Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My salesperson emailed me to tell me that my Sky is at the dealership, she arrived today! They are agreeing to hold it for me until I get back to LA and can pick her up on Wednesday the 27th. The funny thing is, they said that their allocation is based on how quickly they can sell the car, so they wanted to fed ex me their end of the paperwork so that it is "sold."

Obviously since they are agreeing to hold it for me, and my salesperson is so sweet, I'm happy to help. But I am on a ship in the middle of Italy and Fed Ex ain't coming here, so I gave her a fax number.

The funny thing is, even though I'm not signing anything, the lawyer antenna in me (my former job) started buzzing. I don't want purchasing documents drawn up on a car I have never even seen. And while my dealer is supposedly the only one that doesn't add the "extras" or go over MSRP, what if they did. I would hate to see them try to say my deposit agreement, and emails constitute a contract. Obviously I would fight them all the way, but it still makes me nervous.:confused: I'm a stupid worrier type, I know there is no harm, but if I didn't worry, I wouldn't be me...

Oh well, guess I better just hope she is perfect!:D The main thing though, is that I am very excited that she is waiting for me. Now I'm dying to get home to meet my Sky in person! Yay!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just encourage them (if its true) that you will be there to do the paperwork as soon as you return, and that if everything is on your contract, as promised, they should feel comfortable "Punching the RDR" in advance of your arrival.

The RDR is the term used to notify GM/Saturn of the Vehicle's sale.

·
Registered
388 Posts
My salesperson emailed me to tell me that my Sky is at the dealership, she arrived today! They are agreeing to hold it for me until I get back to LA and can pick her up on Wednesday the 27th. The funny thing is, they said that their allocation is based on how quickly they can sell the car, so they wanted to fed ex me their end of the paperwork so that it is "sold."

Obviously since they are agreeing to hold it for me, and my salesperson is so sweet, I'm happy to help. But I am on a ship in the middle of Italy and Fed Ex ain't coming here, so I gave her a fax number.

The funny thing is, even though I'm not signing anything, the lawyer antenna in me (my former job) started buzzing. I don't want purchasing documents drawn up on a car I have never even seen. And while my dealer is supposedly the only one that doesn't add the "extras" or go over MSRP, what if they did. I would hate to see them try to say my deposit agreement, and emails constitute a contract. Obviously I would fight them all the way, but it still makes me nervous.:confused:

Oh well, guess I better just hope she is perfect!:D
Hey, I live close to the dealership. Want me to go over there and test drive Shadow for you? :lol:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts

The funny thing is, even though I'm not signing anything, the lawyer antenna in me (my former job) started buzzing. I don't want purchasing documents drawn up on a car I have never even seen. And while my dealer is supposedly the only one that doesn't add the "extras" or go over MSRP, what if they did. I would hate to see them try to say my deposit agreement, and emails constitute a contract. Obviously I would fight them all the way, but it still makes me nervous.:confused: I'm a stupid worrier type, I know there is no harm, but if I didn't worry, I wouldn't be me...

Oh well, guess I better just hope she is perfect!:D The main thing though, is that I am very excited that she is waiting for me. Now I'm dying to get home to meet my Sky in person! Yay!
Fax machine any changes, and I believe you have 30 days to fix it.

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts

I'm not an attorney, but maybe you can have your Salesmanager write a contingency on the fax...like sale subject to customer approval upon returning from cruise vacation?....or varification of final sales price/sales statement? I'm sure they would agree to that if they're not trying to pull a fast one:) ...the car will still be sold..but subject to your approval of all documents and car inspection....when they by and sell on ebay..people commit to buy over the internet...I've never bought a car from ebay..but I assume it would be the same?....or do you "have to" buy it if it doesn't meet w/your approval? Hummm?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
The can report your SKY as sold to Saturn prior to you actually taking delivery. Obviously they knew you where going to out of town before you went so they should be pretty sure that you are buying the vehicle. You should already have all the numbers you need to decide if you are buying. Just confirm that and tell them to reported sold. Saturn/GM has a system that works on the principle "Turn & Earn." so the quickest they report a SKY sold, the quickest they COULD earn another allocation... At least that is the theory...

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
The can report your SKY as sold to Saturn prior to you actually taking delivery. Obviously they knew you where going to out of town before you went so they should be pretty sure that you are buying the vehicle. You should already have all the numbers you need to decide if you are buying. Just confirm that and tell them to reported sold. Saturn/GM has a system that works on the principle "Turn & Earn." so the quickest they report a SKY sold, the quickest they COULD earn another allocation... At least that is the theory...

Regards,

BA...

What would we do without you ???? I'm glad you finally started posting a little more again. ( After you got tick off ) Great to have you back !!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Great inside info Sky Spy...good to see you back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts