Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed sub woofer box and non-OEM speaker which was not connected to anything. Then I removed a hot line which was tapped into radio fuse by previous owner probably for sub woofer speaker system. The line was not connected to anything, so I remove it to prevent a short. When I put the fuse back, I plug into wrong slot, 18, which was empty, then I correct it putting it back to where it should be. At this point, everything as I recall was fine.

Next, I taped up damaged wires to both rear speaker and Monsoon box behind driver seat. Those probably were where the previous owner tapped for single.

Next, I taped up worn wire to driver seat belt sensor. Core wire was exposed. Then I put the carpet back, and driver seat back connect the seat belt senor.

At this point I found my car was dead, nothing happened when I turned the key. There was a clicking noise from the floor fuse box area.

I have tried the following,
Remove the seat,
opened all taped area,
check a few fuses, none blown,
disconnected battery for 30 seconds which killed the clicking noise, but didn't fix the problem.

Now my car is dead, when I open the door the light doesn't come up, nothing happens when I turned the key.

Any suggestion?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2008 RL
90 Posts
That battery is junk, but you likely also have a short circuit.

After you charge your battery for 24hrs it will probably still fail the stores cranking amp load test.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That battery is junk, but you likely also have a short circuit.

After you charge your battery for 24hrs it will probably still fail the stores cranking amp load test.

It seems back to normal. I was able to start the car. Maybe I didn't measure it right.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2008 RL
90 Posts
It seems back to normal. I was able to start the car. Maybe I didn't measure it right.
Thanks.
What I meant to say, is any time a battery gets that low, you should load test it or have your local store load test it for capacity. Batteries take a serious permanent beating when drained low. Enough to possibly leave you unexpectedly stranded later.

Likewise, most of the time it gets that low, is when there is a short that constantly draws. Lights, amps, or modules that stay on. Faulty alternators. Or exposed wires. Will not normally do it just because the charge disappeared.

Worth further investigation for peace of mind.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I meant to say, is any time a battery gets that low, you should load test it or have your local store load test it for capacity. Batteries take a serious permanent beating when drained low. Enough to possibly leave you unexpectedly stranded later.

Likewise, most of the time it gets that low, is when there is a short that constantly draws. Lights, amps, or modules that stay on. Faulty alternators. Or exposed wires. Will not normally do it just because the charge disappeared.

Worth further investigation for peace of mind.
Thanks. I believe is my hard wire power kit for dash was not working properly. It has low voltage protection feature and I have parked the car to work on it for almost 10 days. I have move that kit to spare fuse slot which power will be cut when the key is removed. The battery is a brand new one, that's why I didn't even think about it.

Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts