Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer just called ... they are taking my baby off the truck now:willy: ... he may send me a pic today ... I'll drive the 150 miles to pick her up Saturday ...:jester:

Question ... Can the dealership tell if the "tire rub" issue has been addressed on my Sky? Access to Factory records for my VIN#? Visual inspection?

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
bubbacc said:
Dealer just called ... they are taking my baby off the truck now:willy: ... he may send me a pic today ... I'll drive the 150 miles to pick her up Saturday ...:jester:

Question ... Can the dealership tell if the "tire rub" issue has been addressed on my Sky? Access to Factory records for my VIN#? Visual inspection?
Congradulations! Are you going to try and come by TMS with Ernest and I? We would love to have you. It looks like there is 39 Kappas coming (3 SKYs) yours could round it out to an even 40. PM Ernest and I to let us know if you are interested. :cheers:

·
Registered
45 Posts
bubbacc said:

I very happy for you! Congrats! I have a question. What is the tire rub issue and how do i know if my sky has it!:confused:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
cozy said:
I very happy for you! Congrats! I have a question. What is the tire rub issue and how do i know if my sky has it!:confused:
On some cars, the rear tires rub against the wheel wells. The way to check this is to try and place your hand in the space between the front of the rear tire and the protrusion in the wheel well...most cannot fit even a finger in that space. Inspect the wheel wells where the protrusion is, to see if there is any evidence of rubbing wear on them. Also, some folks have said that there is a 'burning smell' (most likely burning rubber) if the tires are rubbing.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Congrats

Welcome to the club. Your going to love it. The tire rub issue a bulletin was sent to service about this call your sales man to ask service to check this out so you have no down time on your toy. Congrats again

·
Registered
76 Posts
CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW ARRIVAL..........:cheers:

·
Registered
45 Posts
nscrbug said:
On some cars, the rear tires rub against the wheel wells. The way to check this is to try and place your hand in the space between the front of the rear tire and the protrusion in the wheel well...most cannot fit even a finger in that space. Inspect the wheel wells where the protrusion is, to see if there is any evidence of rubbing wear on them. Also, some folks have said that there is a 'burning smell' (most likely burning rubber) if the tires are rubbing.

Thanks nscrbug! i'll check it out when i get home today! i figure there are "bugs" in every car. gotta find them sooner or later! can't get over how much attention the car gets. can't fill up the tank without someone coming over to admire it! :driving:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts