll name mine Sybil - cause I will be insane & crazy by the time it arrives. :willy:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
CYA... would be a great plate for her..... LOLOL.... or... BEATYU2..... that is what i had on my BMW M3.... loved it... SkyBaby...... oh.. a name.... is a rose still not a rose if called by another name?... Or something like that..... how bout.......Vixon....?

·
Registered
35 Posts
image accepted today

Today My dealer called me to tell me that my image had been placed now the 6 weeks begins. I am excited :cheers: congrats to all those who have gotten their SKY RL

·
Registered
540 Posts
Lorelie, mythical Goddess who led sailors to their demises.
ahhh lovely name. My best friend in college-maid of honor at my wedding is named Lorelie. I didnt know about her name being a mythical goddess and sailors and such but WOW that explains a lot!!! She is 5'11", legs up to her neck, strawberry blond, and WILD. She has led a lot of men to their demise - sailors, cowboys, lawyers, doctors.......... I dont see her very often but I will call her and see if she knows about the Goddess thang:thumbs:

I am thinking of naming my redline "Mine" :D As a nice reminder to the hubby and family just who is the owner!

hummm, I have already ordered my tags - "1BADSKY"

·
First 2000 Senior Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lorelie, mythical Goddess who led sailors to their demises.
Going to stick with my first choice because-----

A. Lorelie was obviously a blatant Teutonic ripoff of a Celtic deity.
B. Lorelie was mythical, whereas the Bean Si was real-- my grandmother's cousin's husband's best friend saw one on the way home from the pub one night.
C. Really-- how much talent does it take for a woman to lure some sailors into doing something stupid?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Then there was my "other" Irish friend whose plate read KMRIA. He also flew a flag with Irish colors and the same KMRIA out side his pub. It means "kiss my royal Irish ahem" apologies to anyone taking offense.:nono:

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Informed today that my baby is at 4104 and should be shipped within a couple of weeks. Guess she needs a name and I've given this a little thought. When I was a kid and my grandparents would tell me stories of Ireland, the one that creeped me out the worst was the story of the Bean Si. A fairy who's wails and moans foretold someone's demise, much like the wail of a Redline's turbo foretells the doom of Miatas, Eclipses and the occassional unsuspecting Z4 or Boxster. What better than Midnight blue for a creature that rides the midnight wind? Hence shall she be known--- Bean Si (phonetic English Ban Shee). Not being a vanity tag kinda person, found a print called the Bean Si and maybe Robert can etch me a wind restrictor.
YES this would look absolutely amazing on a WR... I hope we can get a high res. image so I can get the job done for you!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts