Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen the mod were the whole engine cover has been painted, but didn't want to chance messing that up so I decided to just make a simple little change to the cover. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Pretty sharp! I like it!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
looken good!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Trying to be a trend setter I see??:jester: I like it alot..:thumbs:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Just wait for the "Tuners" to get their hands on this car. :nono: Fast and Furious all over again.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I love it :) Please give details. What did you use for base and paint???

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I love it :) Please give details. What did you use for base and paint???
Didn't use any base just used Testors Enamel Yellow. Took about 4 coats to cover well. Waiting to see how well it will hold up. Might have to do a touch up now and then, but that ok I got a lot of paint left over:D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Agreed. Looks good. Nice, simple touch, yet adds some snap under the hood.
Well done!
:cheers:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Agreed. Looks good. Nice, simple touch, yet adds some snap under the hood.
Well done!
:cheers:
Get an oil filler cap from a ION Red Line Coupe, simple and adds to the motor appearance. Mobil 1 Full Synthetic Logo on top.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
:cheers: WOW that looks great. :cheers: Not to much, not to little. I think if you had painted the whole engine cover it woud have been over kill. I think I might copy you when my RL arrives, unles you are opposed to it.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Get an oil filler cap from a ION Red Line Coupe, simple and adds to the motor appearance. Mobil 1 Full Synthetic Logo on top.:thumbs:
picture of a ION REDLINE oil cap??

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I actually don't like this idea. I can understand having different brand names under the hood for various things such as parts and stuff, but having an Oil company brand on the oil cap seems a little funny to me, since I'm not sure about you, but I wouldn't fill my car with the exact same oil each and everytime for the life of the car....(or the cap, heh) Just seems like an unnecessary add on. Sorta like these import "racers" that slap a vinyl sticker on the side of their cars for a part company, meanwhile they don't have ANY part installed from that company.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I actually don't like this idea. I can understand having different brand names under the hood for various things such as parts and stuff, but having an Oil company brand on the oil cap seems a little funny to me, since I'm not sure about you, but I wouldn't fill my car with the exact same oil each and everytime for the life of the car....(or the cap, heh) Just seems like an unnecessary add on. Sorta like these import "racers" that slap a vinyl sticker on the side of their cars for a part company, meanwhile they don't have ANY part installed from that company.
Actually my car only runs mobil 1 synthetic oil in it so i would like to have that instead of the regular one and yes that is what i will keep running in mine Ion Redlines and corvettes REQUIRE that oil so if a vette uses it it has to be good.. no one is vinyling there car out and i DO have that stuff in mine so NUFF SAID

·
Registered
223 Posts
since I'm not sure about you, but I wouldn't fill my car with the exact same oil each and everytime for the life of the car
I can't back this up because I heard it many years ago, and I don't know how valid it really is, but I heard it was better to use the same brand of oil in your car everytime you change it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Antonio, Why would not you use the same weight of oil? Why would not you use the same brand of oil? Skip..:) :) :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts