Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called the Dealer on Tuesday we no nothing. My image was accepted Jan 9,
I got the vin. two weeks ago and nothing.
My Salesperson called from Saturn of Elmhurst the car is on the Showroom floor(number 271). They drove it for gas and she said it just stopped traffic. She said there is always a crowd around it on the floor, it is locked and they have it always in someones view. I'm in New Hampshire on business till next Saturday it is very hard to focus now and I can't wipe this stupid smile off my face. I don't want anyone to drive it so it will sit on the dealer floor for at least 9 days, it will make the dealer happy there traffic builder is in the house.
Im on cloud nine. Insurance for year 890.00 for year in DuPage County Illinois.
Members in the area stop by and see it Saturn of Elmhurst, Marilyn is my salesperson and the best buddy a guy can have she pushed this all the way.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If I were you I'd be on the next Comair flight out of MHT ! ! !

Congratulations :cheers: , but it's going to be a long week :banghead:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would if I could

The weekend is when the deals get done, but it will be hard to concentrate.
The car is paid for so there is no chance of anything happening. And the weather is not the best in Chicago Area now. Plus I want to give my dealer a thank you for getting this for me and putting up with my constant nagging. I called her every couple days after I got the vin, and always started conversation as "This is your Sky Pest calling", Great Dealer and great people.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Eye on Sky said:
I called the Dealer on Tuesday we no nothing. My image was accepted Jan 9,
I got the vin. two weeks ago and nothing.
My Salesperson called from Saturn of Elmhurst the car is on the Showroom floor(number 271). They drove it for gas and she said it just stopped traffic. She said there is always a crowd around it on the floor, it is locked and they have it always in someones view. I'm in New Hampshire on business till next Saturday it is very hard to focus now and I can't wipe this stupid smile off my face. I don't want anyone to drive it so it will sit on the dealer floor for at least 9 days, it will make the dealer happy there traffic builder is in the house.
Im on cloud nine. Insurance for year 890.00 for year in DuPage County Illinois.
Members in the area stop by and see it Saturn of Elmhurst, Marilyn is my salesperson and the best buddy a guy can have she pushed this all the way.

What kind of deductables? I hear these good rates, but need to know deductables? Thanks and congrats...I can't wait mine is invoiced and on its way! By the way...what color?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Congrats Eye!!! My first stop this weekend...Saturn of Elmhurst...to have a peek at your car! :D That's not even 10 miles from me! :willy: Just curious...what color/options did ya get?

Regarding insurance...I got a quote from my State Farm agent and the prelim quote I was given was $285/6 months w/$100 deductible. I thought that was pretty darn good for a sporty car. It's only $67 more than my VW Beetle.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Congrats from here too. Wish it were me though.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Eye on Sky said:
I called her every couple days after I got the vin, and always started conversation as "This is your Sky Pest calling"...
I usually open with "Hi! It's your crazy stalker!"

Congratulations!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Deductible and options

The deductable on insurance 250.00, for 1000 it was only 30.00 difference so it was not worthwhile.

The options everything but x-m radio and spoiler
Color Midnight Blue -Black Top-Black Leather- Chrome Wheels, If anyone goes there post some pics. for me.

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
Congratulations on your Sky's arrival! I know this will seem like the longest week of your life! But at least you know she's taken care of! Soon you'll be able to actually demonstrate what we've all been dreamin' about-driving away in our own Sky's! Hope this week flies by for you!:willy:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Eye on Sky said:
The deductable on insurance 250.00, for 1000 it was only 30.00 difference so it was not worthwhile.

The options everything but x-m radio and spoiler
Color Midnight Blue -Black Top-Black Leather- Chrome Wheels, If anyone goes there post some pics. for me.

Eye...I couldn't stand waiting...I stopped over there this evening! :willy: :willy: :willy: The car in the showroom is Midnight Blue, black leather, chrome wheels, NO spoiler...but it DOES have the XM antenna. :confused: I took some pics...hopefully I can figure out how to post them here. And just in case you're wondering...No, we did NOT sit in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
More pics of Sky at Elmhurst

Here are some more pics with the top up...had never seen the Blue car with the top up before...looks great! :thumbs: Interesting thing was...we were the ONLY people in the entire dealership with the exception of another couple (buying a Vue)...the place was EMPTY!

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Eye on Sky said:
I'm in New Hampshire on business till next Saturday it is very hard to focus now and I can't wipe this stupid smile off my face. I don't want anyone to drive it so it will sit on the dealer floor for at least 9 days, it will make the dealer happy there traffic builder is in the house.
9 days!!!! They would have to give me drugs...lol! To know my Sky was in and waiting for me but I had to wait would be a roller coaster of joy and anguish.
Congrats!!!!!:cheers:
BTW thanks for the pics, nscbug!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the pics

Thanks everyone for the comments, and nscrbug for the pics. It looks great! I'm going to have to pour it on to get out of here early. If these people thought I was obnoxious and pushy before, watch out. I just can't wait to drive it off the lot. But if the weather is crummy, I will still wait to pick up til the sun is out. Thanks again for everything to everyone on Forum I wouldn't have got the deal I got or the info to keep the dealer honest with the info you have provided. Can't wait for a rally to meet a lot of you people. Have a Great day and I hope your wait is almost over.
Scott

·
Registered
110 Posts
In the same boat

As most of you know, my baby (#573) was shipped 3-14. My dealer is confident it will show up on or before 3-29.

I am presently sitting in Fort Lauderdale airport waiting for a flight to Washington DC. I don't return until the evening of 3-29.

Bet you a dollar my SKY is delivered about the time the wheels leave the tarmac.

Well, I guess I'll have to wait until Thursday.

Let's hope it doesn't have a few hundred miles on it when I get back.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Congrats. thanks for the picks:thumbs:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats Eye!

Just curious, but is that dealer charging you $2K over invoice? I canceled my order there last month after they held my deposit for 3 months as they told me I would have to pay more than MSRP.

I placed my order with Saturn of Naperville, and they honored MSRP. They placed an order for me Thursday.

Good luck with the new car!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Msrp

I had it put on pre-order and on order written msrp or less. Thanks to people on this forum. I had copies of everything so no problems. But if you didn't you were screwed. They made the 2thousand over a policy at the end of February
I signed papers on Jan 6 and image was accepted on Jan 9. It was mentioned to me about that change in february, I just reminded them I have the signed contract when the image was accepted.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
nscrbug said:
Eye...I couldn't stand waiting...I stopped over there this evening! :willy: :willy: :willy: The car in the showroom is Midnight Blue, black leather, chrome wheels, NO spoiler...but it DOES have the XM antenna. :confused: I took some pics...hopefully I can figure out how to post them here. And just in case you're wondering...No, we did NOT sit in it.
They will all have the same antenna, it is not only for XM but the onstar, both work great on my Sky....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Zr1Owner said:
Congrats Eye!

Just curious, but is that dealer charging you $2K over invoice? I canceled my order there last month after they held my deposit for 3 months as they told me I would have to pay more than MSRP.

I placed my order with Saturn of Naperville, and they honored MSRP. They placed an order for me Thursday.

Good luck with the new car!
Zr1Owner...what # are you over at Naperville? Do you know what image they are on? I've got my deposit at Downers Grove..MSRP there too...but I won't get to order for quite some time...probably not until end of May or early June. That's great news that your car was ordered on Thursday...what color/options are you getting?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was #9 at Naperville, but then due to the red leather, chrome wheels and automatic limitations, I got bumped up to #2 or 3 I believe. I never really asked.

I thought it would be several more months before I could order, but then they called me Tuesday to let me know that I had moved up, but only if I could accept the car without red leather, and with polished wheels.

I have polished wheels on my 05 vette, so I thoght they probably look similar so that was OK wth me. As I was planning on recovering the seats with all red leather, I took the opportunity to move up. I would just need to redo the whole seat instead of just half.

A couple of days ago though they called me to confirm the actual order, and the salesman informed me that the factory accepted the red leather option. So when all is said and done, the only thing I didn't get was the chrome wheels. I can live with that.

The saleperson said that he has no idea when it will arrive, sue to all the issues with ordering this car. They don't want to make any promises. He says that other less popular cars take about a month from order. He expects it to be about 2 weeks more at best. We'll see. That means about lat April beginning on May.

We'll see if any of this adds up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts