Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what happens when someone stops in the middle of the road to avoid a turtle!!!!
I was about 8-10 car lenghts behind a 97 Toyota Tacoma in a 35 mph zone I glanced to the left overlooking the lake and then when I looked up BAM!!!!!
He was stopped to let a turtle go across the road!!!!
I am alright stiff neck (I wish I was wearing my HANS device!) The other driver was okay Thank GOD!
Neither one of us was cited.......I was lucky but the cop said he shouldn't of stopped in the middle of the road!
Onstar contacted me before I was done rolling.....That was crazy!...anyway
I have great pain killers now and am nodding off lol....

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
damn man. That sucks royally. Glad to hear your ok though.

It looks like there is some damage to the engine. Any idea of the extent to all of the damage?

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I think I need pain killers after looking at your pics. Glad you're ok, but hate to see your car bent. Why did the turtle cross the road?...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They said $7,000 roughly but I will have an exact tommorow.
No engine damage just pushed the plastic cover back and ripped the radiator hose...Killed my twin horn intake!!!!
Wes I will be calling ya for another one!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
holy crapppers!!!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
7k is not to bad. Good luck with the repair, hopefully your insurance company is pretty cooperative

·
Registered
684 Posts
How old was the turtle? But seriously I'm glad you are ok. We need to meet up some day.

·
Registered
225 Posts
air bags

did your air bag deploy properly? get well soon!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
AHHHHHHHHHHHH
holy crap... i am so sorry... those pictures are hard to look at - especially next to the avatar of the perfect Sky. I need to light a candle. Please tell me that is somehow a photoshop.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ouch! I love your rims though. Where'd you get them?

·
Registered
18,386 Posts
If they did not deploy, another thing that went wrong with the SKY....add it to the list....Hey, we did not buy this car for safety anyway...it is all image.

If u wanted safety, there is always Volvo

·
Registered
202 Posts
Airbags

Sorry about your accident. Airbags quite often do not deploy on a high hit (over the rails). I can see from the photos that the driver's side airbag is intact.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Is the turtle okay?

:angel:

So sorry, man. I just couldn't resist.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
bad joke

I know exactly what will cover some of those scratches--some Turtle Wax..

·
Registered
420 Posts
ARGH!! :eek:
Those pictures are painful to look at but it's good to hear you're ok though.
Let us know how the repairs go.

As Dana Carvey would say in "The Master of Disguise"...Turtle Turtle!

(sorry couldn't resist)

·
Administrator
6,898 Posts
marlboromike : If they did not deploy, another thing that went wrong with the SKY....add it to the list....Hey, we did not buy this car for safety anyway...it is all image.

If u wanted safety, there is always Volvo
You are one negative SOB. Do you ever have a positive thought about anything ?

This impact happened at less than 35 MPH, and it was with a vehicle of similar mass which was either stationary or moving in the same direction, which lessens the impulse. It was not a direct hit, since the hood is peeled up, but the bumper is not crushed, which lessens the impulse even more. The driver walked away with minimal injury, so why do you think the airbag should have deployed ?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts