Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have PM'd me to stay apprised of my Sky saga (knowing it came while I was out of the country), it just gets better...I was due to pick up my Sky on Wednesday at 11am after my dealer held it for a week for me. Lo and behold, a small bird changed my plans. It literally flew into the engine of the plane that was supposed to take me from Barcelona to London for my flight back to LAX today. Needless to say I am writing this from the internet cafe in a very mod hotel in the airport district of Barcelona, courtesy of the tab of British Airways.

So now I land in LA at 1pm, drive home Mom to Culver City, drive Mom in Law home to Orange County, pick up my Mercedes trade in Pasadena, and head out to Riverside to get my car -- hopefully around 6pm if I am lucky. Those of you who live, or used to live in LA know what a traffic circus that could prove to be.

Instead of being bright eyed and bushy tailed, I will be dragging from a trans continental flight and TONS of LA traffic. But the good news is, all birds cooperating, I should be picking up the Sky tomorrow night!

Thanks to all the support and updates from deluke along the way...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Congratulations!! :cheers:

Once you see your new baby you will forget about the terrible jet lag! I bet you don't stop smiling for at least a week! Can't wait to see pictures.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
For those of you who have PM'd me to stay apprised of my Sky saga (knowing it came while I was out of the country), it just gets better...I was due to pick up my Sky on Wednesday at 11am after my dealer held it for a week for me. Lo and behold, a small bird changed my plans. It literally flew into the engine of the plane that was supposed to take me from Barcelona to London for my flight back to LAX today. Needless to say I am writing this from the internet cafe in a very mod hotel in the airport district of Barcelona, courtesy of the tab of British Airways.

So now I land in LA at 1pm, drive home Mom to Culver City, drive Mom in Law home to Orange County, pick up my Mercedes trade in Pasadena, and head out to Riverside to get my car -- hopefully around 6pm if I am lucky. Those of you who live, or used to live in LA know what a traffic circus that could prove to be.

Instead of being bright eyed and bushy tailed, I will be dragging from a trans continental flight and TONS of LA traffic. But the good news is, all birds cooperating, I should be picking up the Sky tomorrow night!

Your Welcome! and CONGRATS !!!! We want pictures. I can't believe what a bad time you had but driving around in your Sky will make up for it.:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
171 Posts

I can't imagine knowing your car is here and not being able to pick it up. That's somehow worse than waiting on it to be delivered. But at least the wait is almost OVERRRRRRRR :D

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Stacib, you will wake right up with a little Sky time behind the wheel. Good luck! Let's cross our fingers all goes well..:)

·
Registered
107 Posts
My SKY is from Riverside too. They are without doubt the best Saturn dealership I've ever been to.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Fingers are crossed here also.:thumbs: Good luck.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You know something always has to go wrong when you are awaiting something so big and exciting like getting your SKY .. its destiny, gets your anxiousness going:)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I foresee you getting a jump in your step when you see her and all jet lag and/or LA traffic woos will be forgotten. Congrats! See you at the next gathering for SoCal :thumbs:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Getting it tomorrow at 10:30 a.m!

Turns out after a 19 hour flight/layover from Barcelona this morning, we called our dealer and asked if we could come in tomorrow. They are about 1-2 hours from our house and the idea of driving that brand new car back after being up for about 27 hours straight just seemed like a bad idea. Not to mention the fact that we were kind of tired and smelly after all that.

Much better to dream about her tonight and pick her up tomorrow morning. Yippeee! Can't wait to post details and pics soon!:D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Turns out after a 19 hour flight/layover from Barcelona this morning, we called our dealer and asked if we could come in tomorrow. They are about 1-2 hours from our house and the idea of driving that brand new car back after being up for about 27 hours straight just seemed like a bad idea. Not to mention the fact that we were kind of tired and smelly after all that.

Much better to dream about her tonight and pick her up tomorrow morning. Yippeee! Can't wait to post details and pics soon!:D
Welcome home!!!

Have a great sleep and wonderful day tomorrow when you pick up the car!!! :thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts