Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some teenager with dads SUV rear-ended me while I was pumping gas. Needless to say I let out a mighty "F***!" Seems like the most damage was that some paint was taken off the plastic rear. My question, will this paint eventually start chipping away with time? Is there anything I can do to prevent it from peeling away?

Teens should not be allowed to drive SUVs!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
540 Posts
you might not have a problem for months or even years but eventually the "specks" where the paint is gone get bigger. (weather, washing, etc) I got my rear end tapped on my Caddy and didnt do anything about it ( I knew the person and didnt want to make a big deal out of it at the time) Over time it got worse and I had to have the rear bumper sprayed urgghhhh

BTW - it started out as two (2) tiny specks of paint gone where the indention is for the license plate. That wasnt even where there car touched mine - but that was were the plastic bent.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I heard that each individual panel costs $350 to get painted. Hopefully his insurance will cover and get it fixed. If they can't match that panel exactly, they should repaint the whole car. Sorry that happened to you, good luck with it.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
That's the second Sky we've had rear ended in a couple of weeks. Are we drawing to much attention. Perhaps kappasphere should come up with a sign. Keep your car on the road and not on my Sky! or If you can read this Sorry I must be driving to close in front of you.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Some teenager with dads SUV rear-ended me while I was pumping gas.
Ouch! sorry to hear that.

The question is, how the heck did the SUV teenage driver manage to do that?

Was he/she backing up to the pump, didn't see your Sky, and hit it with their rear?

or did the driver hit it with their front for some unknown reason? Please share more details.

I sure hope you got their insurance information to cover the damage.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I was rear ended by a teen in another car with my wife and son. My son knew him as he was with me he was the kid's Asst football coach. Just came up to a light and plowed into me. I got out and gave the kid hell and my wife came up and said be cool he is one of my son's team players. I called the police and then the the guy who hit me said that his father was on the phone and wanted to talk to me. The father said don't call the police and I will take care of it. I said too late I already called. We exchanged insurance cards and police reports and I went on my way. Called the kid's insurance company and they said "They have No insurance with us"

The kid was driving uninssued

Took me 2 months and the threat of a lawsuit to get my car fix. I don't care who it is I will always call the police.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Man, that really sucks.... Go to the best shop you can find...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts