Saturn Sky Forum banner

My Redline is built and have vin. yes

4K views 36 replies 22 participants last post by  spunkie 
#1 ·
Salesperson just called my Redline is built vin 1GMG35XX7Y110029. Asked about price protection, owner said of course. So I'm already getting a deal alright. I can't wait for my Bluestone with everything. Yea.

#4 ·
With the VIN #'s this high, I am wondering if the base SKY builds will begin to taper off, and the Redlines begin to take the lions share of the build. With the 60/40 split, it seems at this rate, there could be quite a few base SKY's built.

#10 · (Edited)
Thats per build year. Build year runs from AROUND 6/26/06 to AROUND 6/26/07. The 4500 ( around ) from march 2006 untill 6/24/06 are 2006 build year or consider them a bonus.

They are also mixing the vins, from the GXP and Red Lines with the regular Solstice and Saturn. So more or less they will be Kappa vin numbers. That's why the Solstice started with the 2007 build with a vin something like 104550, one of the other letters or numbers will determine the Solstice or Sky.

So it's not very interesting.

#9 ·
What kind of RL?

What kind of RL did you order - auto or manual? :confused:

I'm curious if any manuals have been built yet ...........

Thanks.

#12 ·
Congratulations! Can't wait to see who actually takes delivery first. I contacted dealer & told them I would be willing to take auto if it becomes available - don't pass me by without asking!! :willy:

#13 ·
Congratulations, and the VINs just kep going higher. You VIN can tell you nothing more that the order it was built. As of this time there isn't really a way to tell R/L VINS,as they are being VINNed right along with base SKYS,

#17 ·
Its automatic

My first Sky number 271 was delivered in March Blue with chrome wheels, Black leather 5 speed and everything else but xmand spoiler. The Redline is Bluestone auto blackleather chrome wheels spoiler and everything but xm.
I live in the chicago area, heavy traffic has been a chore constantly shifting, and shifting to stay in narrow powerband. The Redline should be alot easier to keep in powerband as a wider flater torque curve, and I almost went manual again. But now I'm glad I went auto because it is built. Yea.

#20 ·
Congratulations! Every time I read of assembly line progress I get excited ... it is like waiting in a long line for coffee or beer ... shuffling along back here is ok since the line in front of me keeps getting shorter :jester:

Happy trails ....:driving:

#22 ·
Looney we will have to get together before that.

I want to try and get some get togethers formed before the Midwest weather puts our Sky's into hibernation. I've been so swamped at work lately that i haven't had time to plan. But there is some midwest event coming up like the cruise in Wisconsin, I'm thinking of attending.

#23 ·
I just received my email from Saturn this morning. The first Batch of redline were shipped out today for delivary. I don't know how many are going out but heh, It a start. Thought someone would want to know the bays are now in the empting mode.

#25 ·
OMG!!!! Pitcom, Ernest...looks like we might be on our way!! Thanks Sky Finance Guy for the info... and congrats:cheers: to anyone w/a RL or Base currenty "Bayed"... Can any of you guys confirm with a current event code status? :willy: :willy:

#28 ·
Thanks Deluke for checking so soon on our event codes:thumbs: Gosh you sure are FAST!!:lol: I'm betting on or praying :) the Saturn guys did not change the codes...that happened to me once during the process.....maybe they'll show up later towards the end of the biz day?

Postive thoughts!! Let hope for an exciting weekend!!:D Thanks for all the inside intel:thumbs:

#31 ·
not to make it sound like i'm trying to encourage fraud or anything, but as far as the VIN goes, if it's basically being viewed as one big happy VIN family bewteen sol, sky, gxp, and redline, doesn't that mean your insurance company won't know which car you have simply by looking at the VIN?

I mean, if the VIN has no signifying system as to what model it is, then you could claim your car as a base sky (if you infact had the redline) and they'd quote you on the base, not the redline, making it significantly cheaper.

Any thoughts?

#32 ·
While teh numbers will be shared - the identifying model Letter codes will tell what kind of car it is

#36 ·
I originally wanted Serenity to be auto, but at the time back in January when the dealer images were released, Automatics were on constraint. I wanted the SKY for over 2 years and being that close I went with the manual to get one of the first ones built. Then I ordered the R/L with automatic so Kathy could drive it, because manual was to hard on her arthritis(reaumatoid), and also because I plan to 1/8 & 1/4 drag race with her, and a manual is just not as quick as an auto. There you have it in a nutshell.

Funny thing it was just opposite when my R/L image came in, Manuals were on Constraint 7 Autos were not.:lol:

#37 ·
thanks for the input. I, too, have rheumatoid arthritis and hope my RL arrives before I am too old to change the gears!!! Since the RL is my retirement gift to my husband, I ordered the manual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.