Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Salesperson just called my Redline is built vin 1GMG35XX7Y110029. Asked about price protection, owner said of course. So I'm already getting a deal alright. I can't wait for my Bluestone with everything. Yea.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Maybe you will be the first on the site to get a bluestone. Congrats on getting your vin
:thumbs:

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
VIN #10,029....Wow! the numbers keep climbing!! :thumbs:
With the VIN #'s this high, I am wondering if the base SKY builds will begin to taper off, and the Redlines begin to take the lions share of the build. With the 60/40 split, it seems at this rate, there could be quite a few base SKY's built.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
:cheers: for you!!:cheers:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
with a Vin of 110029 dosen't that mean the #29 Redline not 110029 Sky as a whole :confused:

I have a Vin of 6510 as a basline Sky, and I can't believe there have 4 thousand plus Sky build since late July

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Salesperson just called my Redline is built vin 1GMG35XX7Y110029. Asked about price protection, owner said of course. So I'm already getting a deal alright. I can't wait for my Bluestone with everything. Yea.
Glad you are closer to having your RL. Is it automatic or manual?

·
Registered
188 Posts
What kind of RL?

What kind of RL did you order - auto or manual? :confused:

I'm curious if any manuals have been built yet ...........

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I thought only 10,000 Skys were being built. 20,000 Soltices. Interesting.
Thats per build year. Build year runs from AROUND 6/26/06 to AROUND 6/26/07. The 4500 ( around ) from march 2006 untill 6/24/06 are 2006 build year or consider them a bonus.

They are also mixing the vins, from the GXP and Red Lines with the regular Solstice and Saturn. So more or less they will be Kappa vin numbers. That's why the Solstice started with the 2007 build with a vin something like 104550, one of the other letters or numbers will determine the Solstice or Sky.

So it's not very interesting.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Congrats !!! Just have to go thru the inspection. But relax it could be 3/4 week inspection but it's almost home. I can't wait to see the Bluestone.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Congratulations! Can't wait to see who actually takes delivery first. I contacted dealer & told them I would be willing to take auto if it becomes available - don't pass me by without asking!! :willy:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Congratulations, and the VINs just kep going higher. You VIN can tell you nothing more that the order it was built. As of this time there isn't really a way to tell R/L VINS,as they are being VINNed right along with base SKYS,

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thats per build year. Build year runs from AROUND 6/26/06 to AROUND 6/26/07. The 4500 ( around ) from march 2006 untill 6/24/06 are 2006 build year or consider them a bonus.

They are also mixing the vins, from the GXP and Red Lines with the regular Solstice and Saturn. So more or less they will be Kappa vin numbers. That's why the Solstice started with the 2007 build with a vin something like 104550, one of the other letters or numbers will determine the Solstice or Sky.

So it's not very interesting.
Boy! Thank you Duluke that really clears up a lot of questions about availability.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Congratulations, and the VINs just kep going higher. You VIN can tell you nothing more that the order it was built. As of this time there isn't really a way to tell R/L VINS,as they are being VINNed right along with base SKYS,
The Solstice also. Thats why the 2007 Solstice started with vin # 4500 or something like this. It's one big happy Kappa vin from what I've been told. All mixed together.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wow! Can't wait to follow this one. What other options does your Bluestone RL have? Will we be awaiting twins???:cool:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its automatic

My first Sky number 271 was delivered in March Blue with chrome wheels, Black leather 5 speed and everything else but xmand spoiler. The Redline is Bluestone auto blackleather chrome wheels spoiler and everything but xm.
I live in the chicago area, heavy traffic has been a chore constantly shifting, and shifting to stay in narrow powerband. The Redline should be alot easier to keep in powerband as a wider flater torque curve, and I almost went manual again. But now I'm glad I went auto because it is built. Yea.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Great news:cheers:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Congratulations! Every time I read of assembly line progress I get excited ... it is like waiting in a long line for coffee or beer ... shuffling along back here is ok since the line in front of me keeps getting shorter :jester:

Happy trails ....:driving:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts