Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentlemen,

My SKY has arrived today at the Saturn of Manassas Dealership. They are beginning the PDI, and we have an appointment tonight (@ 7pm) to pick it up!

Like many of you who have already received yours, we're very excited!!!! Pictures to follow!

V/r, Alex:cheers:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Congrats radioactive68, we have to get together soon when I get mine! :cheers:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Great! I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.:thumbs:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Excited!

Radioactive68,
Wow, that's great news. If it were me I'd probably pee my pants right now. I hope you have a wonderful experience and have a great ride tonight because the weather isn't going to be good for top down driving on Saturday or Sunday. Right now it's a beautiful day...one best for top down fun. Have a great evening.
Jayne

·
Registered
107 Posts
Radioactive! You have the VIN I'd been hoping for. My own is 1332, just 19 away from your 1313. But, as I am currently 19, I think it was (read in alternately deep and falsetto voice) meant to be.

Swell car!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congrats:cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Congrats from Canada :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Another Sky Eats the road!!
:cheers:
YES!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome to the Kappa world! See you around DC!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ditto, see ya around the beltway

·
Registered
42 Posts
can you please get me some pics of the auto shifter set up and let me know your impression of the automatic. I am also getting automatic and would like your opinion - thanks

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
Congrats on the new addition! Enjoy and send pics!:thumbs:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update/First Impressions/Pics

NCBlue said:
Congrats on the new addition! Enjoy and send pics!:thumbs:
Everyone, thanks much! Here are a few pics too. Also, we had the windscreen installed. Note: It inserts and is removed in the same fashion as a headrest. The insertion points had to be installed using a 3/4" drill bit (which my dealer actually didn't have in stock and had to go out and buy.)

With it, the air flow within the cab (with top down of course) is excellent. My wife is a hair feind, and it passed her test.

The leg space is excellent too. I'm a short guy (5'8") and I had more than enough room (slide the seat up). Also, the seats recline which makes it a very, very comfortable ride. Suspension is firm, yet sporty. I've tested the Miata and the Audi TT. You feel the every part of the road in the Miata, slide on butter in the ($40k+) TT, you glide in the Sky. The steering has the same responsiveness as the Corvette too.

I noticed that there's black chalkish residue on the very low portion of the rear quarter panels which I attribute to either rear break dust or exhaust. Wipes right off with a soft cloth.

My only heartburn is with the manuals. It's the same old GM "piece of crap" book, completely black and white, and its in a clear plastic baggie. They could have made it a bit more "classy." But, on the flip side they have added a really handy cheat card and a quick reference booklet.

On another note, the car is a pantie dropper! Need I say more? Sorry ladies!

Thanks again, Alex:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Very nice. I assume that is your wife and kids in the photo? Yer gonna have to leave half the family home... Its only a 2 seater! Sounds like yer gonna have some fun with the wife while the kids are home watching TV! Enjoy.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts