Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go folks, I checked my order today and the TPW was 02/03/06. No reference to another other change, my GM said it is probably built or close to and VIN should be on the screen and on his weekly by this Tuesday. I know that this is unbelievable, and I am sitting here with Event status History printout dtd today. I know he know his way around the screen and such, and he does not ever tell me anything just to amuse me, I figure he might be right. After all this isn't his first rodeo.

Alright yall jump in here now, and give me your input, good, bad whatever:thumbs: :D It's okay, I can take it.

ERNEST:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Only one question (I hope yours is being detailed as I type)...
Why hasn't ANYONE heard that they started production??

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Yeah...I think KappaMan would have told us if they started...

Wouldn't he have?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ernest said:
Here we go folks, I checked my order today and the TPW was 02/03/06. No reference to another other change, my GM said it is probably built or close to and VIN should be on the screen and on his weekly by this Tuesday. I know that this is unbelievable, and I am sitting here with Event status History printout dtd today. I know he know his way around the screen and such, and he does not ever tell me anything just to amuse me, I figure he might be right. After all this isn't his first rodeo.

Alright yall jump in here now, and give me your input, good, bad whatever:thumbs: :D It's okay, I can take it.

Wow! That is awesome! :D I think your dealer is probably accurate. I wish I could get my image soon! I'm #4 on the list here.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rick Tinley Park said:
Only one question (I hope yours is being detailed as I type)...
Why hasn't ANYONE heard that they started production??
I don't to start any rumors, all i know is what I saw on screen, I didn't didn't beleive it it is to good to be true, however all I klnow is what GM told me, I told him no one will believe me on my forum but was told that in his opinion it was built. Once again I must reiterate this is what I have been told, and he hasn"t lied to me ever, even when we discussed pricing. Worst case scenario it shows order is in pipelline. Who knows, maybe this is the start, maybe I will be the lst SKY on the road in Texas, at least that is what the GM says, but who knows? Only GOD knows that is for sure. The only other sure things in life are death & taxes.:cheers:

ERNEST:eek: :thumbs:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
KAPPAMAN! SUP? What is the status on the build? Have they really started????:deadhorse :chill: :driving: :rant:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Ernest said:
Probably, all I am saying is what I have seen with my own two eyes, and heard from a trusted source, no more, no less. Hey I am just an old country boy from TEXAS:lol: :D

Well I for one hope YOU got a SCOOP!

Let's see VIN = 0000000001!!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
kappaman seems to be someone in the know, and he says as soon as production actually starts he will let us know... so untill i hear it from him i will say it is probably what is called "In Process" which is when all the parts for the build are being programmed into the computer so all the parts arrive at the right place at the right time :)
If not, then i hope you get yours soon and athey don't send it by a slow transport.....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ernest said:
Uh, oh.
Hear that?
Think it's the sound of K-Man busting a keyboard......

Weren't we told that the first batch had to be reviewed and blessed by the mucky-mucks?
Your car could be built, as it's in the first set of images for demo cars, but thought it had to go through review by the suits before they'd set em loose and start customer production proper?

Either way, one day closer....

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Congrats Ernest! :thumbs: I hope you get your vin this coming week. If you get yours I'll be getting mine soon.

Hard to believe this time next year I'll be rushing home every night to sit and dream about driving my Sky. My wife calling to me to come in from the garage. Dreaming back to a great summer of 2006 and an even better summer of 2007 (better because I will again get to take my Sky out to play).

Well Baby steps I guess. Next is the AutoShow to actually see the car. Has anyone that's been to the recent auto shows been able to sit in the Sky on display?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Congratulations Ernest, I am very happy for you. I went looking at Cadillac CTS's today. I am currently recovering from sticker shock. 40K however definatley alot more car & more warranty.Im not real thrilled about the Sky since we are about 5 1/2 weeks from when we were supposed to order. I plan to call my salesman tomorrow and tell him I will either order our Sky on or before Mar 31st or I will pick up my $500 deposit on Mar 31st. Ive been reading about the Solstices and how some of them are being kept in the shop for several days. (parts availability) and don't know if I want to deal with a first year model.( it is the case with any Manufactuer) I do think the Sky is a really cool car but I am not thrilled the way the whole Sky experience has played out. Yesterday I called the Corp to ask when production was set to begin and was told " spring 2006 " (dont laugh Im serious) :lol: :lol: Its almost as if they were reading from an ad. I am also pondering the thought of buying a car that in 2 years I can buy for the same price today. (Not being allowed to use GM supplier discount)Any how thanks for letting me vent & once again congrats Ernest. PS maybe Im just jealous.:banghead:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Spring 2006 has been the only official date for the arrival (define that) of the SKY...
So any date(s) mentioned by dealers (by the way there are no Saturn Dealrs - only Saturn Stores) They can't sell them until they are built. Could be tomorrow -- could be "Spring of 2006"....

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well, Living here about 5 miles from the plant in Wilmington,DE... We are starting to see quite a few on the road, driving around developments and on the highways. It's not all the same car either, we've seen a few different colors and whatnot.

So they are definitely starting to put them out, even if just the demo's that the "suits" are taking out to check for bugs.

But it defintely shouldn't be too long. When I was at the Philly Auto Show last night and talking to a few representatives from the Wilmington plant.. they said they've been producing them but so far they haven't cleared any to be sent to the dealers. They told me to expect to see the "demo's" at the dealerships by the end of the month and me being #8 on the list that I should have mine sometime in April.

We'll see I guess....

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Ernest said:
Probably, all I am saying is what I have seen with my own two eyes, and heard from a trusted source, no more, no less. Hey I am just an old country boy from TEXAS:lol: :D

Im very happy for you dear, sounds like yours should be here shortly.. you go boyfriend :D

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rick Tinley Park said:
Spring 2006 has been the only official date for the arrival (define that) of the SKY...
So any date(s) mentioned by dealers (by the way there are no Saturn Dealrs - only Saturn Stores) They can't sell them until they are built. Could be tomorrow -- could be "Spring of 2006"....
Rick, have you noticed the SKY calendar ends in March, in February it says 20 somethin days till Spring? Interesting huh? Worst case scenarion is that they are jockeying the TPW's, not knowing how long it takes to build one, I wouldn't think iot wopukld take that long, mid - late March is not that unrealistic, It is rapidly approaching the middle of February, it could be in the proper time frame, agt least I see activity on my order, whatever the pipeline is, it is in it anyway. Right? Like I say it could or couldn't be built yet, but something is happening up there in the plant, dates are showing, it is the 9th and it still shows the 3rd on my Event

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just soooo Happy...for YOU!!

OK, happy for you...blah blah blah...so glad yer getting yer car...yada yada yada.....WHERE"S MINE?!!!!!!!!:banghead:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts