Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our store placed 5 Preliminary Orders for SKY RedLines TODAY and mine was among them. :cheers: I'm #3 behind 2 customers that changed their regular SKY order to a RedLine order. :banghead:

Attached is a Word document that I created after converting the PDF file that showed my order details to a text file. :thumbs:

I decided on a Silver Graphite with the Red/Black Leather, Black Top, Chrome Wheels, Manual Tranny, 1CD Monsoon with XM Radio and the Rear Spoiler. :cool: It will be AWESOME!!!!!!

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
How cool is that? My order number looks similar to yours!

·
Registered
225 Posts
That's cool for you! Bites for me. The local dealerships are doing nothing. I think I may start calling other dealerships in the state.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Quick questions regards your thread on Redline order being placed.
What does a "preliminary order" mean?
Noticed on your attached order information that the ordered options listed G80 and QSL. Both are supposed to be standard on the Redline. Is this just for reference purposes? Has anyone indicated when prices would be announced?
Thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
thank you so much for sharing!!! if my dealer doestn step up to the plate by this week I am switching dealers. Congrats - great color choice.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Did you have any constraints on ordering

I couldn't order Bluestone it wouldn't accept. I changed to Red with red interior it wouldn't take it. So went with Red- black interior and it accepted order. Do you know what the order letters represents? Also do you think that the order can be changed latter on if delivery is alot latter like September or October? I really want Bluestone but the dealer I'm at is very small, and they are still thinking that there will only be 1000 Redlines made for the model year.
I didn't want to chance losing what might be there only Redline.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Luke Sky Watcher said:
Quick questions regards your thread on Redline order being placed.
What does a "preliminary order" mean?
Noticed on your attached order information that the ordered options listed G80 and QSL. Both are supposed to be standard on the Redline. Is this just for reference purposes? Has anyone indicated when prices would be announced?
Thanks
Preliminary order means that the actual order is in the GM System waiting to be picked up depending on priority and constraints. :thumbs:

The fact that these things are standard doesn't keep them from appearing on the order sheet. They are there to tell you all the equipment, standard and optional. :D

Regards,

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Eye on Sky said:
I couldn't order Bluestone it wouldn't accept. I changed to Red with red interior it wouldn't take it. So went with Red- black interior and it accepted order. Do you know what the order letters represents? Also do you think that the order can be changed latter on if delivery is alot latter like September or October? I really want Bluestone but the dealer I'm at is very small, and they are still thinking that there will only be 1000 Redlines made for the model year.
I didn't want to chance losing what might be there only Redline.
The Order Number is just a random alphanumerical code that has no specific meaning. :eek:

You will be able to change your choices (if the dealer allows you) up to 5 days after the order has been ACTUALLY PLACED; not the preliminary order but the ACTUAL order.

Regards,

·
Registered
342 Posts
Congratulations SKY Spy! Hopefully the prelim orders will change to regular orders and be picked-up soon.

The dealers around here refuse to put in preliminary orders, then compound their crappy customer service with lies to the effect that the GM Dealerworld won't enable them to place "prelim" orders for the Redline.

When I suggested many dealers around the country had, they all but called me a liar until I gave them some order numbers... they then lied some more saying it must be a regional/district thing, and that they couldn't look up information on "another" dealers order number.

I know I'll love the car if I ever get it... which is a big IF because I have no confidence these dealers here will keep their word and not attempt to charge excessive markups or require thousands in "extras". And other dealers in surrounding cities have too big of waiting lists, so I'm not very confident.

So I for one will probably never attempt to buy another Saturn, or a GM vehicle of any kind after the crap I've read & experienced first hand from their dealers. I can't wait to express my views on the amazing Saturn "buying experience" on a JD Power survey!

After reading how many of the Saturn dealers around the country are acting as if this is their last/greatest chance to make some money on a desirable/in-demand GM car, you can bet whatever good JD Powers Ratings they've had in the past are going to go up in smoke... I'll bet money on it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
My dealer is still not taking orders. They are waiting until they get the allocation numbers and the actual order (as in real orders) comes online before they process ANYONE. I guess they want to make sure they get enough cars for people on the list.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Thanks Sky Spy

I really want my Bluestone Redline, I will call my G.M. on tuesday and ask him when the order is picked up he has my authorization to change to Bluestone.
Your info is ever so helpful

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Axel said:
Congratulations SKY Spy! Hopefully the prelim orders will change to regular orders and be picked-up soon.

The dealers around here refuse to put in preliminary orders, then compound their crappy customer service with lies to the effect that the GM Dealerworld won't enable them to place "prelim" orders for the Redline.

When I suggested many dealers around the country had, they all but called me a liar until I gave them some order numbers... they then lied some more saying it must be a regional/district thing, and that they couldn't look up information on "another" dealers order number.

I know I'll love the car if I ever get it... which is a big IF because I have no confidence these dealers here will keep their word and not attempt to charge excessive markups or require thousands in "extras". And other dealers in surrounding cities have too big of waiting lists, so I'm not very confident.

So I for one will probably never attempt to buy another Saturn, or a GM vehicle of any kind after the crap I've read & experienced first hand from their dealers. I can't wait to express my views on the amazing Saturn "buying experience" on a JD Power survey!

After reading how many of the Saturn dealers around the country are acting as if this is their last/greatest chance to make some money on a desirable/in-demand GM car, you can bet whatever good JD Powers Ratings they've had in the past are going to go up in smoke... I'll bet money on it.
There is a saying, that if people are pleased with your product or service they will tell 25 people, if they are unhappy they will tell 250 people.

I imagine that gets increased expontentially with the Web!

If you counted the dealers on this forum that are behaving badly it would probably make up 5% of the Saturn Dealers in the country. Even if you went through all the posts I think you would find a small majority that are truly unhappy with their dealers or paid over MSRP or where forced to pay for add-ons. It is just that when someone gets a bad deal from a dealer everyone on the board comments on the dealer. When someone gets a good deal or experience everyone comments on the car.

Look at these two posts from CalGuy

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?p=63583&posted=1#post63583

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4826

Then look at this thread:

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4815

Both instances deal with a single transaction from a single dealer. But in the later nobody talks about usmc getting great deal or having a great experience with his dealer. Just trying to add some perspective.

However, your perception of Saturn is part of what enrages me with dealers like yours and Roseville and why I have ranted so much about charging over MSRP.

PS If you are concerned about being forced Add-ons or being charged MSRP. Go to your dealer and ask that they put it in writing that they will do neither. If they hemm and haw a little, pull your deposit and go somewhere else.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Jordan said:
Then find a good Saturn dealership?
I bit the bullet, took your advice and did... but of course the trade-off will probably be another six months added until I get my car.

I decided I'd rather wait & deal with a reputable dealer that have to work with the one I had.

Oh well, they say good things come to people who wait... maybe this time in '07 I might get one! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Axel said:
I bit the bullet, took your advice and did... but of course the trade-off will probably be another six months added until I get my car.

I decided I'd rather wait & deal with a reputable dealer that have to work with the one I had.

Oh well, they say good things come to people who wait... maybe this time in '07 I might get one! :thumbs:
Good for you!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts