1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok that was cool!
Onstar emailed me diagnostic report.
900 miles and all is well.

I have experienced no issues whatsoever.
My new plates just came in so I'll put some pics of my Sky here soon.

White
Monsoon W/O XM
Added Delphi XM external (just did it. Finding good antenna placement now)
Pics and more details on the way...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Ok that was cool!
Onstar emailed me diagnostic report.
900 miles and all is well.

I have experienced no issues whatsoever.
My new plates just came in so I'll put some pics of my Sky here soon.

White
Monsoon W/O XM
Added Delphi XM external (just did it. Finding good antenna placement now)
Pics and more details on the way...
While it IS kinda cool.. Is it worth around $220.00 a year??:confused:

·
Registered
108 Posts
After looking over the documentation on OnStar, my wife and I think it is. Too many times over the years we have been stuck in the middle of god knows where.:willy:

That and on the rare occassion I will let her drive it, I just feel safer!:)

YedraSky

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes it listed great detail about what it checked.
I'll dig it up and post it.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
It may be worth in on a car that has no spare tire.
Cell phone makes the call -- But really since every GM car is going to have OnStar now -- they should be able to either (or a combination) lower the price (like <$10.00 a month) or have a per use/feature charge with the monthly fee rolled into the purchase.
To pay $220 for an email and perhaps a phone call (of course that will cost extra) just doesn't seem worth it? Does it?? I have had OnStar for 2 and a half months -- other than the phone (which you HAVE to have OnStar to use) I have not used any other feature.
I like OnStar, I think its a good idea, it just needs to be "included" and not a payfor thing if it is automatically built in.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Brian and I have liked that option.. but, the first VUE we bought was the FUSION ORANGE... omg.... it did grow on me though.... well, back on subject.... all the emails we have gotten.... seemed to be duplicated until further inspection..... we were getting the reports for OUR VUE, OUR SKY.. AND OUR OLD SKY WITH THE NEW PERSONS INFO ON IT..... TALK ABOUT HIPPA!!!!!!!! lol... we have called monthly and still they keep sending.... i love the information as if there is a problem we can fix it right away. SkyBaby

1 - 8 of 8 Posts