Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to track a Sky down for awhile now, especially since my Audi A4 is almost done being worked on and I am ready to trade in.

The only one that I could find was a Black with Black leather, about 20 mins from my house. I'm going to put a deposit down on it Monday. 5spd, LSD, and black or white were my standards, and red leather would have been nice but it's not happening at this point.

I was told it was being built on May 15th, and I was told to expect to get the car in June. Would you say that's accurate, or will I end up waiting 6 months from then?

Should I keep calling dealers like crazy across the country to find one? If there's one in my backyard unaccounted for, there HAS to be a few more somewhere...preferably white/red ;)

Your advice?

·
Registered
46 Posts
WHERE IS YOUR BACKYARD? ORDERED IN MAY DELIVERED IN JULY IS MY BET.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
ChiliSkyVA said:
But he's not ordering in May...he stated the car is being built the week of May 15th...so it looks like the car has already been ordered and has a TPW. I'd say the 'June' delivery sounds about right...mine is being built the week of 5/22 and I was also told to expect delivery in June.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
ChiliSkyVA said:

That sounds reasonable. I know it seems like it has taken ages for some on the list to get the sky, but in reality it has been 6 to 8 weeks once the car is imaged. They only started producution in March.

I know there are several dealers in SoCal that are getting cars and putting them on the lot! You need to be willing to pay either over MSRP or pay for dealer Add-ons that may in themselves me severly marked up! Also pretty much call th day the car comes in.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Build Date

Mine was built on 4-11-06. It was shipped out by the 18th, and it still has not arrived today 5-6. So it is any body's guess.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
As for mine, it was built on 2-28-06 and I picked it up 3-30-06... and that was with a LONG delay on transportation (it apparently sat at the depot for a while) -- So one month sounds very reasonable from build date to delivery.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Mine was paided for 17 days ago, shipped almost 2 weeks ago and still MIA :banghead:

·
Registered
163 Posts
richmcc said:
but in reality it has been 6 to 8 weeks once the car is imaged.
I wish that was true for us... Tomorrow is exactly 8 weeks from our image - and we were just sequenced (supposedly)... Not even built yet... :banghead:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Jen said:
I wish that was true for us... Tomorrow is exactly 8 weeks from our image - and we were just sequenced (supposedly)... Not even built yet... :banghead:
Jen... Yours could be built already and you not know it.
Most SKY owners did not know that their SKY was born until after the event. Your dates sure look like you are going this week. If not already done...

We're waiting WITH you!

·
Registered
45 Posts
i got mine this weekend and i think i'm in love!!!!!!!!!! so much funn to drive!:cool:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Jen... Yours could be built already and you not know it.
Most SKY owners did not know that their SKY was born until after the event. Your dates sure look like you are going this week. If not already done...

We're waiting WITH you!
Thanks Rick for the positive thinking! Can you tell I'm impatient? :D

I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed! :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
DarkkstaR said:
I've been trying to track a Sky down for awhile now, especially since my Audi A4 is almost done being worked on and I am ready to trade in.

The only one that I could find was a Black with Black leather, about 20 mins from my house. I'm going to put a deposit down on it Monday. 5spd, LSD, and black or white were my standards, and red leather would have been nice but it's not happening at this point.

I was told it was being built on May 15th, and I was told to expect to get the car in June. Would you say that's accurate, or will I end up waiting 6 months from then?

Should I keep calling dealers like crazy across the country to find one? If there's one in my backyard unaccounted for, there HAS to be a few more somewhere...preferably white/red ;)

Your advice?
Yes it is very posible you can have it middle to end of June. Depends on where you live ? I know of a grey one at MSRP in Ct.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Platinum Grey also

I know of a Platinum Grey one in Fairfield , CT Don't know any of the other details but it is also available.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts