Saturn Sky Forum banner

My Salesman Called

2K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  usmc 
#1 ·
I called my dealership yesterday to find out where my new baby might be seeing as it is going on 2 weeks late. :banghead: The salesmen I have been working with was not there, but the manager said they would see what they could track down. :confused: I just had a phone call and when the dealer name showed up on my caller ID I thought it was finally the return from yesterday. But it was my salesman, and he asked how my day was going because his was going good. :eek: Seems they got a green sky with a tan top in over night. :willy: YEEHAW! :willy: My car is in, and I am having a hard time concentrating on work! I have the insurance taken care of and will go by my credit union after work to get the check for the car. :thumbs: My salesman, or someone from the dealership will drive my truck home and I will bring them back. Not really a small thing since I live almost 40 miles from this dealer location. My wife is away on a business trip, so I am now trying to decide whether to tell her I got it or just wait and surprise her tomorrow when she gets home. I am heavily leaning toward waiting. :D Man am I high right now!:lol: :cool: :jester:

#4 ·
Congratulations!!!! I was at the Saturn of San Antonio yesterday and they delivered #1, but the guy lives in Dallas. I am excited to hear that one is going to be on the road around town!! Hopefully I will see you zipping by!!

:cheers:

#6 ·
Hey Tex, I am so happy for you!! I've been following you guys for a long time now and to see you all getting your sky's is a thrill for me too. That means that Rick and I are soon to be celebrating before long. The more I hear of cars arriving the closer I know I am at being next :willy: :willy: Pictures plzzz

Theresa
in California

#7 ·
Very nice... Post a photo or two or three... or more:cheers:

#8 ·
Question

Rick Tinley Park said:
Way cool -- Conga-rats...!:jester:
Hey Rick, how are you getting your information on the progress of your sky? Are you getting it from your salesperson? Just wondering how to ask my rep who always has a goofy smile, but no real info. other than to keep smiling :jester: and saying, "on it's way pretty soon"

Theresa

#9 ·
Today must be the lucky day (anyone else?)

I too just got a call at 3:30 from my salesman that my SKY has arrived too! He wants to deliver it tomorrow since he's off on Friday, but I'm not sure I can do it that quickly (have to get everything in order - insurance, finances, etc.). But I'm so excited!!! The car was imaged on February 27th and less than two months later it's delivered (it seems longer than 8 weeks though). So you'll be enjoying yours in Texas and I'll be enjoying mine in New Jersey!!! :lol: :willy: :D

#11 ·
SunneySky said:
Very nice... Post a photo or two or three... or more:cheers:
:thumbs: Oh yeah, have had a lot of folks looking for photos of the green and another group asking for photos of the tan top, but with the nice Texas weather the top may be down for and unknown period of time.:lol: As soon as I can get some good pics they will be posted. It will depend on how much daylight is left after I get it this evening.:D

#12 ·
tolaiz said:
Hey Rick, how are you getting your information on the progress of your sky? Are you getting it from your salesperson? Just wondering how to ask my rep who always has a goofy smile, but no real info. other than to keep smiling :jester: and saying, "on it's way pretty soon"

Theresa
I get mine via the GM. My sales guy told me that the GM took over the SKYs. The guy has been great - I emailed him yesterday and he answered in under 15 minutes. Sent a copy of the latest report...
I try to not bug him more than once a week....

#13 ·
HOORAYYY!!!! Finally the first person on this forum to get a green sky!! Congrats!!!!!!!! :D

I've been just as excited to finally see someone get a green one!!!

Hopefully we'll get ours next month sometime!!

I'm anxiously awaiting your pics!! :D

#14 ·
Finally

Good to hear that someone got their car. :cheers: Congrats
Waiting on my call now

#15 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
I get mine via the GM. My sales guy told me that the GM took over the SKYs. The guy has been great - I emailed him yesterday and he answered in under 15 minutes. Sent a copy of the latest report...
I try to not bug him more than once a week....
Ok, thanks for the info. guess I'll give my GM a try and see what he says. I'll let you know what comes out of it.

Theresa

#16 ·
Congratulations, that is great! :thumbs: :cheers:

TexSon said:
My wife is away on a business trip, so I am now trying to decide whether to tell her I got it or just wait and surprise her tomorrow when she gets home.
Just don't surprise her by picking her up at the Airport! She may not like having to leave her luggage Behind! :lol:

#18 ·
congrats, that's exciting.:cheers:

#19 ·
Does misery really love company?

This afternoon I apologized to our Sales Manager because he was a bit ruffled at an email I sent to him late yesterday stating we were not getting status updates. He called me to say he is concerned because he has been updating us with the only information he has from Saturn - and that continues to be zilch since our order went in. I asked if we have a VIN and he said "Not yet". He reassures me we have our name on this specific order and it won't go to anyone else. I'm thinking he is being exceedingly careful to not mislead us, possibly to a fault, hence no production info. I spoke to the owner in the recent past and he said the same. My hunch now is the earliest indication I get that the order is filled and our Sky built will be when I see a VIN listed on Saturn.com's Locate Vehicle. We are the first built-to-suit Sky order for our dealership. They recently sold all 3 Skys which they ordered themselves, so did they not have any specific owner asking about order progress. I wish they would soften and adopt a more open style. I have complete confidence they'll deliver Jack's Sky as promised. That said, I'd be over the moon if they call back with any little detail! I recall reading that the invoice should arrive prior to the dealership getting our Sky. Is that what's happening on recent deliveries?:confused:

#20 ·
SkyHope said:
This afternoon I apologized to our Sales Manager because he was a bit ruffled at an email I sent to him late yesterday stating we were not getting status updates. He called me to say he is concerned because he has been updating us with the only information he has from Saturn - and that continues to be zilch since our order went in. I asked if we have a VIN and he said "Not yet". He reassures me we have our name on this specific order and it won't go to anyone else. I'm thinking he is being exceedingly careful to not mislead us, possibly to a fault, hence no production info. I spoke to the owner in the recent past and he said the same. My hunch now is the earliest indication I get that the order is filled and our Sky built will be when I see a VIN listed on Saturn.com's Locate Vehicle. We are the first built-to-suit Sky order for our dealership. They recently sold all 3 Skys which they ordered themselves, so did they not have any specific owner asking about order progress. I wish they would soften and adopt a more open style. I have complete confidence they'll deliver Jack's Sky as promised. That said, I'd be over the moon if they call back with any little detail! I recall reading that the invoice should arrive prior to the dealership getting our Sky. Is that what's happening on recent deliveries?:confused:
are they even able to tell you that your at code 3000? or whatever code your at? If not, then they don't know what they're doing cause as soon as your image went into the system, it will have a certain code number attached to it. with your order of chrome and auto, it could be stuck at 3000 for who knows how long

#21 ·
Saturn salesmen and GMs must have rather mixed feelings about the Sky. While I'm sure they are pleased to have a car so much in demand, they
actually don't have any they can sell off the lot. Everyone requires them to
go thru the ordering process and they are then subjected to nervous buyers nagging them. I really wouldn't want to sell Saturn Skys or Pontiac Solstics at this point. I'll bet they'll really breath a sigh of relief whenever supply catches up with demand.

#22 · (Edited)
usmc said:
are they even able to tell you that your at code 3000? or whatever code your at?
Nope, not sharing that info.

GMguy said:
Everyone requires them to
go thru the ordering process and they are then subjected to nervous buyers nagging them.
As for being nervous, well, yeah, after X # of weeks since we ordered and "no progress" reported each week, call me glum. Does make us wonder why no change/no progress on this order. Not asking for delivery date, not even TPW, just confirmation from the dealership that we are making progress. Anything. I'd be happy now to hear a "Yes, you're in production" without any code information. This week I pressed and did get negative confirmation that we have no VIN. So from this side, that reinforces the "no progress" we hear from our dealership.

#23 ·
how wonderful to have a 'greenie' on the way home...I can't wait to see the pics as those are my sky dream colors...unfortunately my dealer said in January that it might be September before I saw it...so I settled for a tan on black that shipped two weeks ago...If yours is as gorgeous as I suspect, I'll be selling a black sky and getting back on the list:eek:

#24 ·
Seems like alot of us have to settle for the next one into our dealers. My original is not even scheduled to be built untill next month. Alls I have to say is, at least I will have one. And I dont think blue is a bad color, was acturally my 2nd choice....

#25 ·
agirltrucker said:
Seems like alot of us have to settle for the next one into our dealers. My original is not even scheduled to be built untill next month. Alls I have to say is, at least I will have one. And I dont think blue is a bad color, was acturally my 2nd choice....
Jack changed his mind about color, started with green in mind, then saw silver pearl and switched, then pics of red and leaned towards that, and even tried going yellow (maybe to get a rise out of me). Truth be told, there isn't a bad color on this car. Each of us could easily live with more than one color/option combo. The only thing that was consistent for Jack was he wanted the red leather so had to limit exterior choices to those paired with the interior. We've seen a Sol in Sly - and that sold him on the silver graphite. We did pass on silver pearl and white automatics the dealer got in ahead of our order - had they come with the red leather, we'd have switched and be driving one now. Congrats to all who make the switch work!

#26 ·
So true, cause in the end we all have to be happy with what we drive. And boy will we all be happy :grouphug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.